What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt has asked for a release

SHOULD BEN HUNT BE MOVED ON BEFORE THE 2024 SEASON?

• Yes

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

56to66

Juniors
The journos have made this, Ben Hunt vs St George Management.
They can come up with all these excuses for Ben, at the end of the day, he's on a contract around $850000 a season ( not $50000 a season, even though he played like one vs the Sharks), another Qld NRL club has taken opportunity to create even more upheaval by offering more money to break his contract.
Nuh pee off Media!

Gareth67

First Grade
Hunt went to Monday’s meeting saying that he intended to remain with the Dragons for the rest of this season , then hoping to revisit the possibility of a early release at seasons end .

So if the latest media cackling can be believed , then he has once again changed his mind ? If I was running the Dragons den , I would contact the little sod and ask him if there was indeed any truth to this rumour and if so , bring him back to the negotiating table and demand ‘ X ‘ amount of dollars .

‘ X ‘ being a very high figure , enough to compensate the Dragons for the dollars paid to him . If he ( or his prospective club ) cannot come up with this proposed figure then tell him that he will see out the remainder of his full contract .

Enough is enough the Dragons need to start afresh next year , with or without this upstart .

Last edited:

Illusion

Bench
Hunt went to Monday’s meeting saying that he intended to remain with the Dragons for the rest of this season , then hoping to revisit the possibility of a early release at seasons end .

So if the latest media cackling can be believed , then he has once again changed his mind ? If I was running Dragons den , I would contact the little sod and ask him if there was indeed any truth to this rumour and if so , bring him back to the negotiating table and demand ‘ X ‘ amount of dollars .

‘ X ‘ being of a very high amount , enough to compensate the Dragons for the dollars paid to him . If he ( or his prospective club ) cannot come up with a proposed figure then tell him that he will see out the remainder of his full contract .

Enough is enough the Dragons need to start afresh next year , with or without this upstart .
Exactly this .......

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I read somewhere that Matt Lodge requested a release from his contract with the Roosters. Nick Politis told him there would be no release, and he must report to their feeder club at North Sydney for the rest of his contract.

What we need then, is a feeder club in say, Coonamble. Would force Ben Hunt to stay with the club while getting him out of the face of the blokes who genuinely want to play for the Dragons.

None of this is intended as a slur against Coonamble by the way. Just seemed a good distance away from the Illawarra, and being closer to Queensland could be presented as a win-win for both B Hunt and the club.

SEAT 1A

Bench
I have a feeling Hunt will somehow come down with a mysterious injury from Origin 3. I doubt he will play for us again.

The fact we hold the cards for his contract, then negotiating a preferred swap deal is paramount, nit the deal we want equals no Hunt. A lot of names can be thrown around but in reality it's a like for like scenario. Not in terms of playing position, but a rep player of the same or equal standard. However, I would be happy with Fotuaika and Khan-Periera as a slightly lesser deal.

As far as captain, JDB is busting his gut and leading by example, so he is an obvious choice. Giving it to Lomax may make him 'wake-up' to his responsibilities, but DeBelin is the #1 choice.

Yes, we all know Ben wants out and press can keep bagging on about it.

Media pressure is not going to help any more. If Ben wants to talk to anyone, speak to the club that wants him and tell them get the deal done with us. It's that simple know and he can stay in QLD.

Good luck to the team or teams explaining to their players are out.

BLM01

First Grade
Maybe. But people were saying the same thing when the initial story broke about him asking for a release.

Turns out they were 100% right.
The release no doubt. But as far as playing his last game etc etc
And I read.. the release they are so called going to seek after origin is for next year
Anyway they wont rest until he is gone or we win some games

YoHadrian

Juniors
None of this is intended as a slur against Coonamble by the way. Just seemed a good distance away from the Illawarra, and being closer to Queensland could be presented as a win-win for both B Hunt and the club.

Coonabarabran Unicorns seem like a good club to dump him for the duration of his contract.

He can wash jerseys & clean boots for the real players there.