What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for Cameron Smith?

Meth

Staff member
I would argue the contact with the head was accidental but the actual act of kicking was not at all. Especially after it was continued on 2-3 times more

At best reckless, at worst intentional

I'm happy enough with that assessment

Blues Riff

Bench
I would be filthy if any of my players copped a suspension over something like that.
One of our players was. Wallace copped a suspension for a similar incident (one kick). Penrith fans were filthy. Smith probably doesn't deserve any time off either, even though his was much worse.

chigurh

One of our players was. Wallace copped a suspension for a similar incident (one kick). Penrith fans were filthy. Smith probably doesn't deserve any time off either, even though his was much worse.

Wallace was charged with dangerous contact which meant 91 points, so unless he fought it and was found guilty he escaped suspension.

I imagine it will be the same story with Cam Smith.

macnaz

Staff member
Its not what you know, it's what you can prove.

Not hard to prove at all really. He was deliberately kicking his legs knowing full well there was a player there , and his action had every chance of hitting someone ! Anyone kicking out it that crazy fashion would be aware of the possible consequences. Therefore he is guilty of a dangerous act.

macnaz

Staff member
Its like throwing a beer glass across a crowded bar and claiming you didnt mean to hit anyone ..it was an accident .

OVP

Coach
Not his go ...

p.s. $1000 says he wont get suspended ... Qld would whinge for years.

Canard

Immortal
Its like throwing a beer glass across a crowded bar and claiming you didnt mean to hit anyone ..it was an accident .

It would be like standing in the spot that people have thrown bottles at for 100 years, getting hit and then saying "It's your fault"

Jason Maher

Immortal
How about every member of the New South Wales team gets a free kick at Smith's bollocks?

Last edited:

Latest posts