What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How was Jeremy Smith?

lucablight

First Grade
I only got to listen to the match on radio. How did Jeremy Smith go? From what I heard he didn't seem to much apart from missing tackles. Morris and Riddell seemed to do all the kicking as well. Was this a fair reflection?

mickdo

Coach
Yeah, he wasn't that great. Good pass for Hindy's try but apart from that he didn't seem to do much. First game back for a while I guess so we shouldn't be too hard on him... yet.

lucablight

First Grade
I've also previously stated that I think he doesn't know how to put up bombs. The Warriors had a rookie fullback and winger today. Did he put any balls high?

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
He just doesnt get involved enough for a halfback, or have the smarts for a halfback.

Vatuvai was struggling all game and not once did he put in an attacking directed at big V

Jeremy just doesnt provide enough point scoring opportunities as say timmy does

But to be fair our other half didnt do a whole lot either

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I've yet to see a good game from him, no direction and creativity.

Time for Blake, we have nothing to loose with him or perhaps PJ at Half.

strider

Post Whore
I think jeremy is a solid player - altho i think his defense is pretty scratchy (but u could say that about most halfbacks defense) .... but I just don't think Jeremy has any flair or creativity .... john morris is also generally a "solid" half (tho he has some more creative games sometimes) - we don't want 2 solid halves - one of them should be able to lay something on

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah i don't rate him. He looked hurried and out of his depth IMHO.

Played OK in the first half when our forwards had some grunt.

Played behind a beaten pack in the second half and so had little opportunity.

Can't hold tonight against him he did his job well when the forwards did theirs. Also provided a nice ball for Hindy to score.

strider

Post Whore
I think Hindy's try was more about NZ stupidity than Jeremy or anything else - if the NZ fullback didn't fall for the dummy and got involved then its just a normal hit up from Hindy instead of a try.

Parra Guru

Coach
strider said:
I think Hindy's try was more about NZ stupidity than Jeremy or anything else - if the NZ fullback didn't fall for the dummy and got involved then its just a normal hit up from Hindy instead of a try.

Yep, it appears that Hindy can sell sand to the Egyptians

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Tamazoid said:
Why don't you use Marsh as a half?

Marsh isn't very creative as a halfback.

Jeremy was pretty ordinary, he just isn't creative and doesn't offer much with his kicking game. Blake has to get the call up if we want to make the finals. Also Price ran at Smith all night and made alot of metres through him.

Why did that rat Reynoldson have to put a late shot on Timmy :(.

number8

Juniors
We went as well as most of us predicted he would! He was solid & not bad by any means but as someone else said he has no variety in his kicking game. Surely we have guys that have more to offer? I can't comment on Green but Marsh is plenty creative when compared to J Smith.

There was a try in the offering that was called back as a forward pass & not the one form Riddell (which I thought was OK). I'm not sure now whether he (Smith) was the one who threw the pass to Hayne for a possible 3rd try but if it was it was a great pass & unlucky not to get the rub. I'll watch it again but my 1st recollection has Smith thowing the pass. Due credit for that if he was the one. It was a sweet pass, just a shame the officials saw differently!

ParraManiac

Juniors
In the games where I have seen Jeremy play well in PL, he has been playing 5/8. He has more of a running game than an organising game. Halfback just isnt his position. Without Tim we have a popgun passing and kicking game while ever Jeremy and Morris are paired together.

If Blake has a similar passing and kicking game to Tim, then I say bring him up now or we will be lucky to be making up the numbers this year. Other than that PJ needs to play in the halves.

number8

Juniors
ParraManiac said:
In the games where I have seen Jeremy play well in PL, he has been playing 5/8. He has more of a running game than an organising game. Halfback just isnt his position. Without Tim we have a popgun passing and kicking game while ever Jeremy and Morris are paired together.

If Blake has a similar passing and kicking game to Tim, then I say bring him up now or we will be lucky to be making up the numbers this year. Other than that PJ needs to play in the halves.

Exactly. It has to happen if we are to make the most of our opportunity. We won't go much futher unless the halves are sorted & J Smith isn't the man!