What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many rounds into the season before Wallace

Big Pete

Referee
If he plays poorly I'd say 5.

But to be fair, last season Wallace basically played injured the entire time.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Hope he is ok and players a lot better than last season, but Hunt will be pressing hard in the trials and his form to the end of last season was very good it will be interesting to see how they both play in the trials both now knowing hey need to impress.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
haha it does appear that way.

So I assume then that Justin is not in the "hunt"? It's hard to guess the bolters, e.g. Gillette from last year.

Dazzat

First Grade
It's been said before but I'll repeat it ...

At the end of last year's season Bruno Cullen said that Peter Wallace could have been totally justified not playing at all in 2010 due to a shoulder injury.

But he played anyway.

Injury free Peter Wallace will be the first choice halfback ... no brainer. Injury free he earned a NSW spot. Class player. Brisbane is fortunate to have Wallace and a player of such potential as Ben Hunt.

screeder

Juniors
Injury free Peter Wallace will be the first choice halfback ... no brainer. Injury free he earned a NSW spot. Class player. Brisbane is fortunate to have Wallace and a player of such potential as Ben Hunt.

Agree 100%.

Well put

beads6

First Grade
Depends on Wallace and his form and how Hunt is playing in QLD cup. I think it would do a world of good to Hunt to play lots of games inside Lockyer before he retires.

applesauce

Bench
If he can replicate his 2009 finals form before breaking his ankle against the Dragons we will be fine.

andrew057

First Grade
It's been said before but I'll repeat it ...

At the end of last year's season Bruno Cullen said that Peter Wallace could have been totally justified not playing at all in 2010 due to a shoulder injury.

But he played anyway.

Yeah good for him playing injured, it showed.

Last season wouldve been great to groom Hunt instead of putting Wallace out there at underdone.

Hopefulyl for the Broncos sake, Wallace gets back to his best and creates some good competition for positions in the halves.

andrew057

First Grade
Hunt was very impressive towards the end of the season for the Broncos and was much better then Queensland Cup imo, not to mention he played quite well a hooker during the season.

Last edited:

Crushermaul

Juniors
no chance...Hunt has a better shot at McCullough's hooking role. We desperately need Wallace and McCullough to stand up hopefully injury free this year if so we can definitely make the top 4 that's as far as i'll go.:crazy:

hellteam

First Grade
Hunt was struggling in the Q Cup at the start of last year..to be honest what he needs is an extended run playing at halfback in the Q Cup. I just don't think 10-20 min stints off the bench in first grade is helping him at all in the long run. he needs to learn how to guide a team for 80 min, sure he did it in 20s but that is a far lower standard than Q Cup.

Packy

Bench
Someone has ruined Hunt. He would defintely be one of those players who could come back to bite you if release him.

beads6

First Grade
Hunt was struggling in the Q Cup at the start of last year..to be honest what he needs is an extended run playing at halfback in the Q Cup. I just don't think 10-20 min stints off the bench in first grade is helping him at all in the long run. he needs to learn how to guide a team for 80 min, sure he did it in 20s but that is a far lower standard than Q Cup.

all true but he was going quite well at the end of last season in first grade. He will start in QLD cup and if he is firing we need to get him in the team.