What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many members ?

Skitz68

Juniors
Just like to know how the membership drive going and what sort of no#s we're looking for ?

Borat.

Juniors
Just like to know how the membership drive going and what sort of no#s we're looking for ?

current 3452 members

goal 10,000

We are 65% ahead of last years figures at the same time

Last year at March 9 we had a 4935 members- so we should smash that

Skitz68

Juniors
Great stuff lets hope we do smash that figure and then some .
Membership = Well worth doing

gronkathon

First Grade
I believe we are only advertising our ticketed members. That is what our tally last year was based on

RAB-161

Juniors
Souths have just passed 10,000 members. 6,380 ticketed. I hope that all Sydney clubs take up the challenge to compete against each other. The competition between Souths amd St.George Illawarra to reach 10,000 ticketed first last year helped both clubs to reach their targets.

boonboon

Juniors
I think they could definatly do more to sell memberships, I mean if you want one you can get one but they could do so much more, for a beginning though a pay by the month/ fortnight package on the website not just a sign saying it will be their in October when it is November. The pinnacle membership for example is 990 which seems like lots but if they sold it as $20/ week then it seems like nothing - When will the NRL learn from business

Borat.

Juniors
I think they could definatly do more to sell memberships, I mean if you want one you can get one but they could do so much more, for a beginning though a pay by the month/ fortnight package on the website not just a sign saying it will be their in October when it is November. The pinnacle membership for example is 990 which seems like lots but if they sold it as $20/ week then it seems like nothing - When will the NRL learn from business

I think they are doing pretty well - they have a stack of options and they do break it down the month...

They have players calling up members to renew..... I think the rest is up to the fans....just have to support your club

westie

Bench
We're certainly getting better... and it is a learning process. But clubs like Souths and Canterbury have shown the way. It's a long road, but realistically we should be aiming for 30k at a very minimum (yes we'd need a stadium not built in 1930).

Only 3 thousand people claiming they are fans of the club? Even in our darkest of dark days... more people turned up to be embarrassed than those who claim to be fans of the club now. Put like that, it actually seems a pretty poor number.

We've gotta instigate a culture change. Even at the worst of times, there seemed to be 5k who would turn up every week. At the best, we had 80k, with countless others locked out of the GF. These people should all be locked in.

Can we do it?

Vic Mackey

Referee
Souffs do it better then anyone, just go to one of their home games to see how a club should be run

I hate them as much as anyone but they are that far ahead of us in this regard it isn't funny

moltznmarshall

Juniors
i was there in the 'dark days' including on the hill at that Brisbane shocker at Leichhardt and for the Danny Williams Show but I can't really justify getting a membership. It's not that I don't want to or can't, it's just that I can't tell in advanced if i'd be able to get to all the games. I still try to get to as many as I can though. Now the club has brought in this non-ticketed membership package for people like me, but $60 for a Chinese made cap and a bit of an ask! I guess id rather spend the $60 on a good seat for a blockbuster game, that has a greater profit margin for the club than a $60 membership and i'd be happy to part with $60 for something like that.

Anyway, i'll probably end up getting the $60 membership regardless, but I can see why people would have second thoughts.

N.C.

Juniors
i was there in the 'dark days' including on the hill at that Brisbane shocker at Leichhardt and for the Danny Williams Show but I can't really justify getting a membership. It's not that I don't want to or can't, it's just that I can't tell in advanced if i'd be able to get to all the games. I still try to get to as many as I can though. Now the club has brought in this non-ticketed membership package for people like me, but $60 for a Chinese made cap and a bit of an ask! I guess id rather spend the $60 on a good seat for a blockbuster game, that has a greater profit margin for the club than a $60 membership and i'd be happy to part with $60 for something like that.

Anyway, i'll probably end up getting the $60 membership regardless, but I can see why people would have second thoughts.
aw - c'mon mate, you get an awesome keyring and a sticker too!

TiggaPlease

I just get the bronze 12 game membership, I try make it to as many games as I can and because it's GA it feels much more flexible as i can take as few or as many people with me as I want and don't have to worry about not being able to sit together.

The merch you get in the pack is a load of crap though. The highlight last year was the christmas card signed by Arana Taumata.

westie

Bench
3-4 I think.

I guess we're pulling a Dragons and counting the 3 game packages as fully ticketed members?