What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How will the dragons do in 2013

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Can't see us losing a game to be honest.

To be fair, I can't see us winning too many either.

Such is the life of a football fan.

Oh well. The monkeys off the back. There's no expectation on us for the first time in 15 years and we're in the running for Bellamy.

Things could be worse.

Probably around the fringe of the 8 again. Between 6-10.

Never know though. If you can sneak into the playoffs youre always a chance of making the topbowl

thommo4pm

Coach
We have a terrible coach, and are lack a quality half / playmaker.

Other than that our squad is far from the worst in the comp.
The addition of Frizzell and Harrison to our forward pack is good for us.

Beale will go well for us at the back, putting Nighty and Morris back in their best positions.
Fingers crossed one of Runciman or Green can kick on in the off-season and put some pressure on Cooper and Chase Stanley for a centre spot.
Some real quality young kids coming through like, Stockwell, Runciman, Cummins, Quinlan, DeBellin (will be much better again in 2013), King & Rein among others.

Will we make the 8?
I don't know.
Will we finish with the spoon, I don't think so.

My side would be:
1. Beale
2. Morris
3. Stanley / Vidot
4. Cooper
5. Nighty
6. Soward
7. Fien / Drinkwater

8. Hunt
9. Rein
10. Merrin
11. Frizzell
12. Harrison
13. Creagh

14. Weyman
15. Debellin
16. Stockwell / Mathews
17. King

If that side had a decent coach it would be in the top 8.

Joker's Wild

Coach
It'll be a tough year for the Dragons but one that will be good for rebuilding

Their pack is experienced peppered with youth and needs to stand up better than last year, they are certainly capable.

The backs have finishing ability but may be let down by their halves not creating enough opportunities. Whoever plays FB will need to get heavily involved, not sure either Morris or Beale are capable of that though.

7th - 12th

Dragon_psa

First Grade
LOL @ the spoon predicters. We managed to finish 9th last season with a considerably worse roster, as well as our best prop being absent for half the season and no established fullback from the outset. You have to go back to 1938 to find the last Dragons spoon winner, and no doubt we've had much worse rosters in subsequent seasons.

I'm not saying we'll win it, but I expect (barring injury to key player/players) that we will certainly improve on last season.

No fullback/stop gap fullback to Beale/Cummins
Aging halfback who went a season too long to Fien/Drinkwater
Harrison/Frizzell/Henderson added to forwards
Young/Fien hooker rotation to Rein/King

The only real question mark for mine is centre. I reckon 4th - 8th if not better.

carcharias

Immortal
LOL @ the spoon predicters. We managed to finish 9th last season with a considerably worse roster, as well as our best prop being absent for half the season and no established fullback from the outset. You have to go back to 1938 to find the last Dragons spoon winner, and no doubt we've had much worse rosters in subsequent seasons.

I'm not saying we'll win it, but I expect (barring injury to key player/players) that we will certainly improve on last season.

The only real question mark for mine is centre. I reckon 4th - 8th if not better.

yep probably 1st.

Joker's Wild

Coach

Knights fans (myself included) made similar predictions about their 2012 season and they ended up finishing lower than they did in 2011.

Improvement is no certainty

Dragon_psa

First Grade
Knights fans (myself included) made similar predictions about their 2012 season and they ended up finishing lower than they did in 2011.

Improvement is no certainty

Maybe so, but the Knights roster didn't really improve on 2011 - in fact it was arguably worse, as they were missing some real grunt in the forwards this season. They'll be top 8 next year for sure.