What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much will St George win the penalty count by?

How will they ref the Grand Final?

• Low penalties which will suit the Roosters

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • St George will get the better but not by much

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • Roosters to get hammered playing into the Dragons hands

Votes: 25 52.1%

• Total voters

ademkungal

Juniors
dont really care about this gf

would have been souths there if it wasnt for getting absolutely bullsh*t refeering decisions against the dragons in round 26

pantherz9103

First Grade
to rub it in further... like the Panthers?

and im pretty sure the Titans have a great mind-set and focus.

I can admit my team's deficiencies. Unlike the Roosters fans, who think they are the best team around just because of a good half of a season. No trophy yet.

Chook Norris

First Grade
I can admit my team's deficiencies. Unlike the Roosters fans, who think they are the best team around just because of a good half of a season. No trophy yet.

no team's won a trophy yet which sort of contradicts the message you've been spouting in this thread and various others.. and im yet to see any roosters fans with the superiority complex you've been suggesting

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I think it is quite obvious that the NRL wants the Dragons to win, hence the blatant referee favouritism. The disciplined, dour approach is just to throw everyone off the scent.

It's actually a cross-code conspiracy with the AFL and Super League.
I agree. And I 'm glad that others are ready to join the team.

We were getting a little short on numbers for a while there.

images

manly40gimps0

Juniors
If the merge happen to fluke the GF it will be on the back of the refs... The merkins have had a leg up all year.

phonetic

Juniors
Roosters will push their luck in the ruck and with the 10 metres, as they need to try and inhibit our attack, like the Tigers did. Personally I think the Tigers were lucky to only concede 5 penalties.

Good 'line speed' often translates to 'moving early and getting away with it'. It has shown to be very effective against us.. unfortunately, it's also illegal and can be punished whenever the ref feels like it.

Teams are happy to concede a few penalties against us I feel, if they can stifle us as much as the Tigers did the other night.

veintitres

Juniors
I think we will see "State Of Origin rules" applied to the decider. Both sides will get away with a bit more than a standard NRL game and I don't think we will see a high penalty count (wishful thinking partly too).

Ulysseus

Bench
Sigh.
Most probably the team that shows the least amount of discipline will be penalised more.
Whatever way it goes, just do it equally.

Dr.J

Juniors
The rule which will advantage the Saints most is the stripping rule. In every game there are 4-6 instances where there is a hand somewhere near the ball in the ruck and the player with the ball spills it. These decisions are 50/50 as to whether they are lost balls or strips. Because the Roosters have their cards marked as a high penalty team, it will be a penalty to the Saints every time they drop the ball in the ruck. Whereas because Saints have the reputation (amongst referees at least) as a low penalty team, when this happens with the Roosters in possession it will be knock on -scrum.

Tom Ace

Bench
Who has made that claim?

The fourth personality in Panferz2394u2394u00933's head.

The 4th personality is a died in the wool Roosters fan with a Rooster Cogburn style obnoxiousness. He regularly claims that the Roosters are the best team around because they had a good half of a season. The fourth personality also hates the 3rd personality, who is a Souffs supporter, has bad hygiene and collects used combs. 4th personality has a cordial relationship with the attractive Tigers supporting 2nd personality who still wears snap bands from the 90's. 5th personality, who doesn't like any team in particular, and just likes seeing a good game, regularly makes Devonshire tea for the 3rd personality who she feels sorry for. The 6th personality, who supports the Dragons tried to get fresh with the 2nd personality last week, but the 2nd personality said it wasn't ready to be in a relationship again. This was just a cover up as the 2nd personality suspects the 6th is actually gay and the 2nd personality doesn't want to spend 10 years together only to be left when the 6th accepts his feelings and elopes with Bruce from accounts. None of these personalities are 'A Beautiful Mind' style geniuses.

Which all goes to explain why Panferz12392374298345 is the way he is.

TheDalek079

Bench
it depends on how much Uncle Nick pays Harrigan. I think 500k should be enough to buy 5 penalties which should give us enough ball to stand a chance this weekend

*Paul*

Juniors
180 games this year have produced a decisive penalty count i.e. one team has received more than the other. The team on plus side has won 88 (or 49%) of these games.

j0nesy

Bench
The rule which will advantage the Saints most is the stripping rule. In every game there are 4-6 instances where there is a hand somewhere near the ball in the ruck and the player with the ball spills it. These decisions are 50/50 as to whether they are lost balls or strips. Because the Roosters have their cards marked as a high penalty team, it will be a penalty to the Saints every time they drop the ball in the ruck. Whereas because Saints have the reputation (amongst referees at least) as a low penalty team, when this happens with the Roosters in possession it will be knock on -scrum.

bullsh*t. There has been a concerted effort of late to play offside and slow the Dragons play the ball down. Hands on the ball in the play the ball is a definite ploy. If you get caught doing it then tough luck. If you watch the Dragons play you will notice that the would rather allow the quick play the ball than give away a penalty. It is not uncommon to see them with only 1 marker, and sometimes without a marker. It's all part of the game, different teams, different tactics.

Latest posts