What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hows your forward pack looking next year

Iafeta

Referee
aids said:
innsaneink said:
Wests Tigers

Quite a different pack next year with Senter & Sattler retiring. Weve retained Mears I think, and Farah would been pushing for hooker this year but for injury.
New buys include Mark Meredith(Souths), Jarrod Saffy & Tim Mcgann(Union)
Hopefully Meredith will add some much needed go forward.

John Skando
Robbie Farah
Mark Meredith
Mark O'Neill
Anthony Laffranchi
Benny Galea

Robbie Mears
Todd Payten
Bryce Gibbs
Bronson Harrison
Dene Halatau
Tim McGann
Jarrod Saffy

Im sure theres more Ive forgotten.

jobson from warriors and knights

anyone know how long vilisante is on contract for with the warriors?

2 years

Iafeta

Referee
SpaceMonkey said:
kiwi_man said:
8.I.Paleasena
9.N.Fien
10.S.Price(c)
11.R.Wiki
12.A.Guttenbeil
13.M.Betham

15.R.Villisanti
16.S.Fauimuina
17.M.Betham

Fein won't play in the forwards, we need him at 5/8. We've got Betham, Latu and Anderson as hookers anyway, whereas our 5/8 options are all crap (with the possible exception of Ropati but I'd rather see him at centre)

I'd go for:

8: Paleaesina
9: L. Anderson (depends if Latu is fully fit)
10: Price
11: Wiki
12: V. Anderson (he's NOT a centre!)
13: Faumuina

14: Betham
15: Lauaki
16: Villisanti
17: Latu

Space, I like that team. I'd probably in hindsight run with Louis Anderson as starting hooker, and promote Latu from the bench after 20 minutes to break it up. And I'd probably start Monty Betham over Sione Faumuina just to keep it nice and tight early on, Sione was at his best in 2003 coming from the bench and making an impact I thought.

Anywho, this would be mine

8 Iafeta Paleaaesina
9 Louis Anderson
10 Steven Price (c)
11 Ruben Wiki
12 Vince Anderson
13 Monty Betham

Bench

Sione Faumuina - he's got to return to some form, I doubt Kevin Campion
Tevita Latu
Richard Villasanti
Awen Guttenbeil

After that, in terms of forwards you'd have Wairangi Koopu, Evarn Tuimavave, Karl Te Mata, Shannon Stowers, Kane Ferris, Herewini Rangi (I don't believe the France stories to have any truth to them) and then we'd start to look at the outstanding juniors such as Simon Mannering, Iu Sua, Frank-Paul Nauusuala etc. The best thing about having Ruben and Steve in the pack is there A: can't be any complacency and B: Just how much youngsters like Shannon Stowers, and Evarn Tuimavave can learn.

Ray

Juniors
Fein won't play in the forwards, we need him at 5/8. We've got Betham, Latu and Anderson as hookers anyway, whereas our 5/8 options are all crap (with the possible exception of Ropati but I'd rather see him at centre)

I'll go for the opposite, I see Ropati more of a playmaker at standoff than at centre. Ropati's talents would be wasted in the midfield, but he would be a good option at centre if Fien IS prefered at five-eighth.

Stomp

Juniors
The Broncos have alot of fawards at the club, and alot of them can do the job quite well.

Forwards to choose from:

Tom Learyod
David Stagg
Sam Thaiday
Barry Berrigan
Tonie Carroll
Dane Carlaw
Petero Civoniceva
Neville Costigan
Darren Mapp
Corey Parker
Michael Ryan