What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hows about Gorrel?

sharkadelic

Juniors
Very sad state of affairs. Gallen is probably my favourite player in the last few years but whining prima donnas BELONG at Manly.

Pull your head in or fugg off.

Inferno

Coach
Frenzy. said:
Manly and Parra are still putting the big ones in on Gallen. He still wants out as well.

Any idea why Frenz? if its the same reason as last time, seems it wasn't Sticky coming that made him change his mind.

To be honest Im starting to sour on him as well. Play your heart out or f*ck off. Wierdo could be as good as him to be honest in a couple of years and Birdy is definately a better lock.

I don't think we are getting Tupou folks, so I wouldn't get my hopes up on that. That said I could live with a backrow of Dougy, Thommo, and Tweety, with Cam/Wierdo/Loo Loo on the bench.

spider

Coach
If Gallen wants to go - let him.

His ego is growing at too fast a rate.

S.O.O did not do good things for his game for the remainder of the season, individually speaking.

Inferno

Coach
Why is it so many of our players turn to sh*t once playing Origin. Bailey, Noddy and now Gallen.

I f*cken hope no one from our team is ever selected again!

The Popper

Bench
Bloody Manly. Those barstuds never stop poaching. Obviously someone on the rep scene has promised Gallen gold and silver and fame. Little story: decades ago our Flegg were playing Manly. After the match we spoke with the Manly officials across the aisle regarding the attributes of various players. We said `Manly have got a goodun in him, or him'. They said: `Norths you mean.' What??? `Good juniors often end up at Norths cause Manly fill their gaps with imports'. Didn't happen in every case e.g. Randall, Toovey, but it happened a lot. Manly were always in the vanguard for this sort of stuff and, albeit other clubs all do it now, they never stopped.
I'd go for Gorrell. I like his play and I reckon the Dragons underrate him.

Inferno

Coach
Update on Gorrell

http://www.thewest.com.au/aapstory.aspx?StoryName=322442

And St George Illawarra hooker Aaron Gorrell could know as soon as Friday whether he'll join Cronulla next season.

The underrated rake is likely to be squeezed out of the Dragons squad due to salary cap restrictions.

"Things are progressing well, it just comes down to dollars," Gorrell's manager, David Riolo, said of discussions with the Sharks.

"It will either be Cronulla or Saints in the NRL."

Things are looking good for us.

samshark

Juniors
You can still have more than 25 fulltimers as long we are under the cap.
I dont think we will have to release anyone.

jc155776

Coach
top 25 is simply those that come under the salary cap, the next lot are your premier league players and go into that cap right??

Macca

Coach
My understanding is that your top 25 are those that are registered at the start of the year under the cap. You can go over 25 after the season starts (I think we did 33 this year) but it's usually blokes that don't end up playing that many games. So it doesn't really effect the salary cap too badly.

A guy like Gorrel will play alot of first grade so he's have to be included in the top 25.

jc155776

Coach
I dont think we need Gorrel really.

Kingston and Kearney in the hooking role is fine. Need to save space for next year when Ricky can buy.

samshark

Juniors
Gorrel would be a good signing. I think he is slightly better than Kingston at this stage. Kingston needs to go up a level next year.

Also, with Gorrel it would allow Stuart more flexibilty in the backs as he wouldnt be forced to include either Covell or Hanny if he wanted to go for other faster outside backs.