What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt, Folau will find AFL harder : Joel Reddy

intentcity

First Grade
Don't be so bloody stupid.

Twizzle is a huge Aussie Rules fan who knows exactly what the difference is between the two games.

A bit like Jordan Lewis huh?

well, did you see hunt get knocked over at training the other night? he basicly just ran into someone and was put flat on his ass, he just didnt see him, the guy he ran into even tryed to stop him from falling, it was only very lite contact but if you saw it, it explains my point, if you dont see the tackle/bump coming (with or without the ball) it has much more of an effect than if you did see it and braced for it, thats the difference in the 2 codes, look through utube for big hits from the AFL and the big hits from league, the AFL ones are much bigger because in most cases, the player didnt see it coming, the force is obviously lower but the effect is higher.

thats what i mean by how different the pressure of AFL is, you can basicly be hit anytime your within 5 mtrs of the ball, from front/behind/sideways, is this really that hard to understand?, if you'd ever played the game you'd know how it feels when you get ironed out whilst not expecting it.

actualy, about the forcr coment i made, i withdraw it, league tacklers basicly hang back, they arnt running full tilt towards their intended victim, often in AFL the 2 players are running toward each other at full pace, both (mostly) with their eyes on the ball.

Last edited:

AuckMel

Bench
well, did you see hunt get knocked over at training the other night? he basicly just ran into someone and was put flat on his ass, he just didnt see him, the guy he ran into even tryed to stop him from falling, it was only very lite contact but if you saw it, it explains my point, if you dont see the tackle/bump coming (with or without the ball) it has much more of an effect than if you did see it and braced for it, thats the difference in the 2 codes, look through utube for big hits from the AFL and the big hits from league, the AFL ones are much bigger because in most cases, the player didnt see it coming, the force is obviously lower but the effect is higher.

thats what i mean by how different the pressure of AFL is, you can basicly be hit anytime your within 5 mtrs of the ball, from front/behind/sideways, is this really that hard to understand?, if you'd ever played the game you'd know how it feels when you get ironed out whilst not expecting it.

*Yawn*

Save it for the uneducated.

intentcity

First Grade
the 360 degree argument is a fallacy

as much as some AFL fans would like to believe the sun shines out of the hero's arse, even they dont have eyes in the back of their head

players rely on thier team mates to tell them if they are in the clear

just look at Milburn getting run down against the Weagles, he turned around and blew up at his team mates for net telling him he had to get rid of the ball,

how do you think Travis Varcoe makes so many tackles, he runs them down from behind

but hey its AFL, they are superhuman, pretty piss poor argument

this is why i consider you an idiot, yes milburn was run down, but what does that prove? you've obviously never played aussie rules mate and if you did, it wouldve been some u9 comp, if you did play aussie rules at any sort of competitive level, you would know opposition players "scream out" YOUR HOT YOUR HOT, when your not, if you played at any sort of competitive level, you would know that a lot of your team mates are screaming for the ball because they are free, its bloody hard to tell whats going on in the talk department at times let me tell you, and as i said before, AFL players dont even hear the whistle sometimes the crowds are that noisy, as a league fan i forgive you for not believing that though.;-)

but as i said, its great to see this site feels the need to have 2 bias league muppets guard the AFL forum, we cant have any "facts" getting out now can we? lol.

Last edited:

intentcity

First Grade
Don't be so bloody stupid.

Twizzle is a huge Aussie Rules fan who knows exactly what the difference is between the two games.

A bit like Jordan Lewis huh?[/QUOTE]

again, what a stupid comment, did you see where jordan lewis was looking at the point of impact? directly behind him, wow, how stupid are league people, seriously, im all for scrapping the 45mill the AFL are getting to upgrade the showgrounds, but only if they promise to put that money into education for league fans.

but hey mel, if you'd like to post the big hits of league id be more than happy to post the big hits of the AFL, and as a sweatener, i wont even repost the 2 i allready have, hows that?

