What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How old is your jersey?

Mine is 2001-Sponsor is impulse airlines with the shinny material.
You dont see many around of the henny Penny kind but I also have that.
I also have the 1995 7s jersey when they looked like soccer jerseys :lol:
Saw it and wanted it-Paid $100 for it and thats the most ive paid for one.
Also have the 2000 model thats the kind when Matt Johns was playing in his last year.
$145-160 is JUST TO MUCH
for the latest esp. when they change when you catch up so hang on for the new one next year surely :)

Nuffy

Bench
I have a Henny Penny one, a 97 one that I bought the morning of the 97 GF from Peter Wynns in Parra, had Robbies number on the back and wore it to the game and a 2001 series Impulse which I won in a bet.

The 97 jersey went to both the GF's and has been a lucky talisman however it was retired in 01 and we haven't been the same since.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I've got a '97' jersey (signed by the Country Origin team earlier this year) and a 2003 home one complete with sponsors etc.

BUDERUS

Juniors
ive got stockland one, and a World Club Challenge - Feb 2002 the team wore when they played the Bradford Bulls.

keeney

First Grade
the jersey we used for the 7's this year would mae a cool alternative jersey

~bedsy~

First Grade
I have the 15 yr anniversary one from 2002.
I also won a jersey in 2001.
I'm also getting this yr for my birthday a NSW Origin Jersey with 9 and Buderus on the back. I still have to wait just under 3 months though :cry:

Johns-All-Day

Juniors
I've got the 2000 Impulse one with A.Johns and 7 on the back, and mini 7s on the sleeves, signed by Joey. I have to hand wash it and wash around Joey's signature every time I wear it haha, can't have it fading or washing off now can I?

~bedsy~

First Grade
See If I ever got a jersey signed I could never wear it again.
I would have to frame it. I couldn't wear it as it would have to be washed and like you said it can wash off if it's not a materials pen ( :lol: I have no idea what that pen is called)

Johns-All-Day

Juniors
I didn't start washing it till last year. After 3 years I figured it was starting to stink a bit much. :lol: But it's not so bad if you wash around it. I have no idea what that pen is called either mate haha damn it's gonna annoy me all night now.

tinkerbell

Juniors
I've got this year's jersey with number 7 on the back. I don't think I'll be updating for a few years- they're so expensive! I was lucky this time and got given my current jersey as a present.

CycloneSteve

Juniors
I have several Knights jerseys (much to my wifes annoyance)
* An original jersey from 1988 without sponsors
* An original jersey from when we were sponsored by BP
* A 2000 Jersey (sponsored by Impulse)
* The older style away jersey (sponsored by Impulse)
* The current home jersey
* The current Sevens jersey
* NSW State of Origin Jersey (with Johns and 7 on the back)
* USA Tomahawks jersey fully signed by the team (i won that in a raffle when they came down to play a match against the Goulburn Stockmen earlier this year)

I used to have a 1997 10th Anniversary jersey, but a friend wore it to the double header in 1998, took it home to wash it and it was stolen from her house (along with her bf's Roosters jersey and heaps of other stuff)

I would like to get my hands on the World Club Challenge Jersey, the Special Edition jersey worn against the Broncos and the current away jersey, but I feel my wife would probably hang me from the cieling by my ouchy parts.

ive got the 2002 away jearsy, and its signed but i still wear it and i hand wash it.
i wantd it M.GIDLEy and 3 @ the back but its half white and i didnt like the Blue fabric things, so i just got nsw jearsy and went 2 peter wynns and got mgidley and 3 at the back 8)

lucky7

Juniors
I have i think like a 97 one and a 2001 one
The 2001 went with me to the grand final and the 97 one seems to get lent to anyone else i go to the footy with who doesnt have one.

Just a tip for maintaining signatures on materials i have heard that if you paint over the signature with clear nail polish it wont wash off or if you spray it with hair spray.
Not sure if it will work but could be worth experimenting with.

Latest posts