What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Huge wrap on Parramatta Eels' 17-year-old Bevan French

Chipmunk

Coach
So, the hype was justified after the first season?

Why is it then excessive after three seasons? He already proved he could play after one season.

I don't understand why you are disagreeing with me.

Nah you're right Gary, I've seen the error of my ways. He's been an awesome player, probably the best to come out of the juniors for a long time. At least the most consistent anyway. It's too hard to find his best feature as a player really, because he is awesome at everything. I can't understand for the life of me how he has played such little NRL recently. I'm guessing we're looking at re-signing him though for a fair portion of our salary cap, which is what he rightly deserves. But I guess the market dictates what a player is worth and because he is so good the club just keeps having to fend off offers from all and sundry to keep being the highest bidder.

Eelogical

Referee
Nah you're right Gary, I've seen the error of my ways. He's been an awesome player, probably the best to come out of the juniors for a long time. At least the most consistent anyway. It's too hard to find his best feature as a player really, because he is awesome at everything. I can't understand for the life of me how he has played such little NRL recently. I'm guessing we're looking at re-signing him though for a fair portion of our salary cap, which is what he rightly deserves. But I guess the market dictates what a player is worth and because he is so good the club just keeps having to fend off offers from all and sundry to keep being the highest bidder.

Maybe it's me but I do detect a level of sarcasm in your post. Yeah, it's me.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Quality sarcasm and diversionary tactics but it doesn't change the facts.

1. He lived up to the hype in the early stages of his career (which you were forced to concede).

2. He has since struggled to reach those early heights (which I never once refuted).

Gronk

Staff member
Watching Ado-Carr last night I was wondering why our boy Bevan French could not do the same job. They basically have the same frame and equivalent speed. They also seem to have the same footy smarts. Does it just come down to desire, bravery and confidence?

Avenger

Immortal
Watching Ado-Carr last night I was wondering why our boy Bevan French could not do the same job. They basically have the same frame and equivalent speed. They also seem to have the same footy smarts. Does it just come down to desire, bravery and confidence?
Ado-Carr is a stronger runner and has more powerful leg drive.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Ado-Car looks a bit more solid. He seems thicker.

But it's a good point. French has the ability to play at that level if he applied himself. He was o his way after his first year.

Gronk

Staff member
Is he leaving before Sunday ?

Bev has not been selected in the 21 since Round 11. The problem with mid season transfers is that most clubs will want him on their book for min wage and will pick up the rest. So unless we have a player coming in that fills his spot, what's the point ?

Tooooks

Bench
If you believe their listed weights, French is 2kg lighter, but he is very thin in the legs. He'd really need to work on lower body strength to improve.

chiefy1

Juniors

French is too timid. Period