What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for Cameron Smith?

He kicked him in the face multiple times and deserves a multi week suspension. But he won't be suspended because as we all know, he's a protected species.

DiegoNT

First Grade
He'll be cleared of any charges, and the next time he pulls one of these suspect grubby plays they'll point to his clean record and say 'it's not his go'.

I'd be perfectly happy for him to be charged with one week, but get off with an early plea, so that next time he pulls one of these tactics, he already has judiciary points on his record and cops a suspension

Last edited:

Canard

Immortal
He'll be cleared of any charges, and the next time he pulls one of these suspect grubby plays they'll point to his clean record and say 'it's not his go'.

You know he received a contrary conduct charge of which the carry over points only expired last week?

Or does that not suit your whinge?

Lambretta

First Grade
Hey bro, cool boots. Can I have a look
Sure..... here you go, here they are again.... check em out one last time

Sweet, nice bro

DiegoNT

First Grade
You know he received a contrary conduct charge of which the carry over points only expired last week?

Or does that not suit your whinge?

Nope, its the numerous little grubby acts that he, slater and Thurston always get off on with no case to answer. It's not so much a problem with this one incident, its the fact that these guys are repeat offenders with these tactics and always get off that gets on people's nerves
It's like greg bird and he's 8 week suspension. Their is no way birds tackle deserved 8 weeks, but when you take into account he's always doing these tackles, you think ok fair enough.
Smith, slater and Thurston always pull these little underhand tactics, grapples, head kicks, sly elbows etc and although no one incident deserves a week off, the fact that these guys are repeat offenders should come into it

Canard

Immortal
Nope, its the numerous little grubby acts that he, slater and Thurston always get off on with no case to answer. It's not so much a problem with this one incident, its the fact that these guys are repeat offenders with these tactics and always get off that gets on people's nerves
It's like greg bird and he's 8 week suspension. Their is no way birds tackle deserved 8 weeks, but when you take into account he's always doing these tackles, you think ok fair enough.
Smith, slater and Thurston always pull these little underhand tactics, grapples, head kicks, sly elbows etc and although no one incident deserves a week off, the fact that these guys are repeat offenders should come into it

FYI, for the record I reckon Smith and Slater are grubby shits. But your crying that they never get suspended or cited is laughable.

When's the last time Thurston pulled off a head kick, grapple or elbow? To put him in the class of Bird or Slater just shows how much of a biased arsehole you are.

Lambretta

First Grade
FYI, for the record I reckon Smith and Slater are grubby shits. But your crying that they never get suspended or cited is laughable.

When's the last time Thurston pulled off a head kick, grapple or elbow? To put him in the class of Bird or Slater just shows how much of a biased arsehole you are.

In fairness - Thurston being amazing is considered a grubby act by people from NSW, so to answer your question pretty much every Origin series....

Can we have him suspended on the grounds it's not fair if he plays?

betcats

Referee

Thurston was pretty grubby last origin series but he is not on Slater or Smiths level. He is more like a Paul Gallen...

ek999

First Grade
TBH, Queensland wouldn't be that much disadvantaged anyway if Smith was rubbed out. Friend is probably in better form than Smith and Segeyaro hasn't been that far behind

Valheru

Coach
Meh, I don’t think he or anyone else would deserve a suspension for that incident but the fact is a player like JWH, Gallen etc. would get at least a week if not 2 for that.

It's funny that a rule change brought about by Cameron Smith being a grub and missing a Grand Final is about to save Cameron Smith from missing an Origin after another grubby act.

Anyone who thinks he didn't know what he was doing, is kidding themselves. He may not have known the exact part of Isaac Luke that he was kicking but he sure as shit knew that he was kicking someone.

chigurh

FOX SPORTS NRL ‏@FOXNRLLive 5m5 minutes ago
Cameron Smith charged with Grade 1 Dangerous Contact. With an early plea he will be FREE to play #Origin.

Well there you go - common sense and consistency have prevailed at the judiciary.

Canard

Immortal
Meh, I don?t think he or anyone else would deserve a suspension for that incident but the fact is a player like JWH, Gallen etc. would get at least a week if not 2 for that.

They probably would, but only if you added the carry over points.

If Smith got the same charge the week before last he would have missed at least 1 match also.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Couldn't be more wrong.

And I'm thankful for that
sanity prevails, he gets charged, he doesn't miss an origin but if he pulls that sort of crap again it'll cost him
Fair enough I reckon, if only this had happened all through his career.