What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to slow a metabolism?

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Does anyone here know how to slow down a metabolism? Mine is one of the fastest in the world and I want to know how to slow it down as I am 183cms and 60kg I don't want to be lanky anymore.

Cheers

GFP

[furrycat]

Coach
I really hate it when people blame their metabolism :p

You need to research and start eating right and doing the right exercise to bulk up. Eating right as in 3 proper meals with lots of protein and supplements if you have to.

Well once i figure out how to speed up mine i'll post it and let you do the opposite..

Why do you want to freaking slow it down...

Eat plenty of Carbs and junk food, that'll make you fat then you'll be sooo content.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
I'm actually on a see-food diet at the moment :lol: and I'm eating take-a-way at least three times a week

I understand you don't want to look like a stick no more but eating unhealthy food that much isn't good for you..

Is all that fat clogging up your arteries worth the outside look?

Go and do a sport like martial arts, it will develop your muscles and beef you up the right way. And at the same time develop your mind to not be worried about the negative things in your mind.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Please PM me the secret to speeding up my metabolism please.

Or i could just f**king eat less and move more. Either way.

Rainbow

Juniors
Dragon Scott said:
I understand you don't want to look like a stick no more but eating unhealthy food that much isn't good for you..

Is all that fat clogging up your arteries worth the outside look?

Go and do a sport like martial arts, it will develop your muscles and beef you up the right way. And at the same time develop your mind to not be worried about the negative things in your mind.

This is good advice. you can still be a skinny fat person.

[furrycat]

Coach
gunning_for_panthers said:
I'm actually on a see-food diet at the moment :lol: and I'm eating take-a-way at least three times a week

And that is a poorw ay to go about it... Very poor way.

Eating big while exercising to get muscle doesn't mean eating junkfood and crap- all it will do is f**k with your metabolism more because you aren't eating properly.

aqua_duck

Coach
If you got a naturally thin frame there's no point becoming a fat bastard. Seriously hit the weights, powerlifting (bench press, dead lifts, squats) is very good, requires minimal equipment, and gives you a great all body workout. There's heaps of suppliments for beginners who want to bulk up, eat alot of complex carbs (pasta, rice, bread), protein (lean meats, eggs, etc).
There's no point trying to stuff up your metabolism and trying to bulk up on junk food, any weight you gain will probably go straight to your gut, your blood pressure, cholesterol levels etc will increase, its all detrimental to your health. Also you'll find its not easy to lose that gut, and you'll still look like a b!tch with your narrow shoulders, thin frame, and big gut hanging out.

spider

Coach
its easy to make the assumption of having an overactive metabolism and a problem a lot of people would care to have to an extent

but its difficult to offer any advice without the knowledge of your basic diet plan/eating habits/exercise routines - what you eat, when do you eat, etc, etc?

if you wish to add size dont rush out and jam yourself on bread, pasta, etc becuase people say carbs add size. They do and if they are starchy and not clean carbs they will simply be stored as fat if the body doesnt utilise them correctly

carbs add bulk and is an energy source >>> protein repairs and builds muscle

Simo

First Grade
[furrycat] said:
I really hate it when people blame their metabolism :p

You need to research and start eating right and doing the right exercise to bulk up. Eating right as in 3 proper meals with lots of protein and supplements if you have to.

Actually eating constantly in smaller meals is better for you than eating 3 big meals a day like our culture does.

Snoop

Coach
Simo said:
Actually eating constantly in smaller meals is better for you than eating 3 big meals a day like our culture does.

Too true,

I still have 3 big meals a day but I constantly eat, about every 1 - 2 hours until dinner. The original poster already has a fast metabolism so he should probably be doing this already but if you have a slow metabolisim this will help, along with regular activity. So depending on your activity level a couple of pieces of fruit and maybe some nuts or bread in between meals will help stoke your metabolic fire.

And as for bulking up I will just reiterate what's been said. Don't eat junk/fatty foods, that's not the kind of bulk you want, nor is it healthy. Hit the weights and make them BIG weights. Pump classes are not going to bulk you up. Lean meats and eggs and perhaps protein suppliments are great. If you are a vego like me you can hit the beans and lentils but you won't bulk up as fast.