What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am gonna make a call here.

nomarg

His goalkicking percentage is not much better than Benji's. I think he's a gppd prospect, but would be surprised if he is ready next year.

Benji is kicking at 67 %
Mullaney at 71%

Interestingly Covell is only kicking at 68%-
Campese 68%
Smith 70 %
Parker 70 %

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Given that on average, the male stops growing at 21 years of age at the absolute latest, I don't think any of these players should be pushed into First Grade until they are at least 21 or 22.

blackandwhite

Juniors
Given that on average, the male stops growing at 21 years of age at the absolute latest, I don't think any of these players should be pushed into First Grade until they are at least 21 or 22.

Agee with you 100%.

Just out of interest when does the female stop growing ?

nomarg

Would have saved Benjis Shoulders.....

DanOz

Juniors
Under 23's makes so much more sense, and allow 2 senior players per team to guide the young guys like they did in the old days. Then we wouldn't have players in park footy at age 20 looking to Union / AFL etc because they are not ready for 1st grade and have slipped through the cracks.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Agee with you 100%.

Just out of interest when does the female stop growing ?

tbh most females are pretty much done growing by about 15 (you'll find sh*tloads who are more or less done by 12 or 13 these days though), and males on average reach their maximum height at around age 16.

Obviously there's this notion that males "fill out" between about 16-20 but I'm not sure if there's actually a scientific basis to say that this is a normal thing, or if it's just normal for skinny guys to start hitting the gym when they've actually finished growing?