What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to fix the Roosters "Juniors" problems

Dragon Fanatic

Juniors
Ok, you blokes must be sick and tired of being told off about your lack of juniors. Its true you have next to no juniors.
To get this problem fixed is quite easy.
You have HUGE private schools in the Eastern Suburbs who either play Rugby Union or don't have any preference to any sport.
The schools are:
-The Cranbrook School (Bellevue Hill) Full of wealthy and willing young Union players. Pop 1300 (All boys years K-12)

-The Scots College (Bellevue Hill) Full of very handy and wealthy Union players some whom made the Australian schoolboys Rugby side this year. Pop 1200 (All Boys Years K-12)

-Waverley College (Waverley) Real wealth off talent and great Rugby school where many great League and Union players have been teethed also many who made Australian schoolboys rugby side- Pop 1400 (All boys Years 5-12)

-Reddam House (Woollahra) Very wealthy and very new school with plenty of talented youngsters- Pop 1160 (Co ed Years K-12)

-Rose Bay Secondary College (Dover Heights and Vaucluse) Public school which I am sure will have a well of talent just waiting to be used.

These are the major schools in the Eastern Suburbs that have males enrolled. Why not say, create a Rugby League competition a knock out just one day and try and get the support of these schools. How will you get the support of these Rugby schools you ask?
Do what the Roosters do best throw money at them. Even places like Cranbrook can’t get enough of the stuff and a place like Dover would love to get involved. I’m telling you now getting League into the private schools in the Eastern suburbs will stop the bitching from other clubs about you buying players. Even just running like gala days or development days it will help immensely.

You have in excess of 5100 boys who are just waiting to play League. Now obviously not all of these boys will play but I think you will pleasantly surprised with how many who will. Your hardest task is getting the schools to comply.

Kris_man

Bench
Dragon Fanatic said:
Your hardest task is getting the schools to comply.
and that is a massive task indeed. for those GPS schools, Rugby means everything. it's the lifeblood of their schools, education is of secondary importance.

Anonymous

Juniors
I went to Waverley. In my 8 years there, an attempt to create a league team was mad 3 times. The answer every time was 'this is a union school, and we will not play rugby league here'.

I think you will find similar stories at the other schools.

Is this some kind of joke? What "juniors problems"? We were minor premiers in SG Ball, did well in Harold Matthews and are unbeaten in Flegg.

We don't have juniors problems.

Take a look in the mirror, fool.

Broncodroid

Juniors
Renowned League Expert said:
Is this some kind of joke? What "juniors problems"? We were minor premiers in SG Ball, did well in Harold Matthews and are unbeaten in Flegg.

I don't like to do what I am about to do but the above /\ is spot on and there is nothing more to add.

Dragon Fanatic

Juniors
The big red nut Gougey. You were all champion blokes shame it had to end like that.
Had heaps of blokes I knew. Ms Thom is my HG teacher. What house were u in?

t-ba

Post Whore

Soward? Son of the Bondi Sands?

Would be good to spend some money on home grown talent, and pinch the future Rugby Stars, where the ARU should be investing instead of trying to get our stars.

Plus it would be another reason to hate the Roosters... Private school prats!!! :twisted: :p

Misanthrope

Staff member
s this some kind of joke? What "juniors problems"? We were minor premiers in SG Ball, did well in Harold Matthews and are unbeaten in Flegg.

I think he was referring to the fact you don't raise your own juniors, but buy them from elsewhere. How many of your dominant Flegg team are local boys?

RICHO

Juniors
Those "Union" schools are just scared. They play in their own little comp, and rave about how good it is, when in reality it is selective, and not every school can have a crack.

They are scared of playing against the boys in the Public School system. Wether it be in League, Union, or whatever. Instead, they prefer to go on about how good their comp is.

BRING IT ON PANZY BOYS!

t-ba

Post Whore
RICHO said:
Those "Union" schools are just scared. They play in their own little comp, and rave about how good it is, when in reality it is selective, and not every school can have a crack.

They are scared of playing against the boys in the Public School system. Wether it be in League, Union, or whatever. Instead, they prefer to go on about how good their comp is.

BRING IT ON PANZY BOYS!

Not sure on that. Joeys and Kings buy Country Kids with the help of the Squeels and the Dogs.

The only GPS schools with a genuinely Xenophobic fear of RL are the Eastern Suburbs ones. I think that has alot to do with how tenuous the link with the AAGPS schools like Grammar and Sydney Boys. They aren't strong enough to break the rigid dogma coming from HQ. Whereas a strong school like Iggies can do whatever the hell it wants and just WTF are the others going to do about it?

gunnamatta bay

Referee
melon.... said:
Gunna Matter said:
When the vast majority of adults in your area are gay you will never have juniors.
Won any premierships lately? Sorry to hear that...

No, whats that got to do with the subject? I was merely pointing out that the eastern suburbs has a huge gay population (about 80%) who for obvious reasons cannot produce potential footballers. You are not homophobic are you?

ledzep

Bench
t-ba the hutt said:
Whereas a strong school like Iggies can do whatever the hell it wants and just WTF are the others going to do about it?
we had a league team this year in under 16's
it was sh*t though
however, if all the good rugby boys played, we could get quite a good team

Latest posts