What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long will Karmichael hunt?

lockyno1 said:
He let them go over his head FFS!:lol:

please tell me you do know the difference between a bomb & a kick downfield ..i am putting your post down to rampant stupidity rather than lying

ozbash

Referee
Originally Posted by Mr Saab
I did watch the game again, and he passed off twice, and let NO bombs bounce. The only balls that did bounce were from kicks downtown and no fullback in the game catches every kick downtown on the full.
He always was talking and motivating his team mates.
Bowen? He is a mute at the back.
Schif for fullback...Bowen for 18th man.

give up chas, everyone else can see your talking sh*t, why cant you. :cool:

lockyno1

Post Whore
dazza62 said:
please tell me you do know the difference between a bomb & a kick downfield ..i am putting your post down to rampant stupidity rather than lying

Yes I do know the difference and read my main reasons for not wating bowen and there are not becuase of his lack of bomb catching.

They are

A) size- both clinton and scifoske are bigger and hence better defensively
b) talking- bowen does not talk! We neeed a fullback that communicates!

lockyno1 said:
Yes I do know the difference and read my main reasons for not wating bowen and there are not becuase of his lack of bomb catching.

They are

!

Who are those pair?

lockyno1 said:
Here is what you said in post 32

Dazza, he only caught 1 bomb FFS! He didn't even attempt to catch the other ones, hence, the reason qld were on the backfoot all night long! I don't care if a fullback drops a bomb. I do care if a fullback does not ATTEMPT to catch the bombs and is horribly out of position like Bowen!
:crazy:
When you are caught out telling a few whoppers you suddenly change your reason for not wanting him

lockyno1

Post Whore
Yes, and I am not saying I was wrong Dazza. But the main reason that I don't want him is the fact he does not talk. We need someone who pumps his teamates up from the back. His size is another issue I have with Bowen!

harmichael

Juniors
lockyno1 said:

They are

b) talking- bowen does not talk! We neeed a fullback that communicates!

you're making a lot of usless points mate. if a player is going to get dropped for being an ordinary defender and not talking then lockyer is going to struggle to hold his place.

And i don't remember lockyer geeing up his team mates or talking when he played fullback for QLD and i think he went alright in the position.

The fact of the matter is Bowen was used as a scape goat for what happened in origin 1. He made at least 2 line breaks from memory playing behind a well beaten forward pack. In origin 2 our forwards dominated and consequently not one of the NSW backs was seen all game.

lockyno1

Post Whore
no.2_lukeburt said:
Locky u have it in for bowen... just admit it :p

Yes but that does not change the fact that we have tried bowen at fullback TWICE and we have failed. Bowen is in ordinary form for the cowboys. Until he defends like he is supposed to I do not want him NEAR a Origin side. Scifoske deserves a crack at the no1 jersey!:)

Misty Bee

First Grade
Schifcofske deserved his crack at Origin years ago when Wayne Bennet refused to give it to him.

Meanie

Juniors
Misty Bee said:
Schifcofske deserved his crack at Origin years ago when Wayne Bennet refused to give it to him.

Yes, Wayne Bennett should've dropped one of the all time great fullbacks for Schif all those years ago :roll: :crazy:

And it is just me, or didn't Schif play his one and only Origin game under Bennett?

Misty Bee

First Grade
Yes, on the wing, and then was dropped.

BTW, Schiffo has had plenty of time on the wing.

And that 'all time great' fullback is not there now, is he!!!!!

Meanie

Juniors
Misty Bee said:
Yes, on the wing, and then was dropped.

BTW, Schiffo has had plenty of time on the wing.

And that 'all time great' fullback is not there now, is he!!!!!

Wayne Bennett's last game as Origin coach = Lockyer's last game as Origin fullback :crazy:

You still haven't justified putting Schif in for Lockyer in Bennett's time. And if Lockyer wass at fullback where the hell else was Schif going to go?

And just because you hate Hunt, or anything attached to the Broncos, doesn't mean Karmichael Hunt isn't a good player and exactly what Queensland needed, a talker and motivator on the field who was in great form, has great playmaking skills, hits the line hard and was born for Origin. If that "Cook Islands" thing is the best you can come up with then your opinion isn't worth a sh*t.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
the way it stands... IMO hunt is the 5th Best Australian FB atm, and 4th best qld one.

1.Mini
2.Locky
3.Bowen
4.Schif
5.cutie

That is just in my opinon and i beleive that like many have suggested bowen was made a scapegoat for game 1... his failures to catch the ball on the full were overexaggerated and made all his half lbs irrelevant

ozbash

Referee
not disagreeing with you no 2 but how can you have lockyer in your top 5 ? he was the best, but thats a while back.
mine is,
1- mini
2-hodgeson (i,d put at #1 but for his size)
3-schif
4-slater
5- bowen

i,d also have brent webb at #4 but hes not eligible.

Mr Saab

Referee
Misty Bee said:

One of your best you dumb f**k.
Lets drop the then worlds best fullback...and....G Langlands at the time said he was the best fullback he has ever seen. :roll:
You become dumber by the day.
Check yourself into a clinic as you need massive help

Latest posts