What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long for Ross

millersnose

Post Whore
f**king stupid play which could have saw us lose the match if the ref didnt favor us with a double send off

did he think no one would notice??

very dissappointing

Finchy

Juniors
Frenzy. said:
Listen to the radio and hear the mothers squealing. And the dads in fact.

Someone is going to be made an example of this weekend. I reckon all three. Ross, White and Hunt are in for holidays.

Ben, if you're reading, maybe you should go with the old Danny Williams post traumatic amnesia defence.....................

I agree completely, with all the attention being on high tackles and cheap shots, the nrl are going to use this as a chance to make a stance against it and unfortunately for us i think ross is going to be the example. I think he'll get 8 weeks, 7 with an early plea.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
wort part about it, Ross was having a sensational game too.

Damn it.

At least he will be there at the business end with no carry overs.

He deserves everything he gets. f*ckin stupid act and luckily it didn't cost us. I think he is lucky that Cronk wasn't seriously hurt which, in itself shows of 1 of 2 things:

1. Cronk is a tough bastard or;
2. Ross hits like a girl.

Problem - who replaces him?

Quigs

Immortal
Look he (Ross) might be stupid, it was a bloody stupid thing he did.

But the big unit is a tough bastard. Anyone that tells the world he is playing on Tuesday after getting half his teeth knocked out and the rest of him knocked out for four minutes the weekend before - then he doesn't have to prove anything to anyone.

At the big end of the season it is those tough mad bastards that win you the comps.

Yes it was a stupid idiot shot, and I don't know how he tought he'd get away with it.

But if it was the last game of the season and he'd done a Terry Lamb on Ellery Hanley and we win our first ever title then I don't think there would be too many in here having a whinge about the stupid act.

Call me old school, call me an idiot ( George Roper did) but I bet my hard earned that come finals time one Ben Ross will be one of the first picked in the side.

Every back in the competition loves to play behind mad big units.

And what the Storm bloke did to Ross was what should of been expected. If someone had smashed my little half then I'd expect some big unit to sit the offender on his arse too.

f**k I hate sanitized pollitically correct League. (and f**k me spellun too)

I hate the raised elbow.... its not League, but wham bamm dangerman - bring it back and isn't it great to see our pack mixing it again with the best of them. Not the over rated over worshipped crap we have put up with for years.

I hope to see a couple more marched early in the year. It keeps the others on their toes.

We have a pack that is finally being respected by other clubs. Not a doormat pack of ..

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Oh f*ck!!

fter being suspended last year for a grade-four reckless high tackle that left Bulldogs prop Kane Cleal with a season-ending broken jaw, Ross faces a lengthy stint on the sideline and is unlikely to again be afforded the opportunity to enter an early plea that would reduce the length of a possible 12-match ban.

That is a ridiculous suspension.

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/props-land-in-hot-water/2008/03/23/1206206927749.html

Frenzy.

Post Whore
blacktip-reefy said:
So Frenzy, whats the grading?
Grading+50% same offence loading + 75= ?

I've lost my file with the gradings and the NRL site doesn't seem to have it anymore but I think it goes along these lines

I think it's 500+250+75=825 less something (maybe 25%) for an EGP. That's if it's reckless GD 4 again. That's if it doesn't go straight to the panel. I reckon there's a chance it will due to the current political climate.

Feej

First Grade
Thanks to souths whining and bitching over the last week or so, I reckon he'll get 8-10 weeks.

fatshark

Bench
If he gets more than 4 weeks its a joke. Its a forearm,to the neck

benross2_wideweb__470x385,0.jpg

taipan

Referee
fatshark said:
If he gets more than 4 weeks its a joke. Its a forearm,to the neck

benross2_wideweb__470x385,0.jpg

Nah you can't do much damage to the neck which happens to hold up the head and connect to the spine.:oops: That is the tackle of a friggin wildebeest.

Brett White has been charged with a grade 4 striking.

Ben Ross has been referred straight to the judiciary.

He's going to be toast!

Inferno

Coach
Looks like Hunt will miss only 1 week with an early plea, White facing 3 and Graham with a 1 match ban after knocking out Hodgson with an elbow.

How the hell was Rosco's any worse than Grahams, especially given Ross was using a forearm.

Looks like Ross will definitely be a sacrificial lamb.

Pie Floater

Juniors
It's all part of a plan.

He'll have time to get his teeth replaced, time for his concussion to recover, time to blood some kiddies.

How long was Snowden's suspension from last year for? He'd be about right to play next week, wouldn't he?

Nullajet

Juniors
huuuuge difference between Ross's hit and both Hunt and Graham...Cronk didnt slip into the tackle...

as far as i am concerned, Ross deseres 4-6 weeks..and hunt and graham should get zero!! Ya cant be held accountable for a player slipping into your elbow/shoulder/.knee..whatever!!

White should get a couple for being a girl and waiting until Ross was being held until he slipped in his punches....but ya cant blame him for defending his halfback being hit like that

Wozza

Juniors
Winston Smith said:
Hard to argue its careless. He went high with his forearm cocked, and it was late. What else was he trying to do other than hit Cronk in the head? I'd call it deliberate but poorly executed .... just because he didn't hammer him hard doesn't reduce the intent.

What a stupid comment, if Ross intended to hit Cronk in the head he would have got him in the head. The fact is Ross's right hand hit Cronk's left shoulder just before his forearm got near Cronk. If the intent was there. Cronk would have been ironed out, instead of on his feet quick enough to be holding Ross back after that turd White shoved him over.
Ross was careless and poorly executed a tackle and at most deserves a few weeks. If you want to see intent, have a look at the Graham on Hodgson hit in the Tigers/Cowboys match, which is worse than anything Ross did yet no one is beying for Graham's blood.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I am actually thinking he might get very few weeks.
the video shows his elbow never made contact, it was his forearm .
Add to that, his elbow was never raised(as opposed to a raised forearm which is not illegal.
I reckon he is a chance to get hit for the late high tackle, that is all.

A nice little foxsports shot from behind the posts at the far end may show it better.

Latest posts