What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How will souths go without Reynolds?

Card Shark

Immortal
Fox reporting up to 5 months.

Yes it's hyped up but someone who has examined him has obviously given an initial opinion to them, leading to the 4 (or 5) month call.

Galeforce

Bench
He hasn't even had scans yet ffs

McGuire was just trying to justify the penalty in saying 'worst case scenirio'

4 months hasn't been mentioned by anyone associated with souths, only media hacks guessing after that comment.

Typical "hatefull" nuance from you . As if there was any reason that Madge had to justify the penalty. You dope.

Jason Maher

Immortal
He hasn't even had scans yet ffs

McGuire was just trying to justify the penalty in saying 'worst case scenirio'

4 months hasn't been mentioned by anyone associated with souths, only media hacks guessing after that comment.

It generally goes better when you don't let your hate guide your thinking.

Galeforce

Bench
Interesting pressure on Souths now , the only bright side at this stage is that Souths will have players coming back towards end of season for the finals , if Souths can get there.

Turner , Reynolds , Auva'a and Cody Walker by round 20.
Sutton , Walker by round 10.

Keary to half , i think this will be a no brainer , as we do not have another experienced half. Keary will do well as he is a better half than 5/8.
5/8 interesting number alternatives ......maybe Luke allowing Mcinnes to hooker. OR Stewart or GI

Danish

Referee
Seems obvious that you'd put Inglis to 6. He was Mr Invisible last night until Luke went off and Keary moved to hooker.

The move might actually make greggy pull his finger out his arse this year.... Plus it will get Johnston at fullback so every line break doesn't guarantee an automatic try with the way Inglis had been defending at the back this year

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Seems obvious that you'd put Inglis to 6. He was Mr Invisible last night until Luke went off and Keary moved to hooker.

The move might actually make greggy pull his finger out his arse this year.... Plus it will get Johnston at fullback so every line break doesn't guarantee an automatic try with the way Inglis had been defending at the back this year

His positioning has been very poor and glossed over by many.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Inglis has fallen into the JT category with the commentators.

Does nothing the whole game, does one good thing 'He's so good. Such a competitor....'

BranVan3000

Coach
Nobody in the team has the long kicking game of Reynolds. And he led our right side defence, he will be sorely missed

I'm thinking maybe Cam McInnes will come into his spot

Sutton is still out for a few weeks

Dogs Of War

Coach
Nobody in the team has the long kicking game of Reynolds. And he led our right side defence, he will be sorely missed

I'm thinking maybe Cam McInnes will come into his spot

Sutton is still out for a few weeks

Yeah you only have to look at the kicking metres from yesterday to see what he does for Souths. Dogs dominated major every stat except for that.

saint.nick

Coach
We will be a lesser team. That's for sure. Look at the Panthers without Soward. I think we are lucky in that we have several other capable ball players like Sutton, Keary, inglis and Stewart but we won't replace his kicking game easily. His goal kicking will also be missed but I believe Goodwin kicks at > 80% so we should still be ok in that regard.

Yeah but Penrith don't have a half like Keary to partner Soward.

BranVan3000

Coach
Yes, bottom of 8.

Won't go back to back....but in my opinion, they weren't anyway, as history suggests.

All ducks aligned last year, this year they are not.

Last year we started worse and it was Issac Luke we lost for an extended period, after we had just moved on Peats as well. Plenty were writing us off then too. If anything the team excels with a bit of adversity

Card Shark

Immortal
Last year you started as bad as you've started good this year.

Will be interesting to see what happens from here but if Reynolds is out for 4 months, you will struggle.

He is that good - I was hoping he'd be SOO half this year.

BranVan3000

Coach
Last year you started as bad as you've started good this year.

Will be interesting to see what happens from here but if Reynolds is out for 4 months, you will struggle.

He is that good - I was hoping he'd be SOO half this year.

Just need to keep in touch with the 8 by the time he returns.

gronkathon

First Grade
It is a huge blow. He directs 80% plus of their game and is a deadly accurate kicker.

Keary is a fine instinctive player but isn't much of a game manager yet

blaza88z

Coach
7. Keary
6. Inglis
1. Johnston

It probably rules us out of the minor premiership but I am confident we'll stay in touch with the top 4. Hopefully Reynolds comes back with 2-3 weeks left in the regular season, enough time for him to get the rust out for when the season really begins.

Top 4?

you'll be doing well to make the 8, he is one dimensional but him and Soward are very much the same style of player, they both have outstanding kicking games which is crucial

slippy

Juniors
No doubt we are a worse team without him, much worse. But it is funny how short some peoples memories are. It wasn't that long ago he was talked about as the most limited one dimensional uninspiring halfback. The cog in the wheel that was supposedly holding us back.

Is there a more obvious statement than "we are a worse team without him"

The whole thread is based around that you moron, give us some decent insight.

Tommy Smith

Referee
They'll still easily finish top 4.

How many teams are better than them even without Reynolds - Roosters. Then maybe Dogs and Panthers at a big stretch?

That's about it. They'll still brush aside every single side they'd expect to beat, Tits, Dragons, Raiders etc.

And Reynolds will be back in time for the finals so the only issue will be his match fitness for the big games. Similar to Fergo at the Roosters. So they'll be sweet.

Latest posts