What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long will Matai get???

I reckon between 6 and 10 weeks.

Just another dog of an act from the Brave Warrior of a man that is Steve Matai!!!!

Bench
Matai is a dog,this is not his first cheap shot,I hope he gets 10 or 12 weeks.

gronkathon

First Grade
He will get a reckless grade 2 at the worst IMO. The NRL have always had a Brent Kite level of softness towards Matai

meltiger

First Grade
What sort of carry over if any does he have?

Made for Origin returned to the field so that will def go in his favour.

Was exceptionally late though.

seanoff

Juniors
there must be a Dally M for smacking Ennis. He'd be the most popular bloke in the NRL atm.

he'll get 3 or 4 form the judiciary but none if it was a players imposed ban.

I don't know but no doubt the NRL will go way beyond its jurisdiction and ban him from the Four Nations series. And then next year when Manly claim four games off his suspension they'll say, no, he has to serve them all in the NRL.

Perth Red

Post Whore
He's a kiwi, he'll be gone for however long the 4nations last!

ps how he wasn't sent off after last week is beyond me???

Paullyboy

Coach
I hate Ennis, and am convinced he was milking that anyway.

BUT, can we seriously just ban Matai for life? He clearly hasn't got the ability to play the game in a fair manner, he's proven time and time again he is nothing but a cheap short merchant who brings nothing to the game (other than laughter when he get's injured at least once every single game).

Pierced Soul

First Grade
i'll be surprised if he got more than a week or two. it was a dog act, intentionally late and high and was going to do nothing other than injure ennis, however the MRC is as soft as soward and if they couldnt give glenn stewart more than 4 weeks for a deliberate elbow to the head, even with priors i cant see the MRC having the balls to hammer matai like they should.

"we couldn't tell where the point of contact was" FMD :crazy:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Whenever i watch manly I half expect to hear Rabbits going on about the latest betting odds on when Matai will go down clutching his arm/shoulder/neck! Surprised the bookies haven't opened a tab on it yet :)

j0nesy

Bench
Matai is a cat of a player. Deserves 3 or 4 weeks I think, but will probably get 2. I have a bad feeling beau Scott will cop a week because of that dive from sandow, and the fact that the nrl will not be game to ban matai and not Scott.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
He's a kiwi, he'll be gone for however long the 4nations last!

ps how he wasn't sent off after last week is beyond me???

I'm a Kiwi and I hope he is rubbed out for the 4 Nations. He cost us the Anzac Test with his ridiculous late hit on Slater.

I used to be a fan, but now I'm sick of him. Honestly, what goes on inside his head?

Doomednow

Bench
I'm a Kiwi and I hope he is rubbed out for the 4 Nations. He cost us the Anzac Test with his ridiculous late hit on Slater.

I used to be a fan, but now I'm sick of him. Honestly, what goes on inside his head?

This:

"HEY EVERYONE! I'M HEAPS TOUGH! LOOK HOW TOUGH I AM!"

Latest posts