What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt to 9

St.Brisbane

Juniors
Great to see Hunt finally being moved to 9. However the way it is apparently being implemented illustrates everything that is wrong with the club. It appears Hunt will start at 7 and only move to 9 when we start to struggle. Why not back Sullivan and let him start? Show some confidence in the young man and the decision. It seems unfair to potentially bring him on when we might already be in a difficult situation

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Great to see Hunt finally being moved to 9. However the way it is apparently being implemented illustrates everything that is wrong with the club. It appears Hunt will start at 7 and only move to 9 when we start to struggle. Why not back Sullivan and let him start? Show some confidence in the young man and the decision. It seems unfair to potentially bring him on when we might already be in a difficult situation
Tigers are a great bet, Dragons leadership has been led kicking and screaming to make this move…they will sabotage any possible positive, they aren’t fair dinkum, as we used to say.

Dragon David

First Grade
Tigers are a great bet, Dragons leadership has been led kicking and screaming to make this move…they will sabotage any possible positive, they aren’t fair dinkum, as we used to say.

Hunt won't put his heart into this arrangement. We will lose and he will say that he knew it wouldn't work with the hope he doesn't ever again play hooker for the Dragons.

I envisage Mbye again starting at hooker and will be in that position for all of the first half. After 10 minutes of the second half Hook will put Hunt into the 9 position and bring Sullivan on. This will last for 20 minutes, then Mbye will come back on for the remaining time of the match.

If this change of Hunt being the hooker being implemented, it should be for the entire game and Sullivan in the 7 the same.

TruSaint

Referee

Hunt won't put his heart into this arrangement. We will lose and he will say that he knew it wouldn't work with the hope he doesn't ever again play hooker for the Dragons.

I envisage Mbye again starting at hooker and will be in that position for all of the first half. After 10 minutes of the second half Hook will put Hunt into the 9 position and bring Sullivan on. This will last for 20 minutes, then Mbye will come back on for the remaining time of the match.

If this change of Hunt being the hooker being implemented, it should be for the entire game and Sullivan in the 7 the same.

Imagine going into a spoon battle with your Captain saying " I dont Like playing there "..

That's the spirit Ben.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
It is strange with Hunt as on the Dragons Den Podcast, he mentions it himself that he is preparing for a transition to the No.9 for the youngsters to come in. He probably feels they are not ready yet but that I put on Hook as he should have given the guys more time rather than play Corey Norman, Mbye and whoever else. I think he wanted this year at 7 at least and can see it is coming earlier than expected.

The press are really beating this up about him moving if Hook is sent as Hunt's manager came out last weekend and said Hunt has not agitated for a move. I will be surprised if he does move but if so that is his call and I am sure Saints will be ok and can spend the money to keep the youngsters. The new coach just needs to sell him his ideas and hopefully get him on board.

TheRev

Coach
If nothing else, Sullivan needs to be blooded properly @7 so we can see what we are working with...and this is a long process.. not like blooding a winger.. and im frustrated because we are going into a brutal period of the draw.. and of course it'll be Sullivans fault if somehow miraculously we cant seem to beat the better sides despite being on a 5 run losing streak against the bottom teams.

Whatever coach is coming in, at this point cant be sure which spine members he is keeping or recruiting.

Rocket Rod

Juniors
If nothing else, Sullivan needs to be blooded properly @7 so we can see what we are working with...and this is a long process.. not like blooding a winger.. and im frustrated because we are going into a brutal period of the draw.. and of course it'll be Sullivans fault if somehow miraculously we cant seem to beat the better sides despite being on a 5 run losing streak against the bottom teams.

Whatever coach is coming in, at this point cant be sure which spine members he is keeping or recruiting.
The broncos persevered with their youngsters for several seasons, even SuperCoach couldn’t get them going , and had hard times like us and now they are reaping the rewards. You can see that there is a bond between all of them and not a bunch of over the hill misfits thrown together with no real connection.

300 in and he'll lead from the front
5 hit ups and then the usual punt
Hell play the entire game wearing the 7
Thinking Bud's on the bench and that's just heaven
And that's why he is a Hunt.
I see why you might be aggrieved.
My plan perhaps ill-conceived
As you are wiser
Mr ‘Old Timer’
Post game I will follow your lead. :D

Latest posts