What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many people have foxtel just for the league?

PARANoIR

Bench
Sport in general for me, but yes, the league is a big factor as to why I continue to pay for subscription.

Garts

Bench
I only got it put on for league but would probably still keep it now if all league went to FTA stations.

eagles4eva

First Grade
I connected just for NRL, I couldn’t disconnect now as the wife loves those crapy home improvement shows.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Only got it for the league. I watch other stuff, but if there was no league I'd be gone. Hell, if there was a way to get rid of the basic package and just keep sport I'd do that too.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Living way out West it is the only option for a RL fan. I pay $110 for the full package but really only have it due to NRL coverage. Was gutted when they lost ESL.

If 200000 (conservative I reckon) people pay $60 a month just for the league..that is $144 million a year just from league lovers.

Unfortunately Foxtel doesn't offer an NRL-only susbcription, that would be the only way to know the numbers. I reckon those numbers would be very good, maybe they should do it. Of course they wouldn't charge 60 bucks for an NRL-only package. Maybe 20 at the most.

And even Pay-TV is not just about subscription fees, they too have ads, though I have no idea how the two revenue streams relate in size.

Perth Red

Post Whore
They earn alot more than $144mill a year from NRL fans imo.

Do they do viewing figures for Fox sports by state? I would imagine most NRL games being viewed in Vic for example are primarily subscribers for RL.

MC DUI

Juniors
I have it for league only really, during offseason I use it to watch NFL but that's it. Otherwise I would get rid of it in a flash.

So good being able to watch my team every week even if they're away and not on free to air.

natheel

Coach
leagues on it? i got it for disney channel :| lol but seriously id still have it for mtv/v comedy and movies

MsStorm

Bench
Yeah with me, I only connected to watch rugby league and the foxsports station, the rest is pretty much rubbish.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Unfortunately Foxtel doesn't offer an NRL-only susbcription, that would be the only way to know the numbers. I reckon those numbers would be very good, maybe they should do it. Of course they wouldn't charge 60 bucks for an NRL-only package. Maybe 20 at the most.

And even Pay-TV is not just about subscription fees, they too have ads, though I have no idea how the two revenue streams relate in size.

They'd never do it. Why set up an NRL only package for $20 when they can charge people $60 now by forcing them to buy the getting started crap?

They'd never do it. Why set up an NRL only package for $20 when they can charge people $60 now by forcing them to buy the getting started crap?
They won't do it unless people start asking for this option. Or they are challenged in court.

It's a bit like going to the supermarket to get some bread and being told you must buy cheese too. Or at least pay the price of both. Hardly fair business practice.

Foxtel should at the very least offer a sports only package, or even better should offer its sports in packages too. 2010 rugby league. 2010 cricket. etc.

taipan

Referee
No league ,no Foxtel on Optus.Simple as that.And I bet my b*lls News Ltd knows it.

jack coburn

Juniors
I initially had optus,refused to have anything to do with murdoch/telstra,but since moving out of syd i only get Austar.the 2 main things are League and sky racing.I have often wondered if push came to shove how many people would disconnect their pay tv if it meant proving how valuable league was to the providers.I for one can say if they ever shaft league mine is gone.

Mong

Post Whore
FTA television is a complete disgrace. If league wasn't on Fox i would not get rid of it and subject myself to that other rubbish.

Besides, there is heaps of other sport, music channels, kids channels, doco's etc etc to keep us interested.

Latest posts