What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hull News

Mulch

Juniors
After hearing Tommy Saxton has moved to Wakefield perminatly, I heard a rumour that Graeme Horne was on the way out to, Someone said something about him getting released? Has anyone heard anything about it? Possible Clubs?

roughyed8

Juniors
carlnz said:
Great match today between Hull and Leeds, good crowd of over 10,000 too

prety poor crowd actualy considering Leeds travelling support, looked as if 3-4000 Hull fans stayed home to watch on tv this game should pull close to 15,000 easy.

bartman

Immortal
Judging by the scoreline it was a better effort by Hull than previous weeks? They have to perform with commitment to win their fans back to the games.

pmarrow

Juniors
By the way this isn't Richard Horne its his younger (and extrememley crapper) brother Graeme.

The crowd was poor considering a Leeds - Hull game usually gets between 14 - 18,000.

Good to see the lads got the passion back and hopefully we can kick on from this and start winning games again.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I still can't really understand how Motu Tony can be a grand-final standard starting stand-off, a tri-nations winning starting hooker (and he was really outstanding in the tri-nations) and is stuck on the wing (if he's lucky) for Hull. The mysteries of the ESL I guess.

dibviking

Juniors
im sure Motu Tony usually plays fullback, hes good at hooker aswell. Suppose thats what he gets for being versatile!!!!

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Because he has Swain in front of him at hooker and Richard Horne in front of him at stand off. IMO he's better than Horne but Kear and the rest of Hull rate Horne for whatever reason.

But there is no excuse for it when Swain was injured. They played Brough at hooker instead of Tony? Brough, apart from goalkicking, is pretty useless. Moran is the only scrum half worse than him in Super League. Then they play an international hooker, from the world champion side, off the bench? No wonder Kear got the sack.

And thinking about it, it wouldn't be such a bad idea for Wigan to sign Brough on loan or permanently if Hull aren't happy with him, at least he tries hard and kicks goals which is alot more than Moran does.

pmarrow

Juniors
Brough or Horne are going nowhere.

I agree about Motu though but he isn't nowhere near as good as Horne or Cooke. When Swain is injured though, Motu should have his name wrote all over the hooker spot. Saying that we've made more ground forward when Brough has been at hooker then when Motu was.

Its good to have a lot of options in our squad though.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
He's hopeless, that's my only view. He had a good line-up on paper at the Northern Eagles (Kimmorley, Toovey, Muir, Menzies, Ben Walker and more) and they were an absolute disgrace. He went to Melbourne after that and I don't know alot about his time there but not one Melbourne fan has a good thing to say about him. Now he's with us as our defensive coach, and we have only won one game all year (and that was quite lucky).

He's probably better than Kear, but not much. Hopefully he takes some of our crappy players that he seems to rate along with him (nothing against Hull, but I'd like to kill a few birds with one stone).

pmarrow

Juniors
ParraDude_Jay said:
He's hopeless, that's my only view. He had a good line-up on paper at the Northern Eagles (Kimmorley, Toovey, Muir, Menzies, Ben Walker and more) and they were an absolute disgrace. He went to Melbourne after that and I don't know alot about his time there but not one Melbourne fan has a good thing to say about him. Now he's with us as our defensive coach, and we have only won one game all year (and that was quite lucky).

He's probably better than Kear, but not much. Hopefully he takes some of our crappy players that he seems to rate along with him (nothing against Hull, but I'd like to kill a few birds with one stone).

So overall he should be good enough to win the SL for us. :D :lol: