What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am expecting a Mullaney thread..

I'll bite :)

He did well considering how strong Manly were in the 1st half and how poor Parra were.

Plenty of determination in his 1st first grade try.

How was that?

innsaneink

Referee
He went OK in tough surroundings.
Looks to have beefed up a fair bit.
I hope he has a good long NRL career.

dumpy

Juniors
I am a supporter that was disappointed that Mullaney was never given a chance at 1st Grade.
Why would you ever consider a player who can defuse bombs, catch ball on full, chime into back line, draw and pass, tackle, kick and is still the highest under 20's point scorer?
Coach Sheen naturally preferred and persevered with that dynamic peaheart Timid Moltzen who is challenged in all departments even including his word.

I am a supporter that was disappointed that Mullaney was never given a chance at 1st Grade.
Why would you ever consider a player who can defuse bombs, catch ball on full, chime into back line, draw and pass, tackle, kick and is still the highest under 20's point scorer?
Coach Sheen naturally preferred and persevered with that dynamic peaheart Timid Moltzen who is challenged in all departments even including his word.
You are a supporter without a clue but happily whinging and whining and bitching on Sheens.

Sheens didn't choose Moltzen over Mullaney.

Tedesco was the chosen one.
Mullaney was considered less of a prospect than Tedesco. End of story.

gronkathon

First Grade
Don't rate Mullaney at all.

I rate him talent wise the level of Coedi Towney but with more application to the task.

Maybe he was a work in progress but he showed nothing in Reserve grade other than poor defence and weak kick returns.

That and there was the time he had his mother cry to the local paper that he wasn't getting a fair go.

pirie

Juniors
I play touch footy with his brother and dad. They talk him up like hes the next lockyer

Don't rate Mullaney at all.

I rate him talent wise the level of Coedi Towney but with more application to the task.

Maybe he was a work in progress but he showed nothing in Reserve grade other than poor defence and weak kick returns.

That and there was the time he had his mother cry to the local paper that he wasn't getting a fair go.

His chances of debuting before that were slim to FA, that manoeuvre was all she wrote for Jake at WT.

leoc

Juniors
Maybe not a superstar but worth keeping as a back up in case Tedesco got injured, oh right as he did!! Now Moltzen's meant to be there cause fearless leader decided so and we've been playing revolving halves & fullbacks ever since.

Fordy20

Juniors
You are a supporter without a clue but happily whinging and whining and bitching on Sheens.

Sheens didn't choose Moltzen over Mullaney.

Tedesco was the chosen one.
Mullaney was considered less of a prospect than Tedesco. End of story.

What kind of bullshit is this? Tedesco was given his first crack at first grade at 19. That means Tim Moltzen was preferred at fullback over Mullaney for at least two years irrespective of the club's opinion of Tedesco.

The Gambler

Juniors
I don't think he is any good - classic example of a guy who can carve up in the lower grades but just doesn't have it in him to take it to the next level.

Good luck to him.

MacDougall

First Grade
I don't think he is any good - classic example of a guy who can carve up in the lower grades but just doesn't have it in him to take it to the next level.

Good luck to him.

I think you have it backwards. He carved up twenties but he has hardly set the state cup alight, but I think he is the sort of player mentally that will perform better in the NRL than the state cup. His first game was very good, he did some really good things that went unnoticed like get up from making a tackle on one wing to actually get to the other wing to almost stop a try in the same play, plus he was just sound in all regards. He would have been Parra's best player.

R2Coupe

Juniors
Besides Tedesco, there is Moltzen with Rowe and Rudolph in the system. Tedesco had interest from Manly, Canterbury and the Dragons which is usually a good indication he is considered a NRL player. Mullaney ended up at the Eels. Nofoloama also had interest from these clubs and Penrith. I think he can also play fullback. How many do we need?

Fordy20

Juniors
I'm not sure how many we need, but the fact that Moltzen is our current first choice fullback indicates that we lack depth in this position, just as the continuing selection of Benji at halfback indicates a lack of depth in this position.