What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Much Damage has Hunt done to this Club

TruSaint

Referee
Just listening to Andy Raymond Unfiltered and Mick Cronin actually used Hunt as an example of how some modern day players are on more coin than they should be. Smart man

I am not happy bagging the bloke. I wish I could call him my Captain.
He is a decent fella, and a good football player.

Simply put, I hate watching a bloke playing for us that i know doesn't want to be here.
It just doesn't sit well with me.

Mind you, he's not alone re modern players on big bucks they shouldn't be on.

steerlerbab

Juniors
I am not happy bagging the bloke. I wish I could call him my Captain.
He is a decent fella, and a good football player.

Simply put, I hate watching a bloke playing for us that i know doesn't want to be here.
It just doesn't sit well with me.

Mind you, he's not alone re modern players on big bucks they shouldn't be on.
Hunt is coming to the of his career. Next year will be his last. He made it to SOO coz Munster was not there.
The problem is we have not developed a FG half in the last 15 years and every team that develops one they lock them.
The last two we developed Amone self destructed and Bud just failed.
For us to be a force again we have to develop marquee level halves.

We are so desperate that I have heard we might extend Hunt to 2026.

TruSaint

Referee
Hunt is coming to the of his career. Next year will be his last. He made it to SOO coz Munster was not there.
The problem is we have not developed a FG half in the last 15 years and every team that develops one they lock them.
The last two we developed Amone self destructed and Bud just failed.
For us to be a force again we have to develop marquee level halves.

We are so desperate that I have heard we might extend Hunt to 2026.

Good post.

Often overlooked is our nursery of new talent. Halves in particular. I do hope your last sentence is wrong, although I it's more hope than anything.

If I was Ben's manager I would be screwing the Club for every penny. That's called business. I want to see Saints draw a line in the sand and move on. That's called smart business.

steerlerbab

Juniors
Let's be realistic, we won't make top 8 and that will be because of our for and against. We are equal 8 now in points, but we are in 10th position. That is because of -92 for and against. To unseat the Dolphins at 8th position who are at +39, we need to catch up more than 130 points and we have to match their wins.

TheRev

First Grade
Let's be realistic, we won't make top 8 and that will be because of our for and against. We are equal 8 now in points, but we are in 10th position. That is because of -92 for and against. To unseat the Dolphins at 8th position who are at +39, we need to catch up more than 130 points and we have to match their wins.
It's 4 out of 6 games to be sure we make it.. 3 would be luck going our way..

I think we end up atleast 2pts short, but love that we are gonna be in the hunt right into august.. and if we did beat the dogs.. itll be very interesting.

hook hook

Juniors
ALERT MEDIA IS FINALLY CATCHING ON

Story By Sterling Taylor

4. Dragons in a Hunt sized hole?​

Shane Flanagan went hell for leather to keep halfback Ben Hunt. Unfortunately for him, the No.7 has been well below his form standards in 2024. With the 34-year-old on contract until 2025 and reports of a one-year extension, he is no longer worth the coveted $1million per year.

As a club halfback, Daly Cherry-Evans is a year older and is outputting a quality far above Hunt. A million dollars for a mid 30s playmaker is well and truly overs. But after chasing to retain him, is Flanagan now regretting his actions?

While many clubs may still be interested in the experienced halves services, no one else would pay a million per season to get him. He simply is not worth that kind of money.

It leaves Flanagan with a tough call. He was reportedly closing in on an extension, but based off his age and form, seeking youth for half the price could be a better play.

Hunt will need to lift if the Dragons are any chance at finals. If they do clinch a spot in the eight, he will need to go back to 2016 form for the Red V to make any dent.

Latest posts