What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt has asked for a release

SHOULD BEN HUNT BE MOVED ON BEFORE THE 2024 SEASON?

• Yes

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hunt not a leader needs to shut up about himself and lomax wanting to leave it is dragging the team down.
Give the captaincy to someone else that the team will listen to during games.
Yeah, I couldn’t believe he said that.

Seems his recent repentance wasn’t genuine at all, as everyone here called at the time.

The public should have got their info from you guys here, not the Ben Hunt spin team.

A captain white-anting his own club, as soon as there are a few on field challenges, as soon as he’s needed to step up, it’s appalling.

I’ve never seen it before.

Even Latrell who has the IQ of a traffic cone, when he stops swearing, he avoids statements that could harm his club and the big kid is completely out of control.

Do it for the kids who love the club., Hunt is a shocking role model. He has no values, no insight, spoilt and it’s all about him.

It’s getting embarrassing.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
James Graham showing a lot of empathy for SGI fans on his Richo interview podcast. Blaming management basically. Solid.
Yes, our management has plenty to answer for with the years of misery we have been going through but we cannot have this blame being brought up every year when it has been said over and over like a stuck record. We have to overcome the way that the club decided on who was to coach the team after Bennett. They made poor decisions and we have got to get over them and become more resilient and stronger and play with more purpose and belief.

It will be tough as nails but they have to fight on with or without having players running the club down.

Bennett leaving clubs has a bad curse on the coaches taking over. Watch out Kristian Woolf.
Bennett has done it to Jason Demetriou, he did it with Steve Price, the next coach after him at Newcastle, Ivan Henjak and later Hook at Brisbane. The curse of Wayne Bennett - they should make a movie on that.

And Lomax will be in the same category unless he comes out and clears the air.
Yeah, my guess is that he’s not too happy with Bunt throwing him under the bus.

Even if he wants out, a public airing courtesy of his captain ( ffs!) makes things more complex. Not that Bunt would understand. He couldn’t even apologise.

Managerially, Flanno only has 2 years, so massive pressure is on him to make a success of some kind in that very very short time frame.

Therefore he’d be loathe to send Bunt north in a hurry because of the “unfortunate” fact that he can play.

If Flanno was given 3 or 4 years, expectations more realistic, he could plan a bit better.

A few wins would do wonders for all concerned but it’s not easy atm.

Last edited:
I watched the presser and Bunts reference to focus for the next set, I understand it, but it wasn’t working and he should have switched to another tactic.

Ive watched a lot of press conferences and I think we were watching two people who are not on the same page in any way.

“Lost some speed in the middle” became “soft tries” became a classic quote and imho I like Flannos honesty.

Ben’s body language ( @blue bags ), well hand over mouth, classic defensive posture, spoke volumes. They both couldn’t wait to leave, barely looked at each other, gesturing to go several times.

It might be nerves, but Flanno looked beyond furious.

Four starting forwards return, that’s a massive relief so I’m expecting a much improved performance.

Does anyone see any Bunt Flanno love? They can barely tolerate each other.

I’d prefer Bunt not to be at press conferences because he’s a reminder of bad things. I see him as Bunt, not the revered SGI captain.

I saw some of the spark Flanno saw in the first half, at least it was uplifting. Probably makes the second half more miserable.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
I watched the presser and Bunts reference to focus for the next set, I understand it, but it wasn’t working and he should have switched to another tactic.

Ive watched a lot of press conferences and I think we were watching two people who are not on the same page in any way.

“Lost some speed in the middle” became “soft tries” became a classic quote and imho I like Flannos honesty.

Ben’s body language ( @blue bags ), well hand over mouth, classic defensive posture, spoke volumes. They both couldn’t wait to leave, barely looked at each other, gesturing to go several times.

It might be nerves, but Flanno looked beyond furious.

Four starting forwards return, that’s a massive relief so I’m expecting a much improved performance.

Does anyone see any Bunt Flanno love? They can barely tolerate each other.

