What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for JWH?

How many weeks for JWH?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As much as I hate the shoulder charge ban you have to laugh at the NRL logic. JWH was red carded and is likely to be suspended for what was an accidental high shot in which George Rose practically fell into him.

Then you have Billy Slater, with about his 10th out and out shoulder charge this season, who's also kicked somebody in the face, and he's escaped charge for this.

622322-simmons-try.gif

Accidental high tackles = red card and suspension.
Intentional, REPEATED, shoulder charges = no charge and only a caution on the field

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Without having seeing the incident I'd say 7+ weeks. Compounded by the fact he has the most punchable head in the comp.

gunpk

Juniors
I want the shoulder charge back but until they change the rules again that should be penalised every time.

POPEYE

Coach
As much as I hate the shoulder charge ban you have to laugh at the NRL logic. JWH was red carded and is likely to be suspended for what was an accidental high shot in which George Rose practically fell into him.

Then you have Billy Slater, with about his 10th out and out shoulder charge this season, who's also kicked somebody in the face, and he's escaped charge for this.

622322-simmons-try.gif

Accidental high tackles = red card and suspension.
Intentional, REPEATED, shoulder charges = no charge and only a caution on the field

You saw a shoulder charge of the type the rule was implemented to prevent did you . . . dear o f**king dear.

Every bit of contact was made with the upper arm

Last edited:
I missed the Storm Panthers game but was Slater penalised for that?

No, he was given a warning if I remember rightly.

To compound the issue, he's been shoulder charging all year, it's not as if it's a one off thing, he already knocked out that Cowboys player earlier in the year with a shoulder charge.

Earlier in the Panthers game he shoulder charged Segeyaro too!

A JWH, Matai, Pritchard would be spending serious time on the sidelines if they repeatedly ignored the new shoulder charge rule and went about throwing themselves into people every other game like that

You saw a shoulder charge of the type the rule was implemented to prevent did you . . . dear o f**king dear.

Every bit of contact was made with the upper arm

I see a blatant shoulder charge. The rule was implemented to prevent shoulder charges. The shoulder charge is illegal. Doesn't matter if you're tucking and rolling the arm going front on or turning your body and hitting with the outside of your shoulder.

You understand what a shoulder charge is, dense merkin?

ek999

First Grade
No, he was given a warning if I remember rightly.

To compound the issue, he's been shoulder charging all year, it's not as if it's a one off thing, he already knocked out that Cowboys player earlier in the year with a shoulder charge.

Earlier in the Panthers game he shoulder charged Segeyaro too!

A JWH, Matai, Pritchard would be spending serious time on the sidelines if they repeatedly ignored the new shoulder charge rule and went about throwing themselves into people every other game like that

You can't penalise Slater because the try was scored and you couldn't put him on report as there was no contact with the head either. If he had knocked him into touch I have no doubt it would be a penalty try

POPEYE

Coach
You can't penalise Slater because the try was scored and you couldn't put him on report as there was no contact with the head either. If he had knocked him into touch I have no doubt it would be a penalty try

Some of you blokes need to visit a physio, learn the difference between tricep/bicept and shoulder

That's fair enough, but you can pull him up and charge him after the game.

Andrew Everingham is facing a 3 week ban for a lesser challenge that wasn't put on report either.

Forget penalty tries, the point is that there's different rules for different players. JWH is going to be punished for no other reason than he's JWH. Where as Billy Slater is going to go unpunished, for about the 8th time this season, for no other reason than that he's Billy Slater.

Why is Everingham charged and not Slater?

Frank_Grimes

First Grade

Of course Slater could have been penalised. Ever heard of an 8 point try?

Some of you blokes need to visit a physio, learn the difference between tricep/bicept and shoulder

The human anatomy has f**k all to do with it. We're talking about the rules of rugby league. The rules of rugby league state that what Slater did is a shoulder charge, the rules of rugby league also state that the shoulder charge is illegal.

But if you want to be a pedantic merkin I'm fairly certain he made a bit of contact round about his greater tubercle :sarcasm:

POPEYE

Coach
The human anatomy has f**k all to do with it. We're talking about the rules of rugby league. The rules of rugby league state that what Slater did is a shoulder charge, the rules of rugby league also state that the shoulder charge is illegal.

But if you want to be a pedantic merkin I'm fairly certain he made a bit of contact round about his greater tubercle :sarcasm:

No contact with the shoulder at all, but wtf, I make few posts compared to most on this forum and I'm just trying to get off the bench . . . what better place than a school for the blind

Lambretta

First Grade
No contact with the shoulder at all, but wtf, I make few posts compared to most on this forum and I'm just trying to get off the bench . . . what better place than a school for the blind

Having looked at it again, the front of the shoulder slams poor Georgie in the face. The problem with the tackle was that JWH jumped as he put the force in and George fell slightly at the last second.

Not maliscious but definitely careless. He will get two weeks for that.

Oh and Friend will be a likely scrub from the next game too as he was put on report.

Hoping they get one week at most (away to Cowboys) as I'd love to see a full strength team line up against the Storm in Round 11. But somehow I don't think it's going to happen.

At least Ryles will be missing for the Storm :sarcasm:

Pierced Soul

First Grade
JWH swung an Arm which hit rose flush in the head. Was always going to result in a suspension/send off

I have no issue with it being a send off for these reasons. I think he's be looking at 1-2 weeks except he's probably got loading.

Like everything else, consistency is the key

Latest posts