What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for Cameron Smith?

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
if you are to go by the letter of the law he should miss a week, his actions were careless personified, however I don't think he'll cop a suspension at all.

Origin time, protected species etc etc. Can you imagine the howls of protest if he was rubbed out for a week, it would be hilarious.

The bawling about "protected species" etc has already started. And you're right - it is hilarious.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
head contact is out of bounds and this was reckless, even if not intentional

has to be worth a couple of weeks

DiegoNT

First Grade
It's either going to be

Queenslanders are a protected species
Or
It's a NSWRL conspiracy

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
Luke's face for the rest of the game and the handshakes after was remarkably unmarked :sarcasm:
The incident, as graphically described by most of you and as seen on TV was actually a non-event & even though Luke milked for what it was worth he played on un-bruised, un-cut and un-traumatised. Unlike so many on here

POPEYE

Coach
Luke's face for the rest of the game and the handshakes after was remarkably unmarked :sarcasm:
The incident, as graphically described by most of you and as seen on TV was actually a non-event & even though Luke milked for what it was worth he played on un-bruised, un-cut and un-traumatised. Unlike so many on here

No place for that here ol' mate

DiegoNT

First Grade

How many of the players who went off for concussion tests yesterday had cut up or bruised faces? Its about protecting guys heads from foul play.
I don't think smith will get any suspension out of this, but I don't think it was an accident either.

Snappy

Coach
i

Origin time, protected species etc etc. Can you imagine the howls of protest if he was rubbed out for a week, it would be hilarious.

JT didn't get a week for deliberately kicking wolfman in the head, why would this scenario be treated any differently.

He'll be fine, the MRC wouldn't dare call his actions into question.

tinfoil_hat.jpg

POPEYE

Coach
How many of the players who went off for concussion tests yesterday had cut up or bruised faces? Its about protecting guys heads from foul play.
I don't think smith will get any suspension out of this, but I don't think it was an accident either.

Neither was James Graham using his head as an accelerant on Guerra's head's progress to planet earth, Aidan didn't lay down but was lucky to stay on . . . all in the eye of the beholder

Meth

Staff member
It doesn't matter

He kicked him in the face

Twice

It totally matters. There is a very large difference between a bloke copping a couple of accidental incidental kicks to the head and a bloke copping a couple of intentional kicks to the head.

The former- 0 weeks.

chigurh

It should be grade 1 dangerous contact, which equals ZERO weeks thanks to his squeaky clean record.

BranVan3000

Coach
It totally matters. There is a very large difference between a bloke copping a couple of accidental incidental kicks to the head and a bloke copping a couple of intentional kicks to the head.

The former- 0 weeks.

I would argue the contact with the head was accidental but the actual act of kicking was not at all. Especially after it was continued on 2-3 times more

At best reckless, at worst intentional

Latest posts