I’d prefer Bunt not to be at press conferences because he’s a reminder of bad things. I see him as Bunt, not the revered SGI captain.

I saw some of the spark Flanno saw in the first half, at least it was uplifting. Probably makes the second half more miserable.
Yes it was pretty obvious at the presser that there was no love for each other. I noticed Flanno glaring with a look of disgust at Hunt when Hunt was asked the first question. The body language of Hunt was such that he wasn't happy being at the presser.

Losing a game makes everyone unhappy. Losing a game by many points to the Dolphins and Cowboys brings about bad energy.

Yes it was pretty obvious at the presser that there was no love for each other. I noticed Flanno glaring with a look of disgust at Hunt when Hunt was asked the first question. The body language of Hunt was such that he wasn't happy being at the presser.

Losing a game makes everyone unhappy. Losing a game by many points to the Dolphins and Cowboys brings about bad energy.
Yeah, just the manner in which the game fell away must have been incredibly painful for you.

Mojo

Bench

I find Hunt unbelievably bad in press ‘conferences’. He reminds me of Marvin, the paranoid android in “The Hitchhiker‘s Guide to the Galaxy”, which begs the question: in what universe is he the Captain of this great club?

When are we going to wake up to ourselves? The guy is not a priceless talent. He’s not a tactician. He’s not a leader. He’s a tough little dude from Dingo who can spot an opportunity to run the ball.

At the very least can’t we give the Captaincy to a player who loves the club and has earned the respect of the other players?

Dragon David

First Grade
Yeah, just the manner in which the game fell away must have been incredibly painful for you.
I was more disappointed in the way we played against the Dolphins or should I say didn't play. Getting done 38 to nil was not a good result at all.

Our game plan was not set up at all well by our coaches. It was mentioned on this forum that our kicking game has been dreadful and that first high kick for Lomax to challenge the ex Dragons junior Jack Bostock in the first 5 minutes has been typical of our luck lately. What Hunt should have realised was Bostock is a tall lad at 1.94 metres and he outjumped Lomax clearly and then raced away and passed to Hammer for the Dolphins first try. The Dolphins just had to keep their defence up and we didn't have any answers to score points while they easily did because our defence was the opposite.

The Cowboys game of course was extremely disappointing - we were scoring points at will as if the day belonged to the Dragons but the bombed try by Mariner was the killer and massive turning point. I would normally yell out in anger but I stifled that because I just couldn't believe that a sitter was just not taken by Mariner. We score and the story of that day might have been completely different, although I can see that The Cowboys have more of a fighting spirit this year and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they make the top 4 - not that winning against us is a good yardstick measurement for their future games.

Anyway, life must go on and footy will be around for years to come with those who are still quite young enough able to maybe see a premiership won again by the Dragons and in your case Silverdale, the Tigers who actually show a lot of promise particularly beating the Sharks so convincingly the other day.

TheRev was the guy who mentioned the kicks by us -
TheRev said:
Although I do agree that Hunt doesnt seem to find the grass often with his kicks (and surely this comes up in the video reviews), I think he is under pressure due to our poor sets more often than not.

The other thing is I think its a ploy to kick to Lomax every time, let him work out of his corner and he is far less of a threat when it comes to catching attacking bombs.. he is doing so much work.. it could also be that they see lomax/bird as much less of a linebreak threat versus suli/rava..

I find Hunt unbelievably bad in press ‘conferences’. He reminds me of Marvin, the paranoid android in “The Hitchhiker‘s Guide to the Galaxy”, which begs the question: in what universe is he the Captain of this great club?

When are we going to wake up to ourselves? The guy is not a priceless talent. He’s not a tactician. He’s not a leader. He’s a tough little dude from Dingo who can spot an opportunity to run the ball.

At the very least can’t we give the Captaincy to a player who loves the club and has earned the respect of the other players?
Blake Lawrie is a natural leader.

