What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long for Ross

carinashark

First Grade
Im actually thinking he will get off! Cronk obviously ,and with intent smashed his head into the palm of Ben Ross's hand . It was only by a deft lateral wrist movement Ben was able to take the intended blow on Cronks neck. He got up holding his hand ( its in the vidio) . So how long should Cronk get? 6 weeks I recon.

millersnose

Post Whore
carinashark said:
Im actually thinking he will get off! Cronk obviously ,and with intent smashed his head into the palm of Ben Ross's hand . It was only by a deft lateral wrist movement Ben was able to take the intended blow on Cronks neck. He got up holding his hand ( its in the vidio) . So how long should Cronk get? 6 weeks I recon.

lol

maybe cronk can plead 'fatigue' and he was just being lazy

hey frenzy whats the grading for attacking someones forarm with your neck?

Inferno

Coach
According to Smith, Ross should be "made an example of"

MELBOURNE captain Cameron Smith has called for Sharks prop Ben Ross to be "stamped out" of rugby league at the NRL judiciary.

The Sharks forward faces a ban of between seven to nine games for his late elbow on Storm half-back Cooper Cronk last Sunday, with Smith saying "it is a clear example of someone getting hit late and high".

"It's now up to the judiciary to set an example and try and stamp someone out," Smith said.

Ross will be part of a marathon evening at NRL headquarters, where four star players will appear on charges from last weekend's round.

Storm prop Brett White is seeking a downgrade for punching Ross during the drama.

Both players were sent off.

Manly prop Josh Perry and Brisbane full-back Karmichael Hunt will also front the judiciary in an attempt to avoid getting a one-week suspension.

Ross denied he was a thug for his elbow to Cronk's jaw.

"There was no way it was meant to happen like that," he said.

"It was an accident gone wrong.

"I showed that by turning around straight away and going to him.

"I just hope the judiciary see it that way.

"I was going up to tell (Cronk) sorry, that it was an accidental thing. Hopefully he knows that. I didn't hit him with all my strength. I am just in shock at the moment.

"I was made out to look like a thug yesterday and I am not like that. It is just a game and I am sorry. If I was a thug I would have been high-fiving and clapping and cheering.

"As soon as I hit him, I went to turn around and say sorry as he was getting up. It's not me."

Cronk said he harboured no animosity toward Ross.

"Not at all. I've got no problem with him," Cronk said.

"It's a contact sport - these things happen.

"There's a bit of chaos about the tackle. Seeing some the incidents over the weekend it's a physical game and it happens from time to time. I could feel him coming but I was more worried about where the kick went. He got me - it's as simple as that."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23431536-23214,00.html

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
millersnose said:
lol

maybe cronk can plead 'fatigue' and he was just being lazy

hey frenzy whats the grading for attacking someones forarm with your neck?

The charge is Self Guillotining. Same as the others. Grades 1-5 but it carries heavy loading.

Using an innocent opposition players raised and cocked forearm is frowned upon. a grade 1 charge alone carries 1000 points.

I think Cronks self guillotining was probably a Grade 5 which carries like 5000 points.

squiddy

Juniors
You know I like cameron Smith but that is bordering on the utterly stupid . cam smith is one of the worst exponents of the grapple and here he is calling for someone to be stamped out of the game . Unfortunately though I think he may be right Ben Ross will be made an exampleof tonight that hitting the kicker late is not on . I aqree with Noddy they both should get the same penalty

azzah72

Bench
What i don't understand is why the hell is Ross going in to battle for White when Cronk wont do the same for him?

Seems silly to me, regardless i think they they will both get suspended and both are deserved but if they can be downgraded at all it's a plus, if Ross goes in for White, white can get his downgraded but not Ross's?

Silly Silly Silly!

Omnishark2

Juniors
7 weeks for Ross & 4 weeks for White sounds about right.
0 weeks for Perry is a joke though, his headbutt was no accident.

BTW the club is at least partially responsible for the Ross incident, he should have been ruled out for 1 wk min, no matter how much he begged to play. But to the Ross haters, he begged to play because he such's a pussy ...

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Trent Barret & Adame peek over the last 2 seasons received 2 weeks for the same offence.

Seems like kickers are protected species now.

150% increase in suspension times.

Looking for someone to cut your grass?

Apparently Ben Ross has become an expert at it and now he has 7 weeks of free time!