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
this is why i consider you an idiot, yes milburn was run down, but what does that prove? you've obviously never played aussie rules mate and if you did, it wouldve been some u9 comp, if you did play aussie rules at any sort of competitive level, you would know opposition players "scream out" YOUR HOT YOUR HOT, when your not, if you played at any sort of competitive level, you would know that a lot of your team mates are screaming for the ball because they are free, its bloody hard to tell whats going on in the talk department at times let me tell you, and as i said before, AFL players dont even hear the whistle sometimes the crowds are that noisy, as a league fan i forgive you for not believing that though.;-)

but as i said, its great to see this site feels the need to have 2 bias league muppets guard the AFL forum, we cant have any "facts" getting out now can we? lol.

I played the game for ages

Like I said, repeating what you've already said doesn't make your argument any stronger.

You're the only one showing any bias, I'm just bagging you, not AFL

intentcity

First Grade
read back at the crap you've been posting

no point in regurgitating the same crap that you've already posted

didn't make sense the first time, repeating it makes even less sense

so reddings wrong too? you know more than him? imbecile.

as i said, great to see 2 league fans gaurding the AFL forum, looking through some of these threads, you pretty much jump on anyone who has the nerve to suggest aussierules could be harder than league in any way let alone most ways. great stuff, keep up the good work boys, your doing your code proud.

Last edited:

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
LOL i'm probably the only AFL hater to walk in this thread. This is posted in an AFL forum, Twizzle has long been known to be a fan of both codes. You have some great insecurities intenticity, coming on an RL forum... spamming the main boards, then pushing your 'secret' agenda on these niche forums.

As per the actual discussion, its pretty damn repetitive in this thread... your point has been countered intentcity, this is where you come up with an adequate response instead of restating the initial point.

Paullyboy

Coach
AFL is for people who can't tackle properly and have a tendency to fumble a ball. That is the extent of it. Why bother trying to justify it any further?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
so reddings wrong too? you know more than him? imbecile.

as i said, great to see 2 league fans gaurding the AFL forum, looking through some of these threads, you pretty much jump on anyone who has the nerve to suggest aussierules could be harder than league in any way let alone most ways. great stuff, keep up the good work boys, your doing your code proud.

Reddings ?

who's the imbecile ?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
redding, redder, blueers for all i care mate, i dont follow league in the slightest.

you claimed to be a follower of both codes in your previous posts, so any credibility you had has now been shot to hell

your nothing but a clueless troll

intentcity

First Grade
you claimed to be a follower of both codes in your previous posts, so any credibility you had has now been shot to hell

your nothing but a clueless troll

prveious posts? do you mean on the NRL board? of course i had to pretend i followed both codes, but thats only as pathetic as you pretending to be an AFL follower on this board isnt it?

but as i said mate, do you know better than reddy do you?

eagles4eva

First Grade
prveious posts? do you mean on the NRL board? of course i had to pretend i followed both codes, but thats only as pathetic as you pretending to be an AFL follower on this board isnt it?

but as i said mate, do you know better than reddy do you?

What a gutless clown, of course i had to pretend i followed both codes oh lala, put a skirt on, were you scared, did you want to fit in?? OH and you didn't make any friends while you were here!

Man up and be yourself :lol::lol::lol:

intentcity

First Grade
What a gutless clown, of course i had to pretend i followed both codes oh lala, put a skirt on, were you scared, did you want to fit in?? OH and you didn't make any friends while you were here!

Man up and be yourself :lol::lol::lol:

no, any AFL fan on this site who isnt a complete one eyed league muppet is banned pronto, now i have been banned from the main board i dont need to pretend anymore, get it?

eagles4eva

First Grade
no, any AFL fan on this site who isnt a complete one eyed league muppet is banned pronto, now i have been banned from the main board i dont need to pretend anymore, get it?

Get nothing girly,

But what i do get, I get a fumbleball fan joining a RL site to troll and stir up crap... yeah get that...

Get a fumbleball fan being insecure and needing to advocate about their fumbleball sport..

And i get a fumbleball fan sprouting crap "that i follow both sports, please like me"

Grow a set,

intentcity

First Grade
Get nothing girly,

But what i do get, I get a fumbleball fan joining a RL site to troll and stir up crap... yeah get that...

Get a fumbleball fan being insecure and needing to advocate about their fumbleball sport..

And i get a fumbleball fan sprouting crap "that i follow both sports, please like me"

Grow a set,

no, i joined this site to counteract all the anti AFL sh*t that goes on here, its just laughable, most people on this site are more interested in showing their hate for the AFL than showing their love for the NRL, now thats pathetic, scared liitle no necks lol.