I was more disappointed in the way we played against the Dolphins or should I say didn't play. Getting done 38 to nil was not a good result at all.

Our game plan was not set up at all well by our coaches. It was mentioned on this forum that our kicking game has been dreadful and that first high kick for Lomax to challenge the ex Dragons junior Jack Bostock in the first 5 minutes has been typical of our luck lately. What Hunt should have realised was Bostock is a tall lad at 1.94 metres and he outjumped Lomax clearly and then raced away and passed to Hammer for the Dolphins first try. The Dolphins just had to keep their defence up and we didn't have any answers to score points while they easily did because our defence was the opposite.

The Cowboys game of course was extremely disappointing - we were scoring points at will as if the day belonged to the Dragons but the bombed try by Mariner was the killer and massive turning point. I would normally yell out in anger but I stifled that because I just couldn't believe that a sitter was just not taken by Mariner. We score and the story of that day might have been completely different, although I can see that The Cowboys have more of a fighting spirit this year and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they make the top 4 - not that winning against us is a good yardstick measurement for their future games.

Anyway, life must go on and footy will be around for years to come with those who are still quite young enough able to maybe see a premiership won again by the Dragons and in your case Silverdale, the Tigers who actually show a lot of promise particularly beating the Sharks so convincingly the other day.

TheRev was the guy who mentioned the kicks by us -
TheRev said:
Although I do agree that Hunt doesnt seem to find the grass often with his kicks (and surely this comes up in the video reviews), I think he is under pressure due to our poor sets more often than not.

The other thing is I think its a ploy to kick to Lomax every time, let him work out of his corner and he is far less of a threat when it comes to catching attacking bombs.. he is doing so much work.. it could also be that they see lomax/bird as much less of a linebreak threat versus suli/rava..
Thanks for your time writing this up, furthering my knowledge, I appreciate it.

But even the regrettable miss by Mariner, well there’s no way on earth that this error should have impacted so terribly and annihilated the balance of your game.

Thats the point in time that the game changed, but I think to use it as an explanation or even an excuse, makes me feel uncomfortable.

It’s a point in time, it doesn’t account for the rubbish afterwards.

Otherwise, teams that muff sitters would collapse. That doesn’t make sense.

The cows screwed up bad, over and over, but they “ found a way”

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Thanks for your time writing this up, furthering my knowledge, I appreciate it.

But even the regrettable miss by Mariner, well there’s no way on earth that this error should have impacted so terribly and annihilated the balance of your game.

Thats the point in time that the game changed, but I think to use it as an explanation or even an excuse, makes me feel uncomfortable.

It’s a point in time, it doesn’t account for the rubbish afterwards.

Otherwise, teams that muff sitters would collapse. That doesn’t make sense.

The cows screwed up bad, over and over, but they “ found a way”
Yes, the rubbish afterwards eventually got me to not watch the last 10 minutes. As I say, life goes on the best you can and footy is a sport that will be around for many a year. Golf and cricket are other sports I like to watch.

Keep your spirits up Silverdale.

I'm still with the boys. There's enough commentary happening at the moment to add anything further.
Yeah, don’t get me wrong, I’m still with your lads and still on the Flanno myself.

It was a good and well balanced press conference from Flanno.

He covered the technical deficiencies but didn’t ignore the catastrophic elements.
Very impressive.

Hunt should stand aside as captain, give someone else a go. Focus on his game or family reasons.

Putting aside our disgust at his treatment of the club, members, sponsors and fans- it’s just not working out.

The board should intervene. Sorry Flanno.

Yes, the rubbish afterwards eventually got me to not watch the last 10 minutes. As I say, life goes on the best you can and footy is a sport that will be around for many a year. Golf and cricket are other sports I like to watch.

Keep your spirits up Silverdale.
Yeah I’m ok.

I tipped the tigers to beat Cronulla, so that was good. But one win is…one win.

Every dog has its day.

I am just a bit shocked you went down like that.

Latest posts