What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hutchinson .... I'm sorry

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
I really want to be positive about this kid BUT, he does not run the football. Ever! Players who run the football ask questions of the opposition and this kid will never pose a problem for the opposition. Kicking game? Looks OK. But why is he kicking the ball into touch when we are attacking the opposition line as he did on two occasions last night? The other problem he has is that he passes the ball 5-10 meters from the defensive line meaning you only have to slide in defence and sweat on the men outside him (hence the intercept last night).

Sorry folks but he is an absolute plodder.

Plodder? Really? This after seeing him in 2 and a half games of first grade. You might be jumping the gun quite a but there, old boy.

RedVDave

First Grade
Thought he was very good in the 1st half a little quiet in the 2nd but that's ok for now.

I guess if begs the question why wasn't he picked against the Broncs?

Its typical we have fans carrying on when juniors leave but also carry on about guys who stay wtf do you actually want.

I am glad the club would never consider some fans as a judge of talent.

Oh lafai again why the fact would you care your not a Dragons fan.

The Cobra

Juniors
He has played 1 1st grade game ffs,give him a go.he is the NSW under20 5/8 & skipper & I read somewhere he is also the Junior Kangaroos 5/8,ffsake give him a chance to show what he has as far as talent goes,I'm f**kn sure he didn't make those rep sides for no reason!!

hazzbeen

Bench
He has played 1 1st grade game ffs,give him a go.he is the NSW under20 5/8 & skipper & I read somewhere he is also the Junior Kangaroos 5/8,ffsake give him a chance to show what he has as far as talent goes,I'm f**kn sure he didn't make those rep sides for no reason!!

Cobra... right on give the guy a chance to show what he can do. yea he will make mistakes on the way but for f...k sake give him time to adjust...

giboz71

First Grade
If Hutch continues to develop, he will be the perfect foil for either Widdop or Benji. They need to be main playmakers, so struggle to play together.

The future will be one of these 2 and hopefully Hutch.

He's very steady and has a good kicking game, will be good to eventually see him run. Hopefully he gets managed properly so he develops like other good young players.

grandorient

Bench
Important to remember that we don't know Mary's instructions to him.

I believe he will turn out to be a goodun.

GO

Rob Dragon

Juniors
I have seen Hutchinson play live on 10 occasions. He is a PLODDER. Lets be clear on this:

1. I am all for promoting our juniors. Unfortunately for various circumstances we were not able to keep Hastings and Bird.

2. He never, ever, ever runs the ball. Halves like him can only ever shine behind dominant go forward packs. Thinks Trent Hodgkinson and Jamie Soward. He will never ask a single question of the defense.

3. He is slow.

4. He passes the ball 5-10 meters from he defensive line. He never, ever engages the defensive line. Ever! The best halves go to the line with the ball out in front of them and ask a question of the defense.

5. As for being the NSW Under 20's Captain; all I can say is god help NSW. We will be consigned to another 10 years of SOO agony if he is the best we have coming through.

Sorry lad's; and I love the Dragons as much as you and I respect your various opinions and input; but this kid will not lead us out of the desert.

BUT...the other young halfback (Shannon Crook) has a bit to like about him and young Aitken has been very good in his first year in the top grade. It was a pity that Fonua-Blake went off the rails because he did look capable of stepping up as well.

Now let the madmen out to reply to my lack of support for our juniors; but remember this well Drew Hutchinson ain't up to it!

hardbaby

Coach
I haven't been impressed by Hutcho although I've only seen him a few times. He looked ok on the weekend but is way too slow to make it in the halves.