What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hype around the roosters??

Bring back choc

Juniors
WTF??? Im pretty fed up with all these bandwagon ex players and so called commentators tipping roosters victory on Sunday! Then again it'd making me smile a bit too because they are not going to know what hit em on Sunday.

Is it just me or do people agree this momentum and confidence thing with the roosters is a myth!!!? The roosters shouldn't even be there. Very lucky against tigers...then they played a reserve grade penrith team and then played the titans who weren't even interested!!!

I feel pretty positive about Sunday. Mainly because we have just been so methodical all year and i can see every single player absolutely busting a gut on sunday to bring home the bacon. They don't want this to slip away. They'll do the same thing, but with even more conviction.

Im happy for the media to continue to pump up the roosters tyres.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
WTF??? Im pretty fed up with all these bandwagon ex players and so called commentators tipping roosters victory on Sunday!
You're missing the point.

Roosters are considered favourites by the experts.

It's the best news I've heard all day.

Dragon

Coach
Could care less tbh. They love to talk up the NSW team too, look how well thats turned out the last 5 years

dragonfan10

Juniors
The funny thing is that the St George Leagues Club has put up streamers and banners in the lead up Sunday, I was at the Easts Leagues Club today with a friend who is a Rooster and they had NOTHING up. I asked a staff member why and she said "you're the 2000th person to ask me - I have no idea why". :lol:

konk4

Juniors
Does anyone else hate Steve Roach. The worst f**kwit commentator I have seen. He talked up manly before the first semi then forgot about it after the 28 zip scoreline took place. Then he talked up the winner of the Tigers / Raiders game being too good for the Dragons. Then when the Tigers won he spent all week going on and on about how the Tiges would run the Dragons of their feet. Now he`s started talking up the Rorters.

What a complete and utter f**kwit this piece of has been lard is.

Bring back choc

Juniors
yes but i think the experts have missed the point.... how about the dinosaur mike gibson on the back page.... just called us the MOST MEDIOCRE PREMIERSHIP FAVOURITES IN HISTORY". Hmmmmm,
ok Mike. Honestly.

e145

Juniors
i must say that even though i am a dragons fan and would love to see them win the GF on sunday - the hype around the roosters is something to worry about. they have built up some real momentum and exceeded expectations. did the dragons lift enough in intensity against the tigers???
would they be truely satisfied to win by 1 point at the back end of the game?? i wonder......:oops:

Does anyone else hate Steve Roach. The worst f**kwit commentator I have seen. He talked up manly before the first semi then forgot about it after the 28 zip scoreline took place. Then he talked up the winner of the Tigers / Raiders game being too good for the Dragons. Then when the Tigers won he spent all week going on and on about how the Tiges would run the Dragons of their feet. Now he`s started talking up the Rorters.

Thank You. I was thinking the exact same thing. Even when he says something good, he still sounds like a whinging whining little f#ck.

clifford

Juniors

hahahahahaha mate i can not stand him hey, hate him when hes on the footy shows, he has been backing everyone against the dragons he must have sometihn against us, total wank he is

have you also noticed matty johns is another person always keen to knock you guys...

did his time at cronulla made him fully buy into your rivalry?
or has he always hated the dragons?

Dragon

Coach
yes but i think the experts have missed the point.... how about the dinosaur mike gibson on the back page.... just called us the MOST MEDIOCRE PREMIERSHIP FAVOURITES IN HISTORY". Hmmmmm,
ok Mike. Honestly.

Really? I expected better from him

konk4

Juniors
Apparantly Easts Leagues are putting on 6 Maxi Cabs to transport their supporters out to the game on Sunday.

RednWhite

Bench
There's no question the media have jumped on the Rorter's bandwagon led by Gould and Fittler. But they did this last year with the Eels as they need to support the Underdog and against the hot favourites. Why? To sell their newspapers, tv shows etc because if everyone expects the Dragons to win then no-one would be interested in the game (except for Dragons fans). So ignore the Rorter's media hype, if anything it will just add more pressure on them but at the end of the day, the best team will win and we know who that will be.

a_che

Juniors
WTF??? Im pretty fed up with all these bandwagon ex players and so called commentators tipping roosters victory on Sunday!

Forget the explayers and commentators, I've never seen more roosters fans heckling me about my dragons than the past week. The closet has been truly opened and people are rushing out in the hundreds. And like everyone else, I just smile and hope to continue smiling well into the sunday night!

j0nesy

Bench
I think it's great to see the other team being talked up. It's somewhat reminiscent of the Tigers last week. I think we'll be even better on Sunday.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
i must say that even though i am a dragons fan and would love to see them win the GF on sunday - the hype around the roosters is something to worry about. they have built up some real momentum and exceeded expectations. did the dragons lift enough in intensity against the tigers???
would they be truely satisfied to win by 1 point at the back end of the game?? i wonder......:oops:
Don't believe the hype.

And satisfied to win by one point? Not me! I would demand a recount.

Red_Vee

Juniors
all the hype and rooster rubtugging will only make the victory sweeter. as hornby said, "nobody likes us, we don't care". it's good to see the boys also think this way. could be worse, we could be hated for being salary cap rorters or rapists...