What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many people have foxtel just for the league?

Green Machine

First Grade
I got Foxtel for one reason and that is to watch Rugby League. I used to watch Super League on Foxsports but now find it too difficult on Channel 9. I’m not a big Commercial TV watcher. I don’t watch a lot of the other stuff on Foxtel. I do watch most of our cricket tours from overseas. I watch the occasional NFL game through the summer. I only have the basic package and if Rugby League wasn’t on Foxtel, it would be gone tomorrow,

Eelectrica

Referee
Will be ditching it once the league season ends.
Don't know that I'll even bother putting it back on for next season.

Jason Maher

Immortal
It was my wife's decision to get it. Ended up with the full package because I insisted on the sport package if we were going to bother at all, she wanted the movies package, and we wanted the kids package for our daughetr, which pretty much adds up to the price of the full package anyway. NRL and EPL are the two main reasons I watch it, but I also watch Discovery (Mythbusters mainly), BBC Knowledge (Top Gear), the other doco channels, occasionally a movie, and I am a bit of a crime show buff (Numb3rs, NCIS, Criminal Minds, Bones), so TV1 gets some regular viewing as well. I only watch FTA for the footy, cricket, and motor racing, as well as Lost. If the NRL went fully FTA I'd want to keep Foxtel for the EPL, even if my wife didn't want it for other reasons (which she does).

beave

Coach
I upgraded my standard Austar box to the HD version................ probably not really worth it TBH but when games are broadcasted in HD, it does look good. You have to remember that up here, WIN doesn't show the NRL in HD on their HD channel, so it's something a bit exciting for us northern folk to see it in 1080p..................

chrisD

Coach
NRL and Cricket is the primary reason. I got the sports package put on but they f**ked up and gave me all the channels and I haven't had to pay for anything but installation. I'm a cheating merkin. When they work it out I'm going to just suck it up and keep the full package, everything has its use.

Last edited:

fred92

Juniors
Got Fox in the lounge also my bedroom, had itwhen it first came out at the beginning of Bondi transmission about 8 years ago It cost then about $60 bucks per month'and no commercials, today it's about $130 with commercials. i originally subscribed for Rugby League content.

McLovin

Staff member
Had fox a long while back...Mainly used it for the footy and long distance channel surfing...

parano1a

Juniors
People get Foxtel for many reasons although NRL is definitely one of the main drawcards.

The major reasons I think people get Foxtel would be:
- Live and exclusive NRL games
- Live and exclusive AFL games
- The only place to watch A League and Super 14
- Live horse, harness and greyhound racing
- English Premier League
- Simpsons Saturday Morning Marathons
- Movie channels and movies on demand

FTA is getting better for general entertainment with the extra digital channels so that is less of a reason to get pay now - live sport would have to be the number one drawcard.

VictoryFC

Bench
NRL and AFL are the primary reasons why pay-tv in this country works. It is more or less the ONLY exclusive content they have which can attract large numbers, subscriptions and renewals. Without it, Foxtel is done.

Stormsally

Juniors
Without Foxtel I wouldn't be able to watch any Rugby League (before midnight).

Without Rugby league there would be no Foxtel in my house (think about all the extra gear I could get with the money I'm forking out - could even go to a few away games)

Latest posts