1. Grand Final Edition OUT NOW:

The 2020 NRL & NRLW Grand Final edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for Sunday's Grand Final Day! Also includes Super League Round 17 and 18 squads.

The Grand Final edition brings you special stories from each camp - Paul Jobber chats with Panthers legend Scott Sattler recounts his famous moment in the sides 2003 title win and looks to the current crop of Penrith players; while Rob Crosby looks at Josh Addo-Carr as he laces up for what could be his final Storm game. Rick Edgerton has a Clive Churchill Medal guide, while Joshua Wells speaks to Brisbane NRLW star Millie Boyle as the Broncos cruise toward a Women's threepeat on Sunday.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the programme for both Grand Final Day matches along with teamlists and details for Rounds 17 and 18 of the Super League - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine for your Grand Final reading!

EDITION 22 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Hutchinson .... I'm sorry

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by Wittenberg, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Wittenberg

Wittenberg Juniors

I thought he was not up to first grade standard. He is. His first half was superb. His kicking game was impressive, he tackled well and began to direct teammates. In the second half he went missing a bit but the attacking structure seemed to change as it went more to Benji. He is built like a lock and he plays like one. I especially liked how he was smashed just before halftime but he got up while the Tiger who had put on the hit had to receive treatment.He will develop well next year if today is any indication. To be honest I sat at the ground and at one point thought Bird's loss might not be the disaster we thought. We need to not put too much on the kid but boy I was impressed. Sorry lad I was very, very wrong.

2. Jubileeboy

Jubileeboy First Grade

Well said. He's a Dragons junior too :D

3. TruSaint

TruSaint Coach

I was like you. Very dubious. He's a good one.

4. Lovemedragons

Lovemedragons Juniors

Shows promise, hope they manage him well from here.

5. Get2dachopper!

Get2dachopper! Juniors

Aitken went well too.........gee I wonder how many other juniors we are hiding away, because " they are not ready for first grade yet."

6. coast_dragons

coast_dragons Coach

you will see some next year as the list of players moving on is massive.

7. Jubileeboy

Jubileeboy First Grade

Which will no doubt evoke a whole lot of:
    - why are we not signing superstars?
    - why don't we sign so and so....?
    - why do we have so many juniors in our squad?
    - we don't sign enough depth players.

8. Spud 13

Spud 13 Juniors

Would be great to see a camera shot of how his field goal shot came off the boot before Farrah got there? He might have won us the game right there?

9. lafai

lafai Bench

One game against the Tigers and he's suddenly 2010 Jamie Soward lol

10. Elias1983

Elias1983 Coach

Yeah our future half this kid.

That first half was solid, kicking was awesome and he showed he can defend when he pulled off a beautifull try saving tackle in the second half.

I'f he continues to grow I'd be putting him as starting half 2017 or whenever benjis contract is up.

11. FlameThrower

FlameThrower Bench

No, but due to Widdops injury, he was thrust into this game and gave it a good shot! With the juniors we only need to find a few gems and he looks promising. And would certainly would be cheaper than some other rookie half now claiming to be asking $750k per season!!!

12. lafai

lafai Bench

In before he asks for 800k

13. Get2dachopper!

Get2dachopper! Juniors

Bought, not bred........

14. Como Connection

Como Connection Bench

HUTCHISON PAL, GET IT RIGHT, my Mum's maiden name, could be a relative of mine, FACT.

15. dino2170

dino2170 Juniors

yeah he played as a fill in only, no one mentioned the intercept pass he gave to put the game into golden point time. AND NO SPEED.

16. coast_dragons

coast_dragons Coach

yet he would still be a better person then you dino the dumb shit.

17. dino2170

dino2170 Juniors

Tish tish im just expressing a fact

18. Rob Dragon

Rob Dragon Juniors

I really want to be positive about this kid BUT, he does not run the football. Ever! Players who run the football ask questions of the opposition and this kid will never pose a problem for the opposition. Kicking game? Looks OK. But why is he kicking the ball into touch when we are attacking the opposition line as he did on two occasions last night? The other problem he has is that he passes the ball 5-10 meters from the defensive line meaning you only have to slide in defence and sweat on the men outside him (hence the intercept last night).

Sorry folks but he is an absolute plodder.

19. BlackDuckSaint

BlackDuckSaint Juniors

He is a young kid who is still learning his craft. He will be better off having thrown that pass. Next time he will anticipate the intercept and put in a kick to an unmarked winger. A good half learns from his mistakes... FACT

Also, he may not be Luke Brooks fast be he also isn't Luke Brooks small and weak. He is strong, with a good step and a good kicking game. Joey Johns was never super quick, either was Brad Fittler, they were deceptive and crafty. I am sure he will keep improving.

20. denis preston

denis preston Bench

It was his first full game of NRL !!!! Why wouldn't he be conservative ? Very hard and unfair assessment.