What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

King-Gutho94

Coach

Tago around for two years,
@hindy111 nailed that re-signing a little while back.

2 years hopefully he can build and improve his game i think he is a centre more then a winger so its hard to judge atm not playing in his preferred position. Our defence atm is a shambles and Blaize isn't helping defending inside him making some horrible reads.

He is a better backup option then Morgan Harper moving forward i feel with more upside at least carting the ball out of his own end.

Pazza

First Grade
@hindy111 nailed that re-signing a little while back.

2 years hopefully he can build and improve his game i think he is a centre more then a winger so its hard to judge atm not playing in his preferred position. Our defence atm is a shambles and Blaize isn't helping defending inside him making some horrible reads.

He is a better backup option then Morgan Harper moving forward i feel with more upside at least carting the ball out of his own end.

A zac cini replacement.

We do have to do a fair bit of re signing, upgrading and recruiting for those back of the 30 spots

Pazza

First Grade
We do have a group of young promising forwards, Guymer, Parker, Brazel, Pryke, Tuivaiti, Mataele, Latu. Plus the older ones, Keir who is pretty good defensively and Moretti who needs to get fitter.

is it possible Ryles isnt planning to really recruit any replacements but going to promote from within?

off course most of those players won't have much of a career but we only need 2-3 players to kick on, and we have suddenly changed our pack from old to fairly young. And we still have a bit of experience here to help these rookies.

And with that we free up cap space and balance of the squad (not spending so much on forwards)

I imagine most of those flegg eligible forwards would be playing cup next year. Surely 2 or so make FG in 2026.

Pazza

First Grade
It only took Guymer 12 months to go from SG ball to NRL. Promising juniors can develop pretty quickly after an NRL preseason...

i think we are going to see a lot more youth in the team than we did under BA

as quoted by McElduff when Ryles was announced as head coach.

"Jason's proven track record in winning environments, combined with his passion for developing young talent perfectly aligns with the direction we are taking our club." - Sean McElduff

Also bringing back Nathan Brown who has a strong connection with eels pathways i dont think is a coincidence.

JokerEel

Coach
One of my guys here went to a charity event with Paulo and Joffa. They said they couldn’t wait for this season to end and are very excited with what Ryles is doing for next season. They are very impressed thus far.

Could be happy with Barlow Joffa starting front row next year..

Barlow
Hands
Joffa
Guymer
Kelma
Hopgood

The Colonel

Immortal
Definitely a story there. He certainly deserved a run b4 Tago and Lorenzo.
Did he though? Never proved himself as a winger - seems more comfortable at fullback than anywhere and isn't going to unseat anyone in that position at the NRL level. It seemed like a desperate signing off the back of Covid more than anything and he has stuck it out...

Latest posts