What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hystrionics in the Coach's box

Boston Red Sox are a shadow of their side last year got the roster to challenge but the results just aren’t coming sound familiar lol

What about him? He wouldn’t be my choice at centre.
Exactly a slimmed down leilua would be a far better option based on the current squad as I don’t see a replacement for either lafai or aitken in the near future and I’m disappointed with lafai I thought he’d be a good player for us

Leilua is not naturally suited to centre. Lafai is.

If I had to bet on one succeeding at centre with good coaching, it wouldn’t be Leilua.
Ok I tried but aitken is seven different shades of shit and Luciano’s cameos are worthless considering the hype of the last two seasons on him admittedly his fitness needs work

SBD82

Coach
Exactly a slimmed down leilua would be a far better option based on the current squad as I don’t see a replacement for either lafai or aitken in the near future and I’m disappointed with lafai I thought he’d be a good player for us
No. He wouldn’t.

I know it’s frustrating watching the team play, but Leilua is not a centre.

For all of Aitken’s faults, his main issue is the lack of development in his game over the past 4 years. Aitken has the tools to be a first grade centre, e hasn’t been coached well.

Leilua doesn’t have the tools, and wouldn’t be coached well.

No. He wouldn’t.

I know it’s frustrating watching the team play, but Leilua is not a centre.

For all of Aitken’s faults, his main issue is the lack of development in his game over the past 4 years. Aitken has the tools to be a first grade centre, e hasn’t been coached well.

Leilua doesn’t have the tools, and wouldn’t be coached well.
ok end of discussion we’ll agree to disagree I just think Mary can be a little more creative with this side at the moment and I’m sick to death of my dog shitting on the floor before she walks outside

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Watching McGregor in the coach's box just highlighted the fact that he has no clue as to how to change the Team's fortunes.
Burying his head in his hands.
Slapping the desk he was sitting at.
Rocking back in his chair in frustration and exasperation.
These theatrics are just the culmination of his inability to prove the supporters who want him gone, wrong.
Today was the 3rd loss in a row since his declaration at a press conference that "We can still win the comp..."
He could have been a little less brazen and said "We can still make the 8" but he chose not to which now makes him look even more foolish.
Today was his 11th loss out of the last 13 games with him in charge.
This was at Kogarah in front of our home crowd.
The only saving grace was that we did not capitulate in the second half.
This was now the second week we were at full strength according to McGregor's criteria. We still got beat.
POSITIVES
Vaughn - has been great for us ever since he joined from Canberra.
Leilua - continues to develop and was impressive off the bench today.
Ravalawa - can't fault his commitment and especially his enterprise. Could be a surprise packet at centre.
NEGATIVES
Our centre pairing just isn't working. Lafai is very slow and Aitkin cant's pass to save himself.
Hunt - just isn't an intelligent footballer. Wrong options more often than not.
Kicking game - our long kicking game in particular is ordinary.
Game plan - we offer nothing in attack. Predictable 3 hit ups and spread the ball on the 4th.
No variation or creativity in attack.

McGregor has a thick skin.
He hates being made to look foolish but he knows he's safe as houses no matter what happens on the field.

Bellamy says he’s the benchmark for coaches box blow ups now.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Id keep Vaughan, Friz, Macca, Norman and Rava and Saab for development. The rest arent playing to NRL standard. Put a broom through it.

18to87

First Grade
Our strength and conditioning has been shit for years. We are not fit or strong enough. Why is this accepted and rewarded?

Bush league.
They hired an AFL strength coach. What do you expect? I've heard they have an actual Rugby League strength coach lined up for next year.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
ok end of discussion we’ll agree to disagree I just think Mary can be a little more creative with this side at the moment and I’m sick to death of my dog shitting on the floor before she walks outside
a little more creative?? Hell I'd take anything other than run one out for 4, spread it against a set defensive line and then kick as ineffectively as possible, repeat for 80 minutes regardless of what else might be happening.