What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How slow is the forum??

Fitz

Juniors
Haven't LU increased their bandwidth yet?

Honestly, I am operating at a snails pace here...much like justin poore

Eels Dude

Coach
Waaaaaah Waaaaaah... The extra 'a's are just for emphasis. Seriously, first round of the season you'd have to expect 10 times as many people would be using the forums as opposed to the last few months. And Poore looked good early in my opinion I don't think any of us Eels fans should be whingeing.

it goes thru patches where pages don't load, last night this forum was loading but the nrl one loaded fine. Go figure?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
our server gets congested from time to time, got nothing to do with bandwith

your post was 11:33 last night, I wasn't around but I dare say we have hundreds of people browsing the forms after the 2 games last night, first games of the year and all that

Fitz

Juniors
so wouldn't LU prepare for that?? Surly they expected the influx of posters after the first games of the season.

Poor management IMO.

nöyd

Staff member
so wouldn't LU prepare for that?? Surly they expected the influx of posters after the first games of the season.

Poor management IMO.

baby-crying.jpg

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
fitz your a fkn tool seriously. LU pay for this out of their own pocket and make no profit. If you don't like it, fk off!

Fitz

Juniors
fitz your a fkn tool seriously. LU pay for this out of their own pocket and make no profit. If you don't like it, fk off!

MAKE NO PROFIT!!?

Look to the right, look at the top...even in the middle of some threads.

Its all advertisements! They don't get paid for this?

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
MAKE NO PROFIT!!?

Why are you complaining? This forum is for free, you don't pay a cent and your complaining about the bandwidth? Get a fkn grip.

nöyd

Staff member
MAKE NO PROFIT!!?

They don't get paid for this?

I can't keep it to myself any longer, the pay here is great, next year I'll be able to quit my job and become a fulltime mod. The ads also pay for the Admin/Moderator Xmas Party, should have been there last year when Twizzle got down to his und...opps I've said too much. :oops:

Fitz

Juniors
Well you should be getting paid if not, that's not very smart on your part.

They are probably bringing in a fair bit from advertisers.

Suitman

Post Whore
I think Fitz has a point. Just no idea how to express it.

There have been times lately when I've found it very slow indeed, to the point where it won't even load.
At the same time, I have no problems with other websites, so it ain't my computer.
I once checked when I got onto the main Forum page finally how many people were online, and it was only a tad over 300.

Not good enough in my opinion, particularly when LU know that there are going to be periods of heavy demand.

Suity

nöyd

Staff member
I think Fitz has a point. Just no idea how to express it.

There have been times lately when I've found it very slow indeed, to the point where it won't even load.
At the same time, I have no problems with other websites, so it ain't my computer.
I once checked when I got onto the main Forum page finally how many people were online, and it was only a tad over 300.

Not good enough in my opinion, particularly when LU know that there are going to be periods of heavy demand.

Suity

Could I just ask you Suity, would you pay to use these forums if you had to? Not a loaded question with any ulterior motives, just completely out of curiosity as others have said in other threads that they would gladly pay to post here.

:cool:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
MAKE NO PROFIT!!?

the ads pay the server cost's so that you dont have to, champ

Latest posts