What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hype around the roosters??

TheRev

First Grade
You're missing the point.

Roosters are considered favourites by the experts.

It's the best news I've heard all day.

^ This.

On Form, Roosters are deserved favorites, and we want everyone to know it, anything to divert some pressure off our boys and onto the young shoulders of the rorters.

When Matty Johns started picking the Tigers last week, I was ecstatic, he could not have done us a bigger favour.

hardbaby

Coach
We were flat in the first 20 (the problem with the bye) but good in the last 60. On sunday I expect us to be good for the full 80. Beaten the chooks twice this year and expect to do so again. One day c**k of the wall, the next a feather duster. The players expect to win. The supporters do as well. Lame opposition. Who cares about the medai?

mickt

Juniors
I would love to see the rorters go in favourites, see how others handle the pressure for once. Tigers were all over them till benji went off, busted panthers, flat titans, favourites your kidding!!. Put your house on dragons 13 plus.

Steel Dragon

Bench
Think about all the Bennett coached origin sides, they loved having the underdog tag - wether it was deserved or not!

Southernsaint

Staff member
No-one likes us, we don't care.

Seriously, Mike Gibson?? You haven't done anything good since Wired World Of Sports, and that wasn't even you.

Dean Richie had a blog today where apparently he said why there is a deluge of Easts crap in the paper and nothing about us is that our player's aren't "accessible". Why would we want to considering the vendetta they've had against us going on about 5 or season seasons at least...

LazyDreamer

Bench
No-one likes us, we don't care.

Seriously, Mike Gibson?? You haven't done anything good since Wired World Of Sports, and that wasn't even you.

Dean Richie had a blog today where apparently he said why there is a deluge of Easts crap in the paper and nothing about us is that our player's aren't "accessible". Why would we want to considering the vendetta they've had against us going on about 5 or season seasons at least...

It will be so sweet when the Tellingcrap is forced to devote a front page to Benny Hornby holding the premiership trophy aloft! :lol:

Southernsaint

Staff member
It will be so sweet when the Tellingcrap is forced to devote a front page to Benny Hornby holding the premiership trophy aloft! :lol:

No that will be page four behind someone called Rose Ruby who wore a garbage bag on a Qantas flight...

konk4

Juniors
Before the game against the Parasite Rorters at the SCG they had all the momentum and hype then as well. They had won 5 in a row just like now. What happened then ?.

Saints by 20 plus on Sunday. Perrett, Lulia, Linnett, Friend, Aubusson and that f**kwit Hargreaves have no place in a First Grade Grand Final.

It will be a Red and White Massacre on Sunday.

J. Smith to get the Clive Churchill Medal.

konk4

Juniors
Today would be the worst front page story of the telecrap I have ever seen. Kent is a f**kwit. WHat about Page 7, Perretts son born in June will be watching the game. A 3 month old.

The Rorter Wankfest continues.

smi962

First Grade
Let the hype continue, it just puts more pressure on Brian Smith, he's gonna crack I can feel it.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Honestly people, its a game of football, nt a f**king popularity contest & haters are always gonna hate.

Doesn't bother me at all.

boxa777

Coach
Noone will remember the bullsh*t comments by the has-beens so who f**kin cares really what they say.

But everyone will remember the Premiers.

Godz Illa

Coach
If you're basing your enjoyment of this big grand final week on hype, media, commentary or even online forums then you're on the wrong track. Get out there and fly your colours, and if you're in Sydney get to some of the events or even the leagues club. Savour this week out in the Saints community

dragonlady53

Juniors
What really annoys me about the wooden spooners to Grand Finalists stories is that, with the personel the Roosters had last year, they should have been nowhere near the wooden spoon. They grossly underachieved and this year is maybe a fair reflection of what they were capable of. I just hope they don't win!

Firey_Dragon

Coach
See this is where Saints and Easts differ. Yu laugh off the story of Perrett's son like its no big deal and a wankfest. His son is 3 months old and has had 3 open heart operations. Perrett not only lived day and night in that hospital, he trained and played unbelievably well at the time this was happening. This story shows the heart and the courage, the guts and is a good advertisement for league.

Now about those Dragons..............

You can have the fairytale finish, it worked well for the Eels.

Bennett loves the hate and siege mentality, it will only steel our side.

Tom Ace

Bench
WTF??? Im pretty fed up with all these bandwagon ex players and so called commentators tipping roosters victory on Sunday! Then again it'd making me smile a bit too because they are not going to know what hit em on Sunday.

Is it just me or do people agree this momentum and confidence thing with the roosters is a myth!!!? The roosters shouldn't even be there. Very lucky against tigers...then they played a reserve grade penrith team and then played the titans who weren't even interested!!!

I feel pretty positive about Sunday. Mainly because we have just been so methodical all year and i can see every single player absolutely busting a gut on sunday to bring home the bacon. They don't want this to slip away. They'll do the same thing, but with even more conviction.

Im happy for the media to continue to pump up the roosters tyres.

Huh?

melon....

Coach
You can have the fairytale finish, it worked well for the Eels.

Bennett loves the hate and siege mentality, it will only steel our side.
The point is your team was expected to win the comp from round 1. You are facing the wooden spooners. Will you underestimate them? And what is the cost of doing so?

PS. Weyman's in a bad way.

Last edited:

Latest posts