What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much will St George win the penalty count by?

How will they ref the Grand Final?

• Low penalties which will suit the Roosters

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • St George will get the better but not by much

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • Roosters to get hammered playing into the Dragons hands

Votes: 25 52.1%

• Total voters

Dr.J

Juniors
St George = best penalty differential in the NRL, score the most tries on the back of penalties
Roosters = worst penalty differential in the NRL, win most matches if they get 50/50 ball & often lose if they get hammered in the penalty count.

Most GFs will have low penalties (in the Harrigan tradition) which would strongly suit the Roosters.

Rothfield (who badly wants smith to lose) is already campaigning that the refs haven't blown the whistle enough in finals.

Ironically Robert Finch played in the last Dragons-Roosters GF.

Will a high or low penalty count decide the game?

gregstar

Referee
i'll say we'll receive 23 penalties to 4.

which is a true reflection of both our iron discipline & the roosters' laziness & lack of attention to the fundamentals of rugby league.

Not sure, but the only way they can win is through penalties so they'll be milking them throughout the entire game as per usual

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
With Robert Finch as referees boss you never know what the refs will be doing. All I know is that if a player drops the ball whilst trying to play it they will receive a penalty. If I was a coach I would be instructing my players to drop the ball any time and opposition hand is anywhere near it.. I also know that players will spend the whole game milking penalties as Finch obviously instructs the refs to give relieving penalties, as well as trying to even up penalty counts if it starts to get one sided.

I can live with refs making mistakes, it's been happening for over 100 years. What I can't stand is a referees boss coaching the refs to be the main focus of a game more than the players.

The bloke is a cancer of the game and should have been punted years ago!!

pantherz9103

First Grade
The Roosters will niggle in the ruck and give penalties away and then Bwaif Analstar will never stop complaining and look to slow the game down at every opportunity. Difference against the Dragons is, they have great concentration and patience unlike other teams the Roosters have played of late.

God-King Dean

Immortal
It will be decided by a penalty 'Not in the spirit of the game.....'

It's a lose-lose situation for Rothfield. He has it in for both Saints & Smith & they are both in the GF. But of course he'll turn it into a win-win saying "I told you so!" Of course, he won't mention Saints or Smith winning a Premiership.

Eels Dude

Coach
They'll win the count 8 - 3. And lose 26 - 12. The Dragons points coming from 6 penalty goals.

It'll be level, the refs don't have the kahunas to not make it even (even though it isn't supposed to be even). There will also be no penalties in the last 20 minutes.

The penalty count will be 7-5 to the Dragons with the Roosters being awarded the first penalty of the game after 4 minutes 10 metres inside their own line on tackle 1 and will receive penalty number 2 after 67 minutes. The Dragons will receive their 7 penalties between the 10th and the 60th minute. The penalty count will seem even at the end of the game but the Roosters won't receive meaningful penalties and will have one inside Saints territory which will be because Jeremy Smith farted last nights Fiesta Mexicana next to Archer who blew the whistle to get away from the smell.

The Dragons will not be penalised once all night for lying all over the ball carrier but the Roosters will be and the Roosters will eventually be marched on the 6th penalty after Anasta indicates the current 6-1 penalty is not an indication of the game.

We have been battling the refs since the FOFF and in the two games against the Saints this year got no help at all and the ruck and offsides weren't policed and it will be the same again.

Tom Ace

Bench
The Roosters will niggle in the ruck and give penalties away and then Bwaif Analstar will never stop complaining and look to slow the game down at every opportunity. Difference against the Dragons is, they have great concentration and patience unlike other teams the Roosters have played of late.

Like your ADHD riddled team?

gregstar

Referee
The penalty count will be 7-5 to the Dragons with the Roosters being awarded the first penalty of the game after 4 minutes 10 metres inside their own line on tackle 1 and will receive penalty number 2 after 67 minutes. The Dragons will receive their 7 penalties between the 10th and the 60th minute. The penalty count will seem even at the end of the game but the Roosters won't receive meaningful penalties and will have one inside Saints territory which will be because Jeremy Smith farted last nights Fiesta Mexicana next to Archer who blew the whistle to get away from the smell.

The Dragons will not be penalised once all night for lying all over the ball carrier but the Roosters will be and the Roosters will eventually be marched on the 6th penalty after Anasta indicates the current 6-1 penalty is not an indication of the game.

We have been battling the refs since the FOFF and in the two games against the Saints this year got no help at all and the ruck and offsides weren't policed and it will be the same again.

take your impending loss like a man.

Tom Ace

Bench
It'll be level, the refs don't have the kahunas to not make it even (even though it isn't supposed to be even). There will also be no penalties in the last 20 minutes.

Good things.

MV5BMTEwMTkyODAyNzFeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU2MDg3NzU2Nw@@._V1._SX485_SY330_.jpg

Last edited:

Chook Norris

First Grade

to rub it in further... like the Panthers?

and im pretty sure the Titans have a great mind-set and focus.

Notam

Juniors
I think it is quite obvious that the NRL wants the Dragons to win, hence the blatant referee favouritism. The disciplined, dour approach is just to throw everyone off the scent.

It's actually a cross-code conspiracy with the AFL and Super League.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The penalty count the other night was like 5-4, that's hardly favourtism.