What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many Melb Cup winners have you tipped?

MSIH

Bench
I'm sh*t.

Jezabeel and Ethereal.

Thought the Diva for the 2nd and 3rd, but I never put money on the fave at the time I place my bet.

Dazzelx01

Juniors
I've backed Might and Power, Media Puzzle and Efficient. Efficient had fantastic odds, sucks he's just been scratched for this years race.

Sticking to my guns and never tipping the Diva hurt.

Foz

Bench
First winner I ever backed was in the Melbourne Cup.
I had a dollar on Rain Lover.
4 units for a win.
(units used to be 25 cents).
I was 6 and my pop put the bet on for me.
Didnt get my money until the following Saturday I think.
On a good day it took about an hour to get your dividend if you were lucky.

Backed Hyperno,Juene,Efficient,Might and Power,Doreimus,Saintly.
Got a couple of trifectas though.
For the last 10 years I always have a bet of the field into a horse in the second leg of the Double on Cup day.
One year I had the field with a horse called Fields of Omagh.(think it was Ethereals year).He turned out to be ok.

Last edited:

miccle

Bench
Not many. Tipped Jeune back in the day, but I was a little tacker still at primary school then, so that was more good luck than good management. Kudos to my dad to putting $3 on the nose for me though! :lol:

In recent years, I got Makybe Diva's first (fixed odds of $16s too, w00t!) and then Delta Blues. But yeah, that's pretty much it since I turned 18 (though two in six years ain't so bad!).

It'll be my shout if C'est La Guerre salutes next week though, I'll say that much!

Last edited:
Wow 25cents each way. I remember when you could have bets like that. Goodness I feel so old.

1980 I was in school and backed Belldale Ball then had to wait till 1988 to be on another winner, Empire Rose. Was at the track in 87 when Rosie finished 2nd to Kensei. Backed her that year as well.

Backed Saintly and Might and Power, but really don't have a good record in the big one.

This year I have Mad Rush, Honolulu and Varees at fixed odds. Good luck with whatever you back.

Matt23

Staff member
Doreimus
Might & Power
Maykybe Diva
Media Puzzle
Jezabeel... and my first
Subzero
It's a tricky race to tip

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I've had a fair bit of luck on the cup over the years

Black Knight
Kensai
Empire Rose
Lets Elope
Saintly
Might and Power
Jezabeel
The Diva in her first 2 wins

But my all time best day was last year, had a fair bit on Efficient
had the trifecta for a whole and also had a bit on the Qunella. Awesome day :cool:

One so far, the Divas third win.
Other than that, stupidly every time I've gone they've come somewhere between 4th and 7th.

IanG

Coach
I think my luck on the cup ran out after I put $20 on the straight out back in 2005 on Makybe Diva and won.

Latest posts