What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hyundai A-League 2009-10 :: Round 10

Misanthrope

Staff member
The FFA don't set ticket prices. The Roar management got greedy and it's biting them in the ass.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Wrap up of the four games completed over the weekend:

Sydney FC 3
Melbourne Victory 0

Perth Glory 1
Adelaide United 0

Central Coast Mariners 1
North Qld Fury 1

Gold Coast United 1
Brisbane Roar 0

Wellington Phoenix vs Newcastle Jets postponed until Wednesday November 4.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
How unsurprising of you to pop up with such an assertion on a weekend when the Jest don't play.

Yes my club is a joke, but..

When was the last time we got 8k for a game against our nearest rivals? Obviously ticket pricing in Brisbane is ridicuously high levels atm, but come on, they should be getting 20k at least.

When did we last get 8k to a game that featured one of the biggest stars the Premier League has ever seen? Fowler is bigger than Rooney and Owen put together but you lot can't even crack 10k for that game.

Oh, and when was the last time we got out-done in active support by the gypo supporters at our home ground :lol:

F**k up Barbrady

Knightmare

Coach

When was the last time we got 8k for a game against our nearest rivals? Obviously ticket pricing in Brisbane is ridicuously high levels atm, but come on, they should be getting 20k at least.

When did we last get 8k to a game that featured one of the biggest stars the Premier League has ever seen? Fowler is bigger than Rooney and Owen put together but you lot can't even crack 10k for that game.

Oh, and when was the last time we got out-done in active support by the gypo supporters at our home ground :lol:

F**k up Barbrady

For the Jets? Boxing Day last year. ;-)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
No buts about it. They are a joke. Until you get rid of Con and find a more, well... sane backer, you will continue to be. Granted you have a game in hand but you're well on track for another spoon ;-)
11k isn't exactly crash hot. Boxing Day last year. And a large portion of that was our fans.
:lol: Best you don't speak until November 8.
As above, 26 December 2008. Not all that long ago.
F**k up Barbrady
:lol: Try something that isn't a forum cop or fat joke, you might be funny.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
No buts about it. They are a joke. Until you get rid of Con and find a more, well... sane backer, you will continue to be. Granted you have a game in hand but you're well on track for another spoon ;-)

We have a game in hand against the Nix and if their form is anything to go by, there is an easy 1 point. We'll beat Melbourne this weekend

But yes we are a pathetic club, but I couldn't care less. I just want a team to support, and if it is run by drunk then so be it.

11k isn't exactly crash hot. Boxing Day last year. And a large portion of that was our fans.

9k at Bluetongue wasnt great in round 2 either, was it?

Hell, you could only get 9k to the finals game last season against the Roar..

To say that a "large portion" were CCM fans on boxing day last year is laughable to say the least.

:lol: Best you don't speak until November 8.

Fair enough. But I'm confident we can get at least 10k for our game v NQ.

Liverpool has a decent amount of support up here and most of their fans will all go

As above, 26 December 2008. Not all that long ago.

August 14, 2009.

:lol: Try something that isn't a forum cop or fat joke, you might be funny.

Putting forum cop + fat jokes together makes it twice as funny :)

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
Hmmm... interesting.

See, you used a clash against us to defend your crowds in the first place. I've done nothing of the sort and in turn made no excuses for our crowds.

You can use our relatively low crowds all you like, as we've served up rubbish in the past 8-9 odd months and our gate takings are evidence of that. It'll take a few more wins to get bums back on seats, but hopefully as we get closer to summer that will happen.

That said, if you really wanna talk crowds then I'm happy to talk:

Central Coast Mariners @ Bluetongue Stadium in 2009/10
v Newcastle (R2) 9,753
v Sydney FC (R3) 10,029
v Gold Coast (R7) 7,394
v North Qld (R10) 8,043

And no, these figures are nothing to crow about. Pretty ordinary really. Until you see this:

Newcastle Jets @ EnergyAustralia Stadium in 2009/10
v Wellington (R1) 6,654
v Gold Coast (R4) 6,390
v Brisbane (R6) 6,026
v Perth (R8) 4,738

Thanks for coming. :)

Now clean it up.

Mong

Post Whore
Central Coast will be chalking up another loss on Saturday.. Hopefuly there is a decent crowd there to watch it.

Timmah

Staff member
Both teams are in deep sh*t tbh :)
Given our lowest crowd is almost 1,000 higher than your biggest, I dare suggest your problems are much, much bigger. There was talk of the Jets matching the Knights for support in the early stages of 2008, what happened? ;-)
Central Coast will be chalking up another loss on Saturday.. Hopefuly there is a decent crowd there to watch it.
Brisbane home game...

Knightmare

Coach
Are the Roar the biggest underachievers on and off the field in the A-League? Their home crowds a team drawing its' fanbase from a capital city, and they've never really established themselves as the team to beat, the way Melbourne, Adelaide and Sydney have.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Given our lowest crowd is almost 1,000 higher than your biggest, I dare suggest your problems are much, much bigger. There was talk of the Jets matching the Knights for support in the early stages of 2008, what happened? ;-)

Bridge, J Griffiths, A Griffiths, Holland, Covic, Musialik, Bridges f**ked off somewhere ele, so did our form, then our crowds

The better Griffiths might be back in a couple weeks though, so watch out ;-)

Timmah

Staff member
Really? Last I saw he stuck a finger up at an official and is facing a 7 match ban, which will run into early January if I'm not mistaken.

Even overseas he can't stop being a f**kwit.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Really? Last I saw he stuck a finger up at an official and is facing a 7 match ban, which will run into early January if I'm not mistaken.

Even overseas he can't stop being a f**kwit.
Well, actually, it's unclear who it was directed at. But even so, it's a f**king stupid thing to do.

Timmah

Staff member
Don't understand the reference to the Central Coast. Last I checked it was the responsibility of the home side to market and promote football games to increase attendance.