What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Always bounced back - Manly and Moffo wont

I momentarily lost my scrapbook this weekend. Mercilessly for many dubious campaigners that floundered on and off the field in Round 24, I soon regathered it. As I sat back from my rocking chair and gazed at the setting sun last night, I penned a few structured and shrewd notes, I treated myself to a Red cordial and burst open a packet of Cheetohs and basked in the glory of a revealing weekend of football. As they say in the classics, a Trojan will always overpower a starchless imbecile and this was no more evident then in Round 24.

I reminisce that very early in my career the local paper noted that I had a great left hand offload and great turn of speed. Needless to say these skills never lasted long. There was also a time when Moffo apparently backed a winner at Dapto at the juicy odds of $1.36 on a cold Thursday Night in 1994. He might've even been interviewed by Terry Hill, but I’m sure he’s told you all about it, and how his pearly whites have since grown back and he has bought a pair of shoes.
On Friday Night at Telstra Stadium it was one of those rare times, a time to cherish. The famous Black and Gold jumper glowed as the Belmore Berries was confounded to the scrapheap and to the back pages of my scrapbook for 2005.

I’ve always thought that Steve Folkes resembled one of the true characters of our game, always smiling, always up for a joke, there’s never a dull, grey or lifeless moment with flamboyant, full of fun folksy. On Friday Night Folksy became resloved to the fact that his beloved kennel of dogs had run out of smackos, the corner shop was stocked with out-of-date Pal left over from 2004, and the smackos he had bought for next week had already been consumed by a ravenous Willie Mason.. As the few Bulldogs fans in attendance ran for the plains of Punchbowl and the exit doors shortly after halftime, Wests Tigers fan stood and applauded; it was a touching moment. My mind tracked back to the days in which Terry Lamb drove his brewery truck into West’s Tigers offices and proclaimed that he had the attributes to be a good coach. Astonishingly, they appointed him as Grand controller for 2 years and during his tenure he almost destroyed the club.
However the story has a happy resolution, Simmons flew in from Sizzlers with Sheens to save us from the apathy and horseplay and puerile antics of Lamb.
Ex coach Terry was chased off by a bunch of passionate Wests supporters and he was last seen at the wheel of his brewery truck out at Belmore. Willie Mason hoped on board the free wheeling truck, enjoying the post game drinks with his mate Moff, who gazed his eyes firmly over the form guide of the 1994 Sheep Dog Nationals whilst dulging into a KB. All 3 they now hastily retreated to their respective kennels for 2005 as the yelping grows louder on these cold August nights from out Belmore way..

pACE2-984705reg.jpg

The Eastern Suburbs Roosters have sunk to horrendous lows in the wake of their loss to Souths. After the game “salary cap victim” Peter Cusack and his South Sydney crusaders were euphoric and partied in the pubs of Redfern with fans who were still celebrating the win over the Bulldogs from 4 weeks previous.
Meanwhile, Luke Ricketson was voted by many “astute” judges as the best captain in the game in Rugby League Week Absolutely ridiculous. An old captain of ours used to have stats that read like Captain Couragous Ricko, 4 hit up 17 meters, 19 tackles, 3 errors. He used to walk over to unasuming Radio stations covering the game and claim the man of the match award and the free voucher to Red Rooster that Ricko now claims..
lrrm.gif

The NRL need to contemplate reducing the number of teams in the finals to 7. Lets face facts, Manly doesn't deserve to be in the finals, and Manly’s boneheaded fans are even less deserving of this honour. I wonder if dashing Dessy Hasler is still handing out memos on the laptop and instilling his players with the sage advice that winning is the only way you win.
3 months ago, I would cautiously approach these forums at 4.45 on a Sunday armed with my fly swatter and pest control Morteen, such was the amount of degenerate and dole bludging, overweight and over zealous Manly fans doing R rated dances with Peter Peters.

completeguidetopc.jpg

At the Manly v Wests game I came across numerous Manly fans proudly wearing their maroon underwearoutside their pants and their manly socks pulled up to the knees. But this flamboyant, exhuberant look has been replaced by the dull overalls and Toohey’s old hats. Those camping around Manly beach have returned to the harsh realities of life in listless gamming rooms at Blacktown Workers club.
No doubt their summer will entail hours of of watering the concrete, watching blue heelers and writing spitful letters to Danny Moore.

During my long career there were times when I was below my best, when I failed to get square at marker or when I was penalized for an incorrect play the ball but I never sunk to the lows of these rodents. I ensured that my game was lifted for the next week. Sadly for these 3 teams their hopes and dreams are now unacheivable as the last old and bruised red apple thuds gracelessly onto the frost-ladden ground.
RobertShen_old-dying-tree.gif

Cheers.

:lol:

Keep 'em coming CDF, great stuff.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on Canberra's performance, considering we had 11 out injured. Did we have enough starch?

OVP

Coach
LOL great post CDF.

As a long suffering Rooster (trust me, you had to be there in the 80s and early 90's and quite frankly most of the 70s too) i was wondering if you could do a special Brett Finch pack for frustrated Rooster fans. Finch has nothing on Graham Appo quite frankly ;)

Cheers

Ill see what i can come up with OVP. I know there are some suicidal easts fans out there.

However any requests from Manly or Berries fans for packages will be denied.

circling eagle

Juniors
Well on yesterdays performance you are right we probably dont deserve to be there.

That said, nobody else outside the 8 deserves to be there ahead of us, if they did they would be there.

OVP

Coach
croydon Dog food said:
Ill see what i can come up with OVP. I know there are some suicidal easts fans out there.

However any requests from Manly or Berries fans for packages will be denied.

LOL thanks mate. Dont forget to mention the teeth

lookalikes4.jpg

I Bleed Green said:
:lol:

Keep 'em coming CDF, great stuff.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on Canberra's performance, considering we had 11 out injured. Did we have enough starch?

Canberra have shown trojan like qualities this season.

But old and battered trojans sometimes get run down, and without the skill, they have been exposed. Although i beleive they are worthy of 8th place ahead of Manly.

circling eagle said:
Well on yesterdays performance you are right we probably dont deserve to be there.

That said, nobody else outside the 8 deserves to be there ahead of us, if they did they would be there.

I think thats a fair point right there.

One must not forget that Manly did really well for half the season, and they will have deserved 8th place based on the football they played then.

Dog-E

Juniors
LOL...I don't know whether to laugh, or go take a couple of panadeine and have a good lie down after reading that!

You're.....different shall we say CDF - And I will (in most instances anyway!) - never discourage different! Keep it up! ;-)

KFC

Juniors
God I love Rugby League.

No other game could produce the genius that is croydon Dog food.

Very funny stuff.

Iluvfinchy

Juniors
u could neva rite bad stuff abt finchy

he is 2 good an ricko is still the best captin in the nrl regardles

Slappy

Juniors
CDF your contract with league unlimited should be extended!!!
Your ability to pinpoint out the starchless campaigners that frequent this website and slow their oxygen intake/theft adds a certain breath of fresh air!

Keep up the champion commentary, these forums as well as the rugby league community need to take a good long look in the mirror but certainly not as long as that ultra-captain Rickettson would before a game!

Good stuff!!!

cheers slappy

you remain one of the few here capable of making any in roads.

this place would be dull and lifeless without experienced campaigners like me.

Moffo

Referee
croydon Dog food said:
cheers slappy

you remain one of the few here capable of making any in roads.

this place would be dull and lifeless without experienced campaigners like me.

0471654655.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

super_coach

First Grade
CDF--you slant on the starchless,was hard hitting as always and of course deserved.

But CDF have the cellar dewellers ever shown as much starch,knights rabits and to a lesser extent the chockie soliders,have been playing like TROJANS FUELED BY STARCH.Maybe they deserve some kind words from your pen,to give them hope for 2006.