What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Many Lumbering QLD players are there??

Apey

Staff member
Rub some salve on the butthurt son.

Or they could be you. The most butthurt of all.

Coon2Hindsight10.png

Big Pete

Referee
Big Pete, your posts used to be nearly unreadable!

nearly?

I'm responsible for these posts yet even I'm struggling to comprehend their meaning.

Big Pete said:
It just shows when teams are dominating his team he plays just like Lockyer did tonight, extremely quiet.

Translation: waaaah Queensland didn't win. :lol:

Howwy

Juniors
<< were you running around claiming that the maroons of '05 were about to embark on a dynasty the following year? >>

Funny you mention that.

At that time I used to tune in to the 4BC sporting talkback afternoon segment, and the one thing that I clearly recall was one of the regulars, a certain "Cherie", seriously claiming exactly this. Whether this was after the ashes of Game 3 '05 or in the leadup to Game 2 '06 I'm no longer certain but I do remember that.

Even though I'm a QLDer, I thought she had to be

a) drunk,
b) insane,
c) deranged,
d) most likely some combination of all of the above.

Yet here we are, the best part of 10 years on with 8 series wins up and apparently looking good for nine ...

As Maxwell Smart might have put it - "I've heard of woman's intuition, but that's ridiculous".

<< were you running around claiming that the maroons of '05 were about to embark on a dynasty the following year? >>

Funny you mention that.

At that time I used to tune in to the 4BC sporting talkback afternoon segment, and the one thing that I clearly recall was one of the regulars, a certain "Cherie", seriously claiming exactly this. Whether this was after the ashes of Game 3 '05 or in the leadup to Game 2 '06 I'm no longer certain but I do remember that.

Even though I'm a QLDer, I thought she had to be

a) drunk,
b) insane,
c) deranged,
d) most likely some combination of all of the above.

Yet here we are, the best part of 10 years on with 8 series wins up and apparently looking good for nine ...

As Maxwell Smart might have put it - "I've heard of woman's intuition, but that's ridiculous".

Not only Cherie but also Mal Meninga. He stated that he wanted ten straight Series victories. He hasn't got it, yet. What has unfolded up until now has been an epochal chapter in State Of Origin history. Even should the unlikely happen and Qld lose the Series with 2 home games.

Given that QLD under Mal have a better record at ANZ than the Blues have(Qld did win last year's decider there after all), I wouldn't put it past the Maroons to post another hat-trick.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
That sounds like a lucky wild guess more than anything.

However, and at the risk of blowing my own trumpet, I staunchly refused to succumb to the doomsayers after game one 06. Members of my own family were saying things were going to be ugly for Qld in the second game in Brisbane. But I flat out dismissed that.

I knew we were a better team overall, and believed in what Meninga was trying to do. But even I didn't expect the rout we were to see in that game.

Howwy

Juniors
<< That sounds like a lucky wild guess more than anything. >>

Well maybe but - I can still recall it - she said it with in a dead-flat calmly serious way in a real-time public forum, with not the slightest hint of flippancy ...

<< However, and at the risk of blowing my own trumpet, >>

Hey, if you don't who will ? ;-)

<< But even I didn't expect the rout we were to see in that game. >>

You'll likely recall the three week leadup into that game was pretty much crammed with some quite solid bagging in the media - maybe that had some (small) part in QLD's unusual focus and determination that night.

That sounds like a lucky wild guess more than anything.

However, and at the risk of blowing my own trumpet, I staunchly refused to succumb to the doomsayers after game one 06. Members of my own family were saying things were going to be ugly for Qld in the second game in Brisbane. But I flat out dismissed that.

I knew we were a better team overall, and believed in what Meninga was trying to do. But even I didn't expect the rout we were to see in that game.

As time has shown, they were a better team than they illustrated in Game 1 2006.

What I find amazing is just how many players from that initial team have participated through the entire consecutive rout of the Blues.

<< That sounds like a lucky wild guess more than anything. >>

Well maybe but - I can still recall it - she said it with in a dead-flat calmly serious way in a real-time public forum, with not the slightest hint of flippancy ...

<< However, and at the risk of blowing my own trumpet, >>

Hey, if you don't who will ? ;-)

<< But even I didn't expect the rout we were to see in that game. >>

You'll likely recall the three week leadup into that game was pretty much crammed with some quite solid bagging in the media - maybe that had some (small) part in QLD's unusual focus and determination that night.

Hi Ralph.

Latest posts