What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hypothetical - In relation to K Hunt and allegiances

hutch

First Grade
a family moves to australia from india, and with them comes an 11 year old boy. after they arrive in australia, the fella takes up cricket, and what do you know, he is a freak with the bat. he soon works his way through the sydney grade competition, makes the australian schoolboys team, and is picked for nsw.

after a few solid years, he is selected to play for australia (although there are better fullbacks, i mean batsmen). should he knock back the aussies to go and play for the country of his birth, or play for the aussies (and have a crack at boonies beer drinking effort on a sydney to london flight).

pretty simple answer!

Ari Gold

Bench
Yes, however if the indian boy said he would play for india in another sport (like K Hunt did) then i would say go f**k yourself

Leagueguy

Juniors
He should play for India. He can come and live in Australia , get citenzship , take an oath to adopt the values of Australia, he can vote, he can pay taxes, work here, eventually raise a family here and maybe even go into politics and help run the country. But when it comes to sporting allegiance, which is a lot more important than the things listed previously, he can't consider himself Australian. He must play for India.

Why are New Zealanders so angry? Doesn't Brent Webb being in their team prevent them from even mentioning Hunt. Hasn't at least one person involved with the New Zealand team tried to to talk the players and coach out of saying anything about Hunt becuase of Webb. Perhaps it was raised but someone quickly said "nah its different hey" and everyone in the team just went "oh ok" and there was no need to analyse it any further. This is the only explanation I have.

Redback71

First Grade
Why are New Zealanders so angry? Doesn't Brent Webb being in their team prevent them from even mentioning Hunt. Hasn't at least one person involved with the New Zealand team tried to to talk the players and coach out of saying anything about Hunt becuase of Webb. Perhaps it was raised but someone quickly said "nah its different hey" and everyone in the team just went "oh ok" and there was no need to analyse it any further. This is the only explanation I have.

hunt wasnt gonna play fullback he was gonna play in the halves with benji

Redback71

First Grade
and no that indian boy cant play for australia he should play for india cause thats where he was born.

if he was born in australia then thats a different situation, and like i said before hunt has only lived in aussie land for 5 years and lived in nz for 11 years

Lang Park

Juniors
Redback71 said:
and no that indian boy cant play for australia he should play for india cause thats where he was born.

if he was born in australia then thats a different situation, and like i said before hunt has only lived in aussie land for 5 years and lived in nz for 11 years

:lol: so by your maths hunt is only 16.there are 5 in the kiwi squad that are born in australia,i think the kiwis have outdone the aussies in poaching talent from other countries;-)

JJ

Immortal
Irene van Dyk

Villamain Davu is a good kiwi too, :lol: we're also great at double standards

Wiki

Juniors
There is a difference, did this Indian boy tell his country that he would play for India like Hunt did, only to turn his back once again and play for Australia 3 weeks later?

There is a problem. Hunt said that Bluey should call him and he "would think about it."

Two problems.

a) He thinks he is bigger than the jersey. He obviously cared not one bit for the black and white jersey. I think the lack of respect for New Zealand in that respect is what has pissed us off so much.

b) He switched allegiances at the last second.

Thats why its such a big debate.

Lang Park said:
so by your maths hunt is only 16.there are 5 in the kiwi squad that are born in australia,i think the kiwis have outdone the aussies in poaching talent from other countries

Most of them have 100% Kiwi blood.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
JJ said:
Irene van Dyk

Villamain Davu is a good kiwi too, :lol: we're also great at double standards

Maybe this thread should be titled hypocritical-In relation to K Hunt and allegiances.

JJ

Immortal
Wiki said:
There is a difference, did this Indian boy tell his country that he would play for India like Hunt did, only to turn his back once again and play for Australia 3 weeks later?

There is a problem. Hunt said that Bluey should call him and he "would think about it."

Two problems.

a) He thinks he is bigger than the jersey. He obviously cared not one bit for the black and white jersey. I think the lack of respect for New Zealand in that respect is what has pissed us off so much.

b) He switched allegiances at the last second.

Thats why its such a big debate.

Most of them have 100% Kiwi blood.

It's not a big debate, except for small-minded people. Irrespective of whether he said he'd think about it, I've only ever seen Hunt reported as saying he wanted to play for Qld and Aust. The NZRL have whored around him, not the reverse (as they've done around others)

FFS, I'm a kiwi, but the NZRL are a dead-set disgrace. The kid has long signalled who he feels he should play for, but they refuse to leave it alone. Webb is a f**king Australian who happens to have lived here for a few years because of his job, and now he's a dyed in the wool NZ'er (my arse he is), and we've all heard stories about Tookey, Martin - we've seen Carroll lured, Thorn and Tahu failed to be lured... it's a f**king joke - they either want to play for NZ or they don't.... Anyone in the NRL who has slightly brown skin or spends more than a weekend in Auckland is approached to play for the kiwis..

As for bagging Hunt remorselessly, why don't you morons start threads to castigate Sione Faumuina, Stacey Jones and Tawera Nikau all of whom were pretty f**king selective about when they played for the kiwis......

anther Hypothetical question, sonny bill has a kid called sonny bill junior born in aussie as sonny bill senior was working in aussie but this time hes as good and not injury prone. since he was born in aussie i guess he can't play for the kiwis.

just like joe gaulavo and tony puletua kids.

Mr Saab

Referee
Redback71 said:

So??? Andrew Symonds was born in England, should he have played for them?
Nice email on 2SM, so you are not going to watch the test match on friday because Hunt was selected. Enjoy watching Flashdance on ch7

Mr Saab

Referee
Redback71 said:

Hunt came to Australia when he was 11. Not 16, not 15, not 14.

When Alex Popov lived and trained in Australia, some high ranking officials got into his hear about representing Australia at the Olympics. He declined and said he was russian. Australia are very good at trying to influence others.
As far as i am concerned Australia is a very very very hypocritical nation. It is like their shyte dont stink.

JJ

Immortal
Mr Saab said:
Hunt came to Australia when he was 11. Not 16, not 15, not 14.

When Alex Popov lived and trained in Australia, some high ranking officials got into his hear about representing Australia at the Olympics. He declined and said he was russian. Australia are very good at trying to influence others.
As far as i am concerned Australia is a very very very hypocritical nation. It is like their shyte dont stink.

and NZ are exactly the same...

all this sh*t stinks, bring on the game!

JJ

Immortal
douglasallen91 said:
anther Hypothetical question, sonny bill has a kid called sonny bill junior born in aussie as sonny bill senior was working in aussie but this time hes as good and not injury prone. since he was born in aussie i guess he can't play for the kiwis.

just like joe gaulavo and tony puletua kids.

isn't this getting a bit silly?

They should play for whoever they "feel" they should play for.

I understand that the Sorenson boy wants to play for Aust. Plus, I assume many of the kiwi PI boys were born in the islands... how many of the NZ team were actually born in NZ?

JJ said:
isn't this getting a bit silly?

why? its a logical statement since supposely cayless bros and pritchard are poaches. is it going to be the same with gaulavo's kids and puletuas kids if they are good enough

Latest posts