What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How???

Kiwi

First Grade
Can a place for Cronk and Inglis not be found in the top 17 for the Storm???

I just watched the Devils take apart QRL favourites and defending premiers the Bears, and these two guys were awesome.

1 Billy Slater, 2 Matt Geyer, 3 Steve Bell, 4 Matt King, 5 Jake Webster, 6 Scott Hill, 7 Matt Orford, 8 Robbie Kearns [c], 9 Cameron Smith, 10 Ian Donnelly, 11 David Kidwell, 12 Ryan Hoffman, 13 Dallas Johnson. Subs: 14 Dennis Scott, 15 Jamie Feeney, 17 Brett White, 18 Alex Chan

White better than Cronk?

Bell is leaving, and Inglis is better, both good reason to promote Inglis and drop Bell. Move Slater back to centre where he is just as damaging. Inglis to fullback.

Yep, take another forward off the bench... good idea. Both will be regulars next year, until then, they will bide their time.

Why bide their time...Inglis deserves a crack at the Warriors next week. Bellamy is kidding himself keeping Chan in the team. He was crap...put Inglis on the bench and give him a shot.

steaming stormer said:
Yep, take another forward off the bench... good idea. Both will be regulars next year, until then, they will bide their time.
Last night would've been the ideal situation to have Cronk on the bench. I wouldn't have fielded a too different team from what Bellamy ended up having, except Inglis for Bell because Cronk is usually wasted on the bench. It was freakish to lose both halfback and 5/8 in the same game.

After Last night I agree.

Had it with Bell and Orford.

Put in Ingliss and Cronk. Gotta find a decent forward to otherwise our season is gone.

Surandy

Bench
UndertakerMike said:
After Last night I agree.

Had it with Bell and Orford.

Put in Ingliss and Cronk. Gotta find a decent forward to otherwise our season is gone.

Not entirely true, we can actually still make the 8 even if we don't win another game. But depends on other results going our way and the way the Knights, Bunnies and Panthers are going it could well happen.

lotti

Bench
Orford's injured so Cronk will come in to replace him, he'll be able to work out some kinks between him and Hill before next year.

It is true 'cause especially if we make the finals we need the forwards to at least hold their own.

The backs can shine after that.

At the moment it is the Websters, King, Bells and especiall the Geyers that are to busy doing the Forwards work to make breaks score tries and therefore win games.

shadow grinder

First Grade
i still dont agree on cronk being on the bench...sure last night would have been good..but if hill doesnt get injured then cronk only plays the last 10 minutes....then we would have had one less forward which means we would have got steam rolled by even more.

we need a big guy on the bench..someone that adds aggression and can spark something....or else our midget forwards will be creamed vs the big blokes....also teams only have to run at orford and they score he couldnt tackle a corpse that bloke

lotti

Bench
yeah, but instead of waiting until the off season and next season we should use this time to work out any kinks that could arise from Cronk's inclusion next year. Better to be safe than sorry.

MONY

Juniors
im fed up with slater. He either plays really good or really bad......... he actually heard me when i yelled "two hands dipsh*t".

lotti

Bench
Billy's good, he wasn't dropped from Origin 3 because of form he was dropped because of that stupid Cowboys player.

MONY

Juniors
he made a number of poor decisions and was missing in attack. His attempt of tackle on Dykes was laughable. he caught the ball and stepped over touch and they scored in the other corner. He could have let it go it was right in front of me. Being at the game, he seemed very quiet and it reminded me of his first half against the bulldogs.

Latest posts