What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how pumped are you

boxa777

Coach
As someone not old enough to have seen a premiership, I'm at that point where I cannot go into any season overly 'pumped'. Too many disappointments.

However, I go into the season quietly content as to what is happening to our great club. I definitely am looking forward to the season but not raising expectations.

Cagey Mac

Bench
As sure as a bear sh*ts in the woods, our time has come
The team has class written all over it
The coach owes nobody anything
The coach puts round pegs in round holes
Every position has pressure on whoever is the incumbent
This is a balanced team mentored my a champion coach
It will be a champion team

Godz Illa

Coach
Coops and the players are pumped

Cooper revitalised after Bennett arrival

09/02/2009 5:55 PM
Steve Orme

Sportal

Long-serving Dragons centre Matt Cooper says the arrival of legendary coach Wayne Bennett has reinvigorated the famous club following six years under Nathan Brown.
Cooper, now in his 10th NRL season with St George Illawarra, admits the departure of club stalwarts Mark Gasnier and Jason Ryles at the end of last season took some getting used to.
But the 29-year-old claims the arrival of the former Broncos mentor, along with a number of fresh faces to the playing roster, has rendered the club unrecognisable.
And he couldn't be happier.

"Obviously it's a different feeling for me having been at the club for many years now," Cooper told Sportal.
"It feels like I've gone to a new club just with the amount of change over of staff and players this year."
"It's a good feeling and I'm excited and so is everyone else."
Cooper says Bennett's impact was immediate and claims the players have embraced the former Broncos mentor, and his methods, wholeheartedly.
"I think everyone at the club have really enjoyed Wayne's coaching over the last few months," he said.
"It's been a different approach to what we've had in the past and everyone's enjoyed it. Every time I talk to players about it they're just that excited to start the season."
Asked to pinpoint the major differences between the new coach and his predecessor, Cooper declared Bennett and Brown polar opposites.
"To what we've had in the past it's just completely opposite, he's more experienced, he's been there and done it before for Brisbane and with Australian teams," Cooper said of Bennett.
"He's just got the guidance of a leader and he's brought that to our team and especially to the senior players in the team he's brought a lot of guidance ... he's really tried to get us going and I think it's working, but we're just going to have to see on Saturday night (against the Roosters) how it's gone."
Meanwhile, Cooper expressed his strong desire to retain his place in the New South Wales line-up and avenge the recent run of Origin series defeats at the hand of the Maroons.
"The last three years it's been pretty bad, Queensland have won the last three series," Cooper lamented.
"So obviously I'm keen to get back in the squad and hopefully win it this year for New South Wales."
But the powerful centre says his main priority is ensuring the Dragons are serious contenders in 2009.
"Obviously I'm just keen to play well this year for the Dragons, I think it's going to be a big year for us and we're excited," he said.
"Everyone to do (with the club), the supporters, everyone I talk to is just that keen for this year and it's the same for the players, we're just keen to get out there."
The Dragons arrived in Perth on Monday and will complete a four-day training camp ahead of Saturday's trial hit out against the Roosters at Members Equity Stadium.

http://sportal.com.au/League-news-display/cooper-revitalised-64669

Raul_Pato

Juniors
I'm well pumped for this season, not because I think we can win it, but because I believe we will see a different team out there. A team that can handle the big games and put teams under pressure and keep them there.

I'm tempering my expectations because I have been let down so many times by the boys in the Red V. But if they play hard in each and every game this season then I will be happy.

I'm excited at the prospect of seeing the change in the players. Hoping to see Cooper getting the ball at pace and on an angle to the defensive line, Ben Creagh realise his potential as a running forward, Justin Poore continue to improve as one of the lead props, Jamie Soward take control of the game with a bit of direction. Lots of monstering in defence, not the wait and let them run at us attitude of the past. Also looking like a team that knows how to score a try from inside the oppositions 20 rather than being more likely to score from our own half.

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
Im just pumped the footys nearly back. I've been watching the replayed games on fox and bring on March 13th

redVpride

Juniors
cant wait for the season to start already still pist off about my last trip to brookvale as some of you guys are too id say but bring on 09 and beyond GO THE DRAGONS

Syko

Juniors
every year I get excited, this year I'm not, that way it won't be such a big downer when we bomb out yet again.....................

SEAT 1A

Bench
I'm well pumped for this season, not because I think we can win it, but because I believe we will see a different team out there. A team that can handle the big games and put teams under pressure and keep them there.

I'm tempering my expectations because I have been let down so many times by the boys in the Red V. But if they play hard in each and every game this season then I will be happy.

Agree Raul_Pato.

I'll get a bit more pumped if the team is able to score a few more points when the opposition's 20. I remember a few good tries by Cooper late in the year, running back towards the posts through a big hole off a nice pass from a second rower.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
every year I get excited, this year I'm not, that way it won't be such a big downer when we bomb out yet again.....................
you can get excited without hoping for a grand final, you know at least we are more a profesional unit
icon14.gif