What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt, Lockyer and Bennett are all the best at what they do.

headache

Juniors
Why did your arguement only consist of QLD players ? I can name a few fullbacks i think are better than Hunt.i.e. Minichelo , Patten , Mckinnon ,Burt. I agree with Locky being number 1.Bennett good coach but what a whiner:roll:

Brisbane >than every team in the comp. Most successful team of the modern era. f**k any1 that says anything negative about a broncos player, caz the fact of the matter is, everybody envies the success of the Brisbane Broncos. END OF STORY.

Stewie Griffin

Juniors
Lets look at this statement. It states that Hunt, Lockyer and Bennett are the best at what they do. Lets see. What is the main requirement of being a fullback. Scoring tries? I thought that most important thing a fullback has to do was catch the ball and bring it back to their advantage, safely. I'm not going to go far as to say Hunt is the best at it, but hell he is damn good at it. I wouldn't have anyone else to catch bombs and bring back the ball other than Hunt. I'm sure and certain that Bowen can be a lot more lethal in bring back the ball, but he sure isn't safe.

Lockyer. I think of him as more of a captain than a magnificient playmaker. I don't think that any player presently comes close to that of Lockyer in terms of what he has achieved whilst being a captain.

Bennett. Don't you have coaches so you can win premierships? Having seen Bennett do it 6 times, I've got no questions that he is the best at what he does. And don't argue that the Broncos were gifted with the talent, because talent itself does not equal premierships. You have to have a coach who can keep the heads on players so that they don't fall out of the radar like most rookies do.

Noa

First Grade
bowen_1 said:
Bowen > McKinnon > Inglis > Stewart > Hayne > Minichiello > Slater > Hunt.

C'mon, dont you feel slightly embarressed running away from high kicks and your feeble attempt at tackling some-times.

Id have thought theyd both be slightly important factors when considering the best fullback.

scuzzi

Juniors
If they could clone Hunt and Bowen's love child somehow, genetically assigning the best skills of each player to a new super fullback called "Bunt", he still wouldn't be anywhere near as good as Lockyer was at fullback.

Knightmare

Coach
Glory be Lockyer said:
Brisbane >than every team in the comp. Most successful team of the modern era. f**k any1 that says anything negative about a broncos player, caz the fact of the matter is, everybody envies the success of the Brisbane Broncos. END OF STORY.

Sounds like a true Broncos fan, safely cocooned up here in insular Queensland with his Broncos flag in one hand and the gospel that is 'The Courier Mail' in the other. Should I tell him the awful truth or let this guy go on living in his fantasy world?

scuzzi

Juniors
Knightmare said:
Should I tell him the awful truth or let this guy go on living in his fantasy world?

Tell the awful "truth", i wanna hear what kind of crap your going to come up with.

salivor

First Grade
Knightmare said:
Sounds like a true Broncos fan, safely cocooned up here in insular Queensland with his Broncos flag in one hand and the gospel that is 'The Courier Mail' in the other. Should I tell him the awful truth or let this guy go on living in his fantasy world?

Yeah why not, couldn't be any more of a fizzer than last nights latest anti-Broncos thread from yourself. Laughter is good for the soul.

lil ripsta

Minichiello is the best fullback in the game when fully fit!.
The only reason cutie made the Australian team was coz Minichiello was injured for that year. He had the most kick return metres this year before he got injured again.
He has'nt had enough game time in the 2 seasons he's been injured to prove to the selectors that he is back to his old self again. cutie has only been the Australian fullback for the 2 seasons Minis been injured. As soon as he is fully fit and plays a full season i'm sure the selectors will go back to Mini. I bet cutie won't play aswell as Minichiello does in a struggling team. He performs every game even when the roosters are getting a hiding.
Imagine what Minichiello would be like running off Lockyer every game and behind a forward pack like the Broncoes. Lockyer can make any player look good and thats exactly what he's doing to cutie.

miccle

Bench
Damn, seriously who cares?

All of this "best player" crap is so subjective. I respect numerous players in the game and they all have their own attributes and styles.

Fair dinkum, the crap spouted from the mouths of some broncos fans gets the bile bubbling at the back of my throat. Of course Hunt is my favourite fullback in the comp - I love the way that he polays for us and he is a great part of my team. Other people don't feel the same way at all - meh, no skin off my back. I hope all club CEO's agree with them and we can keep him for life.

Look, we can have our gloat and say we're the premiers because that is currently very true. Top team in 2006, won another great grand final and we are the reigning champions in the NRL.

But give it a few months and it's likely that will change. Ho-hum, that's football - and I'll always think my team is the best regardless of how long it's been since the last flag.

Knightmare

Coach
I could start with exclusivity clauses and the way the "club" has constantly defied the game's ruling body since day 1 but meh, I have work to go to. But believe me, nobody hates the Broncos for their success.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I am no Broncos fan, and even less a Hunt fan, but i rate him and Brett Stewart very highly, based on their defensive, postional game and being pretty safe under the high ball. They are probably the 2 best at the moment for me, not counting Mini in that because he hasn't played.

As for who is number 1 out of them, i would have to go Stewart probably. Has been doing it all this season, scoring his tries, line breaks, catching the hard balls under pressure, and defensively gone to another level, always in the right place, held Mason up twice in 1 match, and that tackle on marsh last week was something special

Latest posts