What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long till we're out of the press?

R-15-3

Bench
What worries me about B2 is his size. Can’t seem to put it on and is getting dominated in defence. Not worried about his attacking game it will come but swap him out for a bigger 9 and our whole middle tightens up.
Not saying I want to but if his defence doesn’t improve in the future hate to say it but would be open to a different 9.
And I’m not talking about how many tackles or missed tackles because I’m fine with his numbers it’s needing extras in with him to complete the tackle and not being strong enough to dominate and slow the play down.

shaggs

Coach
B2 always looked like he was going to be better than B1, but B1 has now pulled ahead.
The only reason I can see this is because B1 is being mentored by Bedsy, add that in with his couple of years with Ennis and he's turning out pretty solid. B2 on the other hand has hit a plateau. He sometimes shows a little flash but this is his third season of firsts and those other young hookers are looking way more advanced.
Has his progress been neglected because he was part of the Bomber boys club, along with a few others, or is this the best he can be?
At this very point in time if you had to choose out of Brandon or Brayden, you'd take Brandon every time.
Do we think he plays without confidence and plays within a set game plan? We do tend to follow the exact same movements every set.

Has he been told to not play the eyes up football that sets cook and grant apart??

We all rise up and get excited when blayke steps out and runs or kicks. He just doesn’t do it anywhere near enough.
For me he was much better at the end of last season.

Craigshark

First Grade
Do we think he plays without confidence and plays within a set game plan? We do tend to follow the exact same movements every set.

Has he been told to not play the eyes up football that sets cook and grant apart??

We all rise up and get excited when blayke steps out and runs or kicks. He just doesn’t do it anywhere near enough.
For me he was much better at the end of last season.

Good points. When he went off in that canberra final it was all over for us.

What worries me about B2 is his size. Can’t seem to put it on and is getting dominated in defence. Not worried about his attacking game it will come but swap him out for a bigger 9 and our whole middle tightens up.
Not saying I want to but if his defence doesn’t improve in the future hate to say it but would be open to a different 9.
And I’m not talking about how many tackles or missed tackles because I’m fine with his numbers it’s needing extras in with him to complete the tackle and not being strong enough to dominate and slow the play down.
Jayden was the same, he'd get carried by the ball carrier a few metres before others would help. And I'll never forget michael lichaa swatting him aside for a try like he was a fly as well.

No idea if he's improved that aspect of his game now though.

Blayke needs to be the teams playmaker a lot more.

He also needs to get the other players in the team on the same page of what he will be trying to do.

He is a very smart and instinctive kid with great ball skills. He needs to utilise that way more.

Also he is a great kicker from dummy half. He definitely has to get more share of the kicking duties.

His dummy half running is good especially after a great forward run but to make him more deadly he needs players running with him because he can certainly get a pass away.

chewsta

First Grade
Blayke needs to be the teams playmaker a lot more.

He also needs to get the other players in the team on the same page of what he will be trying to do.

He is a very smart and instinctive kid with great ball skills. He needs to utilise that way more.

Also he is a great kicker from dummy half. He definitely has to get more share of the kicking duties.

His dummy half running is good especially after a great forward run but to make him more deadly he needs players running with him because he can certainly get a pass away.

Couldn't agree more. I think we'll see Brails crank it up a notch under Craig's.