What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many tours?

I still think my best finals experience was being at the Cricket Ground for our first ever semi finals appearance, when we beat St George 16 - 0. We were onsong in every respect. I remember us getting a penalty just over half way early in the game and Tommy Bishop called on players to scrape up some dirt to give Sludge so that he could make a high mound to give himself a better chance of kicking the goal. He kicked it and we were up 4 or 6-0 at that stage on penalty goals. The tries came later.

Feeling good about tomorrow.

carcharias

Immortal
I went to that 40 -20 hammering of the dragons with 2 mates who are dragons fans.
I got blind.
Then met up with my new girlfriend and her friends ( for the first time ) in town at the spanish 1/4.
I was a stumbling mess.
She had to take me home.

she was very pissed at me.
...meh

she married me in the end.

Card Shark

Immortal
Then met up with my new girlfriend and her friends ( for the first time ) in town at the spanish 1/4.
I was a stumbling mess.
She had to take me home.

she was very pissed at me.
...meh

she married me in the end.

Should've had a few more??

Card Shark

Immortal
Sharks Finals campaigns

1999 - Lost v St.George-Illawarra 8-24
2001 - Lost v Newcastle 10-18
2008 - Lost v Melbourne 0-28.

Think I might stay home too after looking at that.

I'm sure I've see the Sharks win a semi but I can't recollect when, going off Mad's list.

Tomorrow The Hoodoo Shall Be Broken!!.

Edit: I'm sure I went & watch us beat the Dogs. Must've been 2001.

Last edited:

The Popper

Bench
In 1963 we (Sutherland-Cronulla) played in the 2nd. Division Grand Final against Kingsford but lost 9-7. Wentworthville won in 64 & 65 and Penrith in 1966. We did finish 2nd. on the ladder in 1966.

snoozer

Bench
Sharks Finals campaigns

Lost v Balmain 2-9

Won v Brisbane 22-16

went with 5 tigers mates to 89 - trip home was fantastic. near the sideline and got on tv. still scars me.

96 was much better - screamed myself to a standstill by halftime - actually got a headache from yelling!

thought we had enough in 96(99 too) to take it out, 89 was always going to be a tough one but we had a great side.

Special K

Coach
Finals games I've attended

2002 vs Roosters - lost
2002 vs Dragons - won
2002 vs Warriors - lost
2008 vs Storm - lost
2013 vs Cowboys - unknown

Last edited:

fizzgig

Juniors
I went to:

2002 - Lost v Warriors 10-16
2012 - Lost v Canberra 16-34

I live about 10 minutes from Bruce Stadium. Last year, after the game, I walked in the front door around 7pm, past the kids mumbling 'G'night' and went and slept for 13 hours. I was just numb...

I'm really scared about going to the game tomorrow with this record but I'm going with a Cowboys supporter who is one of my best mates. Thought it was a good idea at the time.

The drive with him back to Canberra two weeks ago was hard but I think sitting through the Roosters-Manly game after one of us is out of the finals will be soooo much harder for one of us...

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
1985 v Bulldogs
Went with my father, was devastated.

1989 v Broncos
Best game EVER. Opened a can of whoop arse.

1999 v Dragons
Am reminded of this everytime I visit little miss angry, we did the face paint in sharks colour, she has a photo in her dining room of us.

2008 v Melbourne
Lift by millers, drinks by reefy, during the game it was like listening to the two old guys in the balcony from the muppets.

All fond memories.

Last edited:

Tucky

Juniors
1988 Loss to the Doggies at the SFS. 1st Sharks match I had seen live.
1995 Loss to Manly at the SFS. From what I remember on that day, we were going great until the 2nd half and Solomon Homono tore us a new one.

Dread

Juniors
1999 win over the Broncos.
2001 win over the Broncos.
2001 win over the Bulldogs - great game.
2001 loss to Newcastle.
2002 loss to Newcastle.
2002 win over the Dragons.
2002 loss to the Warriors.
2008 win over Canberra.
2008 loss to Melbourne.
2012 loss to Canberra.
2013 ? against Cowboys.

Stinkler

Juniors
My Finals Record:

1997 - Won v Canberra 22-18, Won v Canberra 10-4,
1999 - Won v Brisbane 42-20, Lost v St.George-Illawarra 8-24
2001 - Won v Canterbury 52-10, Lost v Newcastle 10-18
2002 - Won v St.George-Illawarra 40-24, Lost v Warriors 10-16
2005 - Lost v St.George-Illawarra 22-28
2008 - Won v Canberra 36-10, Lost v Melbourne 0-28

Since 73

First Grade
85 v Bulldogs - depression setting in as Sharks getting absolutely pasted.
Craig Dimond on his knees on the halfway line throwing up his breakfast after the first tackle and Gav waging a one man war against Kelly Tunks Langmack and Folkes.
Never a tougher man played the game.

80 or 81 v Manly - fugging Eagles. Kneen put Sludge away for a 60 mtre break running towards our end. As they collared him on the line he throws a Benji flick behind his back to Greg Cox to score.
We come out after the break with only 12 - pre interchange - and play without the captain for 5 minutes. A roar as Pierce finally runs down the tunnel just as the Eagles score. Game over.. 14 - 12 from (a bad) memory.

Weaponhead

Coach
My 8 year old this morning says "dad I am really nervous about this game so stop talking about it". He has only got into the footy in the last couple of years and this is his first finals series. We are at a wedding today so he will be distracted.

Best finals memory - 99 GF. Went with a couple of Dragons supporting mates. Priceless. Revenge was sweet.

PHaTMaN

Juniors
I have never seen the sharks win a finals game live. Surely the laws of probability suggest today is the day? I have not been to many, 2002 vs warriors and 2008 vs storm.