What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long will Matai get???

adamkungl

Immortal
imo he should get 8 weeks...
+ 4 weeks loading for being matai...
- 8 weeks for hitting ennis

Ulysseus

Bench
imo he should get 8 weeks...
+ 4 weeks loading for being matai...
- 8 weeks for hitting ennis

lol @ "loading for being matai".

What would the loading be if he were friends with Ryles?, who I am surprised was not involved in this at some point ;-)

adamkungl

Immortal
lol @ "loading for being matai".

What would the loading be if he were friends with Ryles?, who I am surprised was not involved in this at some point ;-)

Manly did play against Ryles the week before....coincidence? I think not.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
1-2. It wasn't that bad.

I know there's always a one-eyed slant to most opinions pertaining to one's own club, but don't be ridiculous. Helen Keller could see that is worth at least 6 weeks. Late (like 3 buses late), high and to me, looked full of intent.

Just saw he's out for at least 7. That's at the lower end of what he deserves. Smart play on the verge of the finals.

Last edited:

ozbash

Referee
I hate Ennis, and am convinced he was milking that anyway.

yea, I wondered that, he's an honours graduate of the Scott Prince Drama Queen Academy.

Matai should be given a medal

sovereign

Juniors
As much as I don't like Ennis, he was lights out before he even hit the ground.. i don't think he was milking it.

applesauce

Bench
7 weeks with an early plea = unlikely to get off

Wow, just about the same amount of time as the 3 strike AFL player got til he can play VFL (8weeks), Hall got 9 for his king hit and had to get surgery on a broken hand, ruling him out for 6 regardless, so effectively he got 3weeks.

At least the NRL try to stap things out fo the game.

BWNB

First Grade
I'm a Kiwi and I hope he is rubbed out for the 4 Nations. He cost us the Anzac Test with his ridiculous late hit on Slater.

I used to be a fan, but now I'm sick of him. Honestly, what goes on inside his head?

He has a pumpkin on his shoulders, not a head!

MSIH

Bench
7 weeks? Very unlucky.

I thought his lack of priors would have helped him out.

Snappy

Coach
Matai, King facing NRL finals bans

AAP Mon, 06 Sep 2010 14:39:15

Manly's preparations for Sunday's must-win qualifying final against St George Illawarra are in disarray after the NRL match review committee charged three Sea Eagles players with high tackles.
Centre Steve Matai, prop Jason King and backrower Chris Bailey all have cases to answer, with both Matai and King facing bans even with early guilty pleas.
Matai was the hardest hit with a minimum seven-match ban for his grade three reckless high tackle charge after an ugly hit on Canterbury hooker Michael Ennis at Brookvale Oval on Sunday.
The Kiwi international will risk a possible nine-match ban by contesting the charge at the NRL judiciary.
Loading and carry-over points have conspired to threaten King's finals involvement after copping a grade one careless high tackle charge, the lowest possible grading for a high tackle.
Bailey was given an identical charge, but his clean record means he will be free to face the Dragons with an early plea, which will be of some relief to coach Des Hasler with the Sea Eagles also batting a lengthy injury list.
South Sydney backrower Dave Taylor, who was named in the Kangaroos train-on squad on Monday for the end of season Four Nations tournament, will escape suspension despite a high tackle charge.

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsar...atai-king-facing-nrl-finals-bans/default.aspx

grievous

Juniors
for what it's worth i've tried not to be too critical of him in the past as I do admire his hard running.
but he really needs to cut crap like this out of his game, definitely deserves a long rest to sort this out.

Charlie124

First Grade
As much as i cant stand Matai, the hit really didnt look like it deserved more than a couple of weeks at the most. It was weak as piss, late, stupid and high, but weak. The judicary have given him 2 weeks for the hit, 2 weeks for being Steve Matai and 3 more weeks to get his ongoing shoulder problems taken care of.

While they're at it they should suspend Josh Dugan for 7 weeks to get that persistant "injury" of his looked at too. It seems like every time the camera is on him he's wincing in pain and limping, only to recover as soon as the Raiders need him to do something.

Kilkenny

Coach
Steve Matai deserves every single week of the seven weeks suspension. Should have been more in my opinion. He redifined the term ' late tackle ' for his effort on Ennis. He is one of the true grubs of the NRL. He is sickening to watch each and every week with his going down with 'injury'. I cannot stand the bloke and I am reasonably tolerant regardless of which club the player plays for. He is the one player you truly wish would just sign with a club in the ESL and rid him from our game because he is a 'grub' of the highest calibre and a blight on our game.

effnic

Bench
Im actually sick of defending this guy, hes gotta get his act together. Sick of all the penalties he gives away and for some reason the refs let him get away with him talking back to them. He is one of our best players he has alot of skill but the bad out weighs the good.

Kilkenny

Coach
Im actually sick of defending this guy, hes gotta get his act together. Sick of all the penalties he gives away and for some reason the refs let him get away with him talking back to them. He is one of our best players he has alot of skill but the bad out weighs the good.

Sadly, Steve Matai is a grub. Nothing more nothing less. He is a blight on the game and the sooner he is off the ESL the better of the NRL will be.

Latest posts