What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt has asked for a release

SHOULD BEN HUNT BE MOVED ON BEFORE THE 2024 SEASON?

• Yes

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jak

Bench
The bloke is a selfish twat

He wanted a clause in his contract guaranteeing Hook remain coach or he could walk. The club didn’t grant his request.

If he were a top class player he should have been able to attract similar players but in reality all he could attract were has been busted broncos.

He should be dropped to 2nds after this last saga and be left to rot there until the club draws an acceptable offer for him,
being a selfish twat,in my opinion is what cost him the dally m last year has not been happy since

since77

Juniors

SBD82

Coach
Broken promises huh? I thought we were promised an elite halfback, a top tier game manager and a playmaker who was capable of making clutch plays in the late stages of a game. Guess I’m feeling pretty dudded on that…..
We need to finalise a deal with another club for next year as a priority.

The longer they watch him play, the more likely they are to figure out that he’s not a 7.

BLM01

First Grade
Broken promises huh? I thought we were promised an elite halfback, a top tier game manager and a playmaker who was capable of making clutch plays in the late stages of a game. Guess I’m feeling pretty dudded on that…..
Thank god we did not pay $800 for Kikau. Dogs can enjoy him
The snowball Hunt talked about did not eventuate.
Where are all the brokewn promises? Hook getting sacked in 2023. Should of been October 2022.

SGMax

Juniors
Whatever the facts are, and I doubt a lot of what BH is claiming, why is he continuing to go to the media with all of this?
Have some respect for the club that is paying you a lot of money and stop disrupting the team's preparations.
Its clear who the mole was last year where every internal matter was being leaked to the media.
I thought it was a disgruntled Kerr or Fui...but it was likely our best paid player and captain.

If its not in your contract then you can't use it to get out of it.
The Dragons refused to include guaratees about the coach and other signings in the contract but Ben Hunt thinks he should be able to break the contract anyway.

dragonreddy

Juniors
Thank god we did not pay $800 for Kikau. Dogs can enjoy him
The snowball Hunt talked about did not eventuate.
Where are all the brokewn promises? Hook getting sacked in 2023. Should of been October 2022.
I know its sort of off topic for this thread ,but yes, we dodged a big bullet not signing Kikau ,he seemed clueless at the Bulldogs until his injury.
Seemed to me he needed he didnt adjust to playing with his new inside men at all, so that would have been another waste of money in recruitment.

dungay dragon

Juniors
Like game 2, he probably won’t be on the park long enough to get injured in game 3….
Dear Ben
This bullshit about you Demanding another meeting with the Club to seek a release is a non event ...............
1 Unless your preferred Club of choice is prepared to negotiate a like for like swap , or finacial compensation that suits us you are going nowhere
2 You have a water tight contract with the Club for 2024 2025
3 There is no exit clause re Coaching preference
4 No One is bigger than the Game itself
5 No one will hold this Club to Ransom
6 Pull your head in , introduce yourself to the NSW Cup Coach , because thats where you will be playing for the rest of the Year

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
IMO, wherever Hunt ends up, he will not be a true success. Yes, he will help win a few games but will not make that team premiership winners. He will most probably be the captain at that other club so it will be Huntball. If Hunt is signed elsewhere other than the Bulldogs or the Raiders (an unlikely destination for him there), I cannot see him playing half back at say the Broncos or Titans (north of the border destination is what he wants or so he says anyway).

Him staying with us in the remaining months of 2023 will bring about more bad vibes and disharmony and more whinging. I wish he could go sooner rather than later but with compensation